+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dependent VISA for Spouse in Canada

shah7424

Feb 23, 2016
Hi

I have a post graduate work permit in Canada for 3 years. I did 2 years diploma in Computer studies.
right now i have a field job with permanent job offer later.
so my question is that may I apply Dependent visa for my wife? Is she eligible for work?
Requirement documents? How much time it takes for VISA?

Please Advice.

Thanks
Shah

sashali78

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shah7424 said:
Hi

I have a post graduate work permit in Canada for 3 years. I did 2 years diploma in Computer studies.
right now i have a field job with permanent job offer later.
so my question is that may I apply Dependent visa for my wife? Is she eligible for work?
Requirement documents? How much time it takes for VISA?

Please Advice.

Thanks
Shah
There is no such thing as a spousal dependent visa. There is spousal sponsorship path, but to qualify you have to be a PR or Citizen. From your post looks like you have not yet got your permanent residence status though, so this route is not open to you at the moment.
So you have a few options here:
1. Your wife may qualify for open work permit. For that, you have to have a job with NOC 0, A or B. Based on your studies major and assuming what kind of work you do, i think you may qualify. This is your best path at the moment as far as i see it - then you can apply for PR under Express Entry when both of you are in Canada
2. The other option is to immediately apply for PR under Express entry program. However, keep in mind that she may have to wait outside Canada while PR application is being processed. It will be dependent on CIC whether to approve her TRV or not (i assume you are not from visa free entry countries), so its a risk.
For both of these options you will have better and more current advises in other sections of this forum, check the Express Entry and Foreign Workers forum pages.