+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dependent Children

rlajambe

Jul 4, 2011
I am filing an outland application for my wife. She is in Mexico with both of our children. I am Canadian, born in Canada, and our son is the same. Our daughter is first generation born outside of Canada so she is Canadian already (waiting for citizenship certificate to be processed).

My question is whether it is necessary to list our children on my wife's application as accompanying dependants. My understanding is that accompanying dependants are included in the application if they are also immigrating to Canada. Since our children are already Canadian, I assume this is unnecessary.

Am I correct in my assumption?

rlajambe

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
:D, You have to include your family members :
WHO ARE NOT ALREADY PERMANENT RESIDENTS OR CITIZENS OF CANADA.
So your assumption is correct.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Right, they don't have to be on the immigration form itself but they do need to be listed on the additional family information form.

Aneyshar

Jul 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
GUAT
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-JUL-2011
Med's Done....
22-JUN-2011
Correct-O eveyrone!

also, dont forget that you must include your Canadian citizen kids in Form 5406, and if either you or your wife has the kids living with you or her, they must also be listed on all other forms corresponding to either applicant or sponsor. For example, in our case, our Canadian kids live with both of us, so I included their names in my 5406, and my 5490; correspondingly, my husband included them in his 5481, Section 6.B