+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dependents landing before Primary applicant

Darshiloza

Nov 27, 2023
Hi do you have any updates on this situation? I have similar case my dependent is planning to travel soon but I am PA still waiting for copr! How did immigration went and did they travel safely?

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Hi do you have any updates on this situation? I have similar case my dependent is planning to travel soon but I am PA still waiting for copr! How did immigration went and did they travel safely?
Your dependent CANNOT land before you get your eCoPR. They'll need a copy of your eCoPR before landing. If they landed before you get your eCoPR, their passport+CoPR will be seized at the airport upon landing and they'll be out of status in Canada till CBSA sorts this out(after you get your eCoPR).

Reactions: H06

H06

Sep 26, 2017
Surrey BC
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIO NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
15 March 2021 (Paper Application)
Doc's Request.
24-02-2022 Schedule A ( Dependant)
AOR Received.
24-02-2022
Med's Request
03-03-2022 Medical Passes (old medicals)
Your dependent CANNOT land before you get your eCoPR. They'll need a copy of your eCoPR before landing. If they landed before you get your eCoPR, their passport+CoPR will be seized at the airport upon landing and they'll be out of status in Canada till CBSA sorts this out(after you get your eCoPR).
Yes that’s correct and that’s exactly what happened. So please consider waiting before the PA gets the COPR. Thanks

Dec 8, 2023
Hi, have you received any communication on your COPR yet, and sorry if you do not mind can you please advise when your COPR is expiring. I am in a similar situation where my dependent has received the COPR and passport stamp and I am waiting for my landing procedure

Dec 8, 2023
Well ! There is a small update in my brothers case. The pa is inland and has not got copr and the dependent’s in the home country got immigration visa and copr and on arrival at the airport in Canada they were told that they can’t land them but since they have arrived in Canada on valid documents they went on to seize their passport and gave them entry for two months pending issuing of copr to the principal applicant. Hope this helps others who might be thinking to land before the principal applicant has not got a copr.
Hello, is there any update on your brother's case since dependent arrived in Canada, have they received their COPR's yet or still pending?

H06

Sep 26, 2017
Surrey BC
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIO NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
24-02-2022
Med's Request
Hello, is there any update on your brother's case since dependent arrived in Canada, have they received their COPR's yet or still pending?
Hello. Unfortunately they have not received the COPR. Uploaded portal 2 on September 11. Contacted the local MP several times but nothing happening.

Dec 8, 2023
Hello. Unfortunately they have not received the COPR. Uploaded portal 2 on September 11. Contacted the local MP several times but nothing happening.
Secondly did they had Canada visitor visa or they travelled with the COPR and PR Visa to Canada? How was their experience at the POE. Thank you

H06

Sep 26, 2017
Surrey BC
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIO NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
24-02-2022
Med's Request
Secondly did they had Canada visitor visa or they travelled with the COPR and PR Visa to Canada? How was their experience at the POE. Thank you
Update : The PA got the COPR yesterday and we went to the airport to get the passports from the airport. They gave the COPR to the dependent’s and did the landing process.
One of the dependent’s had a visitor visa but that’s not relevant since they were given Immigration visa so they reached Canada without a problem. On arrival they were told that since the PA has not landed yet so they can’t land them as well. They seized the passport and gave three months time to stay in Canada. They treated them nicely but had to wait for couple of hours for the process. Hope it helps.

Dec 8, 2023
Update : The PA got the COPR yesterday and we went to the airport to get the passports from the airport. They gave the COPR to the dependent’s and did the landing process.
One of the dependent’s had a visitor visa but that’s not relevant since they were given Immigration visa so they reached Canada without a problem. On arrival they were told that since the PA has not landed yet so they can’t land them as well. They seized the passport and gave three months time to stay in Canada. They treated them nicely but had to wait for couple of hours for the process. Hope it helps.
Thanks for the quick update, sorry if you don't mind when did the dependents travelled to Canada? and what is the nationality.

H06

Sep 26, 2017
Surrey BC
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIO NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
24-02-2022
Med's Request
Thanks for the quick update, sorry if you don't mind when did the dependents travelled to Canada? and what is the nationality.
They landed on 24th October and PA got the COPR on December 8th. They were allowed entry till 31 December. They would have had to go to airport to get an extension if they PA didn’t get COPR till that time.

Reactions: indiatocanadalife
Dec 8, 2023
They landed on 24th October and PA got the COPR on December 8th. They were allowed entry till 31 December. They would have had to go to airport to get an extension if they PA didn’t get COPR till that time.
thank you and what is their nationality.

H06

Sep 26, 2017
Surrey BC
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIO NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
24-02-2022
Med's Request
thank you and what is their nationality.
We are from india. If your dependent’s want to come they can but better to wait since they would be without status and days would not be counted I guess and still if they come please get a decent insurance cover for their entire stay. Thanks

Reactions: indiatocanadalife