+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dependents in IMM008 for Parents/Grand Parents PR application 2022

Dec 8, 2022
Hello Everyone

I have 2 sons both are older than 22years, married and not financially dependent.
>> Elder son is Canadian citizen who is sponsoring my PR.
>> Younger son is working in India and not accompanying me in Canada (only me & my wife are applying).
In IMM008 form regarding Parents/Grand Parents PR application 2022,Do I need to add anyone of them in list of dependents

As the header of form is confusing as it says:

Dependants
You must provide details about each of your family members, whether they will come with you to Canada or not. You must list all your children even if they are already permanent residents or citizens of Canada).

You must also include details on family members if you don’t know where they are (even those missing or presumed dead). If you don’t list them on your application, you will not be able to sponsor them later if your situation changes.

When prompted, you can add more family members by clicking “Add dependants.” You can also click “Delete” to remove any dependants. If you do not need to add family members, click “No.” Once you are finished, click “Complete and return to application” to save this form and return to the main application page.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

Sam011

Jun 8, 2015
Hello Everyone

I have 2 sons both are older than 18years, married and not financially dependent.
>> Elder son is Canadian citizen who is sponsoring my PR.
>> Younger son is working in India and not accompanying me in Canada (only me & my wife are applying).
In IMM008 form regarding Parents/Grand Parents PR application 2022,Do I need to add anyone of them in list of dependents

As the header of form is confusing as it says:

Dependants
You must provide details about each of your family members, whether they will come with you to Canada or not. You must list all your children even if they are already permanent residents or citizens of Canada).

You must also include details on family members if you don’t know where they are (even those missing or presumed dead). If you don’t list them on your application, you will not be able to sponsor them later if your situation changes.

When prompted, you can add more family members by clicking “Add dependants.” You can also click “Delete” to remove any dependants. If you do not need to add family members, click “No.” Once you are finished, click “Complete and return to application” to save this form and return to the main application page.

Thanks in advance
Dependent is under 22 years old not 18