+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Deportation - criminality

Cdadivorce

Jul 10, 2011
So my ex is going to trial for a charge involving me (his sponsor) that if convicted maximum penalty is 10 years. Seems like this is deemed "serious criminality" but what are the chances that he will actually receive a deportation order? And what steps would need to be taken to try to ensure deportation order happens?

This may sound mean-spirited on the face of it, but without going into the long winded details, this person abused me upon entering Canada, then used the sponsorship agreement to control me and has harassed me religiously since I called it quits - hence the charges.

Any help would be much appreciated!

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
You only need to show up in court, testify truthfully and let justice take its course.

A few weeks ago, the gov't implemented new rules relating to foreign criminals. Basically, non-citizens(permanent residents included) who are convicted of a crime that carries a jail sentence of 6 months or more will be deported after serving time. This is irrespective of how long they have lived in Canada. There are no more appeals on humanitarian and compassionate grounds but the Minister may authorize special consideration in some circumstances.

Here it is: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/releases/2012/2012-06-20.asp

black crow

Nov 21, 2010
i wonder why husbands do this with wives, i have a same bro inlaw. let him be imprisoned for 1000 years.

Cdadivorce

Jul 10, 2011
I don't think my ex will actually do jail time as this is first offence and they tell me it is rare. Regardless, maximum penalties are 10 years for this crime. So I guess, I just wait for justice to slowly take it's course (it's been 2 years since the actual incident). It's just hard because even with the charges, restraining orders and lots of time, the harassement continues - wish there was a way to stop it so I could go on living a normal life.

Black crow, I never thought someone could be so mean - especially someone that I loved enough to marry. It's a scary thought that people can change so drastically!

Thanks!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I know of a man who was deported because of domestic violence but I don't know if it was a first offence.