+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dependent Child Sponsorship

adssaini

Jun 26, 2014
Hi,

I have PR and entered Canada before I reach 2 years from date of expiry of PR card, but after 3 years of Landing.(entered in September 2014)

My wife has PR and staying with new born child (7 months) in India.

I want to apply for Dependent child and have some queries:

1. Do my wife has to be co-sponsor ?
2. Who will sign the application of Dependent (i.e Immigration forms (not sponsorship forms))
3. Do i need to show funds i have and last 12 months Salary slips of India, as currently i don't have job in Canada
4. Do I have to get medicals done before application (as mentioned in application form) for child of 7 months ?
5. Do i have to file NIL Tax return for 2013 and show it to CIC along with Indian Salary slips and IT returns ?

Please guide.

Thanks

msdaybreak

Sep 14, 2014
Hi,

1. I think the answer here is YES.
2. Your child is just 7 months I understand so you or the mother can sign for the child (a minor).
3. I am not sure if they will accept your pay slips from another country but you can show that you have enough money in your savings account here in Canada. It would really be better if you go and get a job first to be sure so you can get a certificate from your employer that you are employed and you are receiving this much.
4. I am not so sure but in my opinion this is done after they have reviewed the sponsorship application.
5. You need to file your income tax even if you did not have a job during that specific year but I am not sure if this is a good thing to show CIC because they want to make sure you have enough money to support the people you want to sponsor including yourself and that you won't be a burden to the Canadian government.

Hope this helps.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
adssaini said:
Hi,

I have PR and entered Canada before I reach 2 years from date of expiry of PR card, but after 3 years of Landing.(entered in September 2014)
Hi

The expiry date of your PR card doesn't matter. If you have been out of Canada for more than 3 years since you landed as a PR, you don't meet the residency obligation and cannot sponsor your child.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
adssaini said:
Hi,

My wife has PR and staying with new born child (7 months) in India.

I want to apply for Dependent child and have some queries:

1. Do my wife has to be co-sponsor ?
2. Who will sign the application of Dependent (i.e Immigration forms (not sponsorship forms))
3. Do i need to show funds i have and last 12 months Salary slips of India, as currently i don't have job in Canada
4. Do I have to get medicals done before application (as mentioned in application form) for child of 7 months ?
5. Do i have to file NIL Tax return for 2013 and show it to CIC along with Indian Salary slips and IT returns ?

Please guide.

Thanks
Are you in compliance with the residency obligation requirements? If not, don't attempt to sponsor or you may regret it. Wait until you meet the RO instead.

adssaini

Jun 26, 2014
Thanks experts ....but I can't wait for 2 years to get my child in... by that time my wife's PR will get expired.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
adssaini said:
Thanks experts ....but I can't wait for 2 years to get my child in... by that time my wife's PR will get expired.
You have no choice about waiting 2 years. If you apply now, CIC will realize that you don't meet the RO and therefore don't qualify to sponsor your child and the app would be rejected. CIC would then most likely begin proceedings against you to revoke your PR status and unless you have VERY strong H&C reasons for not meeting the RO, you would lose your PR status and have to leave Canada.

You need to wait until you have been in Canada for a full 2 years, at which time you can being the sponsorship process for both your wife and child.

adssaini

Jun 26, 2014
I was in India to take care of my parents, as my father had brain injury and no one was there to take care of him. Now they have moved to US and so I landed back in Canada. I hope this can be H&C reason....?

Thanks

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Looking at your previous posts, I can see that as far back as June, Leon and others advised you of when you needed to enter in order to meet the residency obligation to be able to sponsor your kid, so I've not told you anything that you didn't already know.

No one can say whether you will be successful with H&C. It's up to you whether you want to take the risk and apply or wait it out.