+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dependent visa

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
prathyusha said:
Hii everyone..my fiance is in Canada now on study permit and he have open work permit too,he is going to complete his study visa by dec 2015,we r going to get marry by may 2015 and do i get spouse dependent visa and open work permit as long as his study visa complete? And after his study visa he have chance to get work visa,then can I continue with him with my work permit?

please please do reply for me and help regarding this process
Once you are married, you can apply for an open work permit based on his study permit. You will still have to show that you are not a risk to overstay in Canada. After he graduates his program, he can get a post-grad work permit. You can get an open spouse work permit based on his permit as long as he is working a skilled job.

Bharath1987

Jan 31, 2014
Hi Leon and everybody,

I am in the same situation, i am planning to get married in December 2014 and then my wife will apply for Open work permit.

I have have my student visa, my program ( 1 year ) is starting soon and my student visa is valid till March 2016, what do you guys suggest post marriage.

- To apply dependent visa Open work permit ? in decemeber imme post marriage ?

- To come canada on Student visa for any SPP college ?

What is the best option please guide me through this, do not wish to have any rejection :(

Cheers,
B

jeet dhani

Sep 12, 2014
HI,
I AM JEET FROM INDIA , PLS IF I CAN GET THE GUIDANCE IT WOULD BE A GRT HELP.

The situation is that my wife went to canada on student visa and she has enrolled into her college, now i want to accompany her as she is finding it difficult to manage alone in the new country, so for what category of visa should i apply for!

1) should i apply for open work permit ? if yes then what is the processing time it takes to get the open work permit visa?or
2) should i apply for visitor visa? if yes then what processing time it takes? but the question is that is it possible to convert visitor visa into work permit after reaching canada? and what is the duration of visitors visa? and how long the processing time for converting visitor into work permit takes?
thanks

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jeet dhani said:
HI,
I AM JEET FROM INDIA , PLS IF I CAN GET THE GUIDANCE IT WOULD BE A GRT HELP.

The situation is that my wife went to canada on student visa and she has enrolled into her college, now i want to accompany her as she is finding it difficult to manage alone in the new country, so for what category of visa should i apply for!

1) should i apply for open work permit ? if yes then what is the processing time it takes to get the open work permit visa?or
2) should i apply for visitor visa? if yes then what processing time it takes? but the question is that is it possible to convert visitor visa into work permit after reaching canada? and what is the duration of visitors visa? and how long the processing time for converting visitor into work permit takes?
thanks

1) According to http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp/workers.asp#asia the processing time for a work permit if you apply from India is 4 months. I do not know if an open permit would be faster than a regular permit.

2) According to http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp/visitors.asp#asia the processing time for a visit visa in New Delhi is 12 days. Of course you have to prove that you will not overstay etc.

If you get a visitor visa, you can apply for an open work permit from within Canada. The processing time for that is 7 days if you apply online, see http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/inFORMation/times/temp.asp

AlphansoJ

Jan 2, 2018
Hi, I have a query. I have just my Canadian PR. I am planning to get married in India next year and want to get my wife to Canada permanently. I doubt she will be eligible for the express entry program. Can someone please guide me how I can apply for her visa and can she work here?