1-Aug-2013
Passport Req..
26-Sep-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
soon
Dear All,

Me and my wife are permanent resident holders who did landing in june 10. after that we came back to our resident country continue job.

there we had children born in this country. Now we are travelling back to canada and sponsoring them from there leaving children in home country.

I would like to know wat documents will be required for sponsoring them

1. Do i need to bring pcc from this country.

2. if so do i need to bring for all family or only for children.

3. what are the other documents required from this country or home country.

Regards
ram

Farfelu

Star Member
Dec 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-JUN-2012
Doc's Request.
01-AUG-2012
AOR Received.
17-JUL-2012
File Transfer...
12-OCT-2012
Med's Request
01-AUG-2012
Med's Done....
30-AUG-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
26-MAR-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-APR-2013
What is "pcc"?

What does "this country" or "home country" mean?

You need to make sure that you are still considered a Permanent Resident because living outside of Canada for a certain period of time may disqualify you as a PR. Check that first. Then you need to prove that your children were born AFTER you became PR otherwise they will not be eligible as family class and you could be charged for misrepresentation.

If you are still considered PR and your children were born abroad after you obtained PR status, then you'll proceed with a family class sponsorship application. Read the Sponsorship guide http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/3900ETOC.asp , the Immigration guide http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/3999Etoc.asp and the region specific guide corresponding to the country you are applying from, which you did not specify in your post.

good luck.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
ramkris said:
Dear All,

Me and my wife are permanent resident holders who did landing in june 10. after that we came back to our resident country continue job.

there we had children born in this country. Now we are travelling back to canada and sponsoring them from there leaving children in home country.

I would like to know wat documents will be required for sponsoring them

1. Do i need to bring pcc from this country.

2. if so do i need to bring for all family or only for children.

3. what are the other documents required from this country or home country.

Regards
ram
No, you don't need PCCs for the kids as they are under 18 years.

Without knowing what country you are from, no one can tell you what other documents you specifically need, as different countries have different requirements.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
If you don't get back to Canada before it becomes impossible to fulfil the residency requirements, you will probably not be able to sponsor your children for another two years. Even applying could put your PR status at risk. By my calculations, you have probably only 7 weeks to return, and you will then have to stay in Canada for almost all the next two years.

ramkris

Apr 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Aug-2013
File Transfer...
13-Sep-2013
Med's Done....
1-Aug-2013
Passport Req..
26-Sep-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
soon
Hi All.

Thanks for all the answers.Sorry for late reply. Ill be returning soon to canada. can i apply for my children immediately upon landing there.

Regards
ram

ramkris

Apr 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Aug-2013
File Transfer...
13-Sep-2013
Med's Done....
1-Aug-2013
Passport Req..
26-Sep-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
soon
Hi Zardoz/All

Now i'm landed in canada with out any problems and was looking for sponsoring my children while filling out forms i got some doubts.

1. Do i need to fill sponsorship evaluation?. As i returned recently i dont have job yet . Do i need to wait until one year as it asks for income.

2. who is principal applicant on the application imm1344 (is it my child )

3. who has to fill imm008 me or my child ( i will fill in place of my child)?

Appreciate your feed back

Regards
ram

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
ramkris said:
Hi Zardoz/All

Now i'm landed in canada with out any problems and was looking for sponsoring my children while filling out forms i got some doubts.

1. Do i need to fill sponsorship evaluation?. As i returned recently i dont have job yet . Do i need to wait until one year as it asks for income.

2. who is principal applicant on the application imm1344 (is it my child )

3. who has to fill imm008 me or my child ( i will fill in place of my child)?

Appreciate your feed back

Regards
ram
1- yes, if you're the sponsor then you must fill it in. If you don't have a job yet, then explain why (just returned to Canada), and explain what is your plan to support your family. If you have savings, include a proof of it. If you are currently hosted by family, get a letter from them explaining that they are willing to support you etc. There is no minimum income requirement, but you must convince CIC that you won't go on welfare.
2- yes, it's your child, but of course, you can fill it out on his behalf, as I assume he is too young for that.
3 - everything on the "sponsored person" checklist should be filled out from your child point of view.

Also - when was the child born? if the child was born before you became a PR, but you didn't declare him/her on the PR application, you can never sponsor him/her. If the child was declared but didn't come with you, then it's OK.
If the child was born after you became a PR of Canada, then it's all good.

You came back to Canada, but can you fulfill the residency requirements (2 years in Canada in the last 5 years)? If that's not the case, you should stay in Canada, and in 2 years ( as they only look at the last 5 years) you can apply to sponsor your child. If you apply before, CIC will see that you can not fulfill the residency requirement (if that's the case), and your PR might be at risk.

Good luck,
Sweden

Aug 28, 2009
Hi,

My case is some what similar to ramkris.

Myself and my wife are PR of canada. We landed in Canada in May 2011 and came back to India in July 2011 due to some personal reasons. We have our child born in India in Aug 2012.

Now, we intend to go back to Canada with our child.

For that, I have submitted my sponsorship application to CPC Mississauga (knowing the fact that while living in India, I cannot apply for sponsorship).

Now my client application status shows 'Decision Made' and sent a letter on my representative's email, that I am not eligible to sponsor, but they have forwarded my application to Visa office in India, who will make the final decision (yet to be made).

Now could it happen that local visa office could grant a visa to my child, because we will not be able to leave our child in India alone, as there is no one here where we could leave our child.

Please help....

ramkris

Apr 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Aug-2013
File Transfer...
13-Sep-2013
Med's Done....
1-Aug-2013
Passport Req..
26-Sep-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
soon
Thanks Sweden for reply,

Child was born after our first landing in canada. I will stay here continuosly for 2 years to fulfil residency requirements. Do you recommend to sponsor child now or after some time.

what would be best time to sponsor them. Well till now i didn't stay here but until i dont stay here how can cic put my pr at risk.

Regards
ramkris

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
ramkris said:
Thanks Sweden for reply,

Child was born after our first landing in canada. I will stay here continuosly for 2 years to fulfil residency requirements. Do you recommend to sponsor child now or after some time.

what would be best time to sponsor them. Well till now i didn't stay here but until i dont stay here how can cic put my pr at risk.

Regards
ramkris
If the baby was born after you became a PR, then it's OK.

When did you land as a PR, and when did you leave Canada? based on that, I can give you a more informed answer if you can sponsor them right away, or if you need to wait (because of potential issues with your PR).

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
bhaveshbarot83 said:
Hi,

My case is some what similar to ramkris.

Myself and my wife are PR of canada. We landed in Canada in May 2011 and came back to India in July 2011 due to some personal reasons. We have our child born in India in Aug 2012.

Now, we intend to go back to Canada with our child.

For that, I have submitted my sponsorship application to CPC Mississauga (knowing the fact that while living in India, I cannot apply for sponsorship).

Now my client application status shows 'Decision Made' and sent a letter on my representative's email, that I am not eligible to sponsor, but they have forwarded my application to Visa office in India, who will make the final decision (yet to be made).

Now could it happen that local visa office could grant a visa to my child, because we will not be able to leave our child in India alone, as there is no one here where we could leave our child.

Please help....
It is very unlikely that the VO will decide to continue with the sponsorship.
Your best bet ( and probably the fastest) is to withdraw your application now, and then re-apply. As a PR of Canada, you MUST be living in Canada to be able to sponsor. As long as you don't meet that requirement, you won't be able to sponsor your child. You also have to watch for the residency requirement ( you're still OK, but keep an eye on it).

Once you withdraw your application, you have 2 solutions:
*apply for a TRV for your child, explaining that you will apply for PR as soon as you're in Canada. If the TRV is granted, then you can return to Canada with your family, and apply for PR right away.
*if the TRV is denied, then one of the parents returns to Canada, while the other stays with the child in India. If you return, as soon as you're in Canada, you can send the application to Mississauga. It's hard to be away from your child and spouse, but that's the only way that your sponsorship will be accepted. then - the waiting time starts. For a child, I don't think there is any specific procedure, but because there is no doubt that the relationship is genuine (which is the one that takes most of the time at the VO), and there is no security background check, it typically goes faster than a spouse sponsorship.

Note that if you do get a TRV, you will have to apply outland even if the child is in Canada, there is no inland sponsorship for children. So the file will still go to New Delhi, and you will have to arrange for the passport to reach New Delhi etc. - but you can worry about that when the time comes, there are quite a few applicants going through ND on the forum and I'm sure you will find some support.
You will also need to ensure that your child maintains a legal status - which means extending the TRV. However, with the proof that the PR application is on-going, the extension should be fairly easy.

Good luck,
Sweden

ramkris

Apr 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Aug-2013
File Transfer...
13-Sep-2013
Med's Done....
1-Aug-2013
Passport Req..
26-Sep-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
soon
Thanks sweden,
landed around may 2010 left in june 2010 came back now in may 2013.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Ok. You will need to renew your PR in May 2015, and prove to CIC that you have stayed in Canada at least 2 years in the last 5 years. You're very close to the limit, so I would advise to look at the precise dates (and you will need them as well when you want to renew your PR).

if you landed in May 2010 and stayed for 1 month, and then came back in May 2013, you should be OK, provided that you don't leave Canada for the next 2 years. That's really important, because if you don't have enough days for the residency requirement, then your PR will be denied (when you renew it in 2015).

When you apply for sponsorship for your child now, CIC will have a look at your current PR situation to see if you will be able to renew your PR (this is why I said that your PR could be at risk: if you had been out of the country for 4 years for example, CIC could easily see that you would not be able to fulfill the residency requirement. In that case, you would have to stay for 2 years now in Canada, and then apply for sponsorship, as CIC will only look at the last 5 years - not from the time you landed, just the last 5 years before you apply).

From the look of it now, it seems that if you don't leave Canada for the next 2 years, you will keep your PR, so it's OK to apply now to sponsor your child. Just make sure when you fill out the forms that you put the precise dates when you landed, left Canada, and re-enter again, so that CIC has no doubts about your ability to fulfill residency requirement.

Good luck,
Sweden

ia001

Feb 7, 2014
Dear All

I applied sponsorship for my 6 months old daughter as she was born outside Canada (In Pakistan). Rest of my family member are PR. Sponsorship is approved and recently got a letter about the decision made on 19th February 2014. But her file is transferred to London rather than Islamabad. Any idea what are the processing times for minors in London?

ramkris

Apr 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Aug-2013
File Transfer...
13-Sep-2013
Med's Done....
1-Aug-2013
Passport Req..
26-Sep-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
soon
ia001 said:
Dear All

I applied sponsorship for my 6 months old daughter as she was born outside Canada (In Pakistan). Rest of my family member are PR. Sponsorship is approved and recently got a letter about the decision made on 19th February 2014. But her file is transferred to London rather than Islamabad. Any idea what are the processing times for minors in London?
There is no special timings for minors different from spousual application but as it was london you can expect faster response times than Islamabad where your child can go to school by the time they dispatch visa.last year london took 7 months for 20 percent of applications on dependent children .Hope the best.