+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dependents' change of residence

saeidataei

Jun 30, 2023
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Hello everyone,

I have a question and would greatly appreciate some guidance.

When I applied for PR under CEC, my wife and son were not living in Canada. Consequently, on the application form, their country of residence was not listed as Canada. However, they have recently arrived in Canada, and I'm unsure if I need to inform IRCC about this change. If I do need to inform them, what is the best way to do it? Can I simply send a webform?

Thank you!

Chasechs

Sep 11, 2019
Is their arrival in Canada a lengthy one - work permit, study permit, 12 month visitors record? If they are visiting for a month or two, there is no reason to inform IRCC of this. But if their stay is going to be over 6 months then updating the family form and returning by webform should help.

Reactions: saeidataei

saeidataei

Jun 30, 2023
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Thanks for your reply.

Yes, they'll be staying in Canada for more than 6 months, as my wife has a work permit, and my son has a visitor record. Regarding the form, I believe you were referring to the 'Family Information' form, which includes all family members, not just dependents.

If anyone has further guidance on how to handle this situation, I would greatly appreciate it.