+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dependent child sponsorship - Impact of new rule - Please Please Help

saikatghosal

Sep 13, 2012
Leon said:
I have recently seen more than one member post that when you bring a child to Canada on a TRP, it can no longer be sponsored outland but must be sponsored inland on humane and compassionate basis. People have said, like the OP, that their applications to sponsor were returned and they were told to apply again inland on H&C basis. Whether this is a new policy, I don't know but it has happened to more than one person so it is probably not a mistake.

My advice, if immigration tells you to use another method to sponsor your child, then go ahead and do it.

saikatghosal

Sep 13, 2012
Leon said:
I have recently seen more than one member post that when you bring a child to Canada on a TRP, it can no longer be sponsored outland but must be sponsored inland on humane and compassionate basis. People have said, like the OP, that their applications to sponsor were returned and they were told to apply again inland on H&C basis. Whether this is a new policy, I don't know but it has happened to more than one person so it is probably not a mistake.

My advice, if immigration tells you to use another method to sponsor your child, then go ahead and do it.
Leon, Thank you very much. This what the letter is saying and it is suggesting use H&C route. However as per as my lawyear, this is a new rule, and he is saying it will take 12-15 Months to finish the process. my question is what is percentage of rejection for H&C Cases, considering my child is just 2 years old, and all other family member (Including me, my wife and elder son are all PR)

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
saikatghosal said:
Leon, Thank you very much. This what the letter is saying and it is suggesting use H&C route. However as per as my lawyear, this is a new rule, and he is saying it will take 12-15 Months to finish the process. my question is what is percentage of rejection for H&C Cases, considering my child is just 2 years old, and all other family member (Including me, my wife and elder son are all PR)
I don't have any statistics on that but in your case, whole family PR and you are sponsoring your dependent child, I can not see a reason why they could reject your application.

jkhan_77

Oct 29, 2013
Hi saikatghosal can you please let me know the current status of the application. As the same thing happened for my daughter's case as well. I want to renew her TRP as well since her application on H&C is still in progress.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Well I be da*ned. I never knew that you can never sponsor your very OWN CHILD within Canada. I mean this is your biological/adopted child. You can sponsor your wife/husband/parter inland but you can't with your child? The logic is beyond me. Dumbest thing I have ever heard. The CIC ought to give child same treatment as inland family sponsorship. Disgusted at CIC for this scr*w up.

Screech339

kbanatwala

Jan 17, 2014
In May 2013 Submitted my application for PR application for my Child to Mississauga Office. In June 2013 they sent the application to New Delhi. My Child is already on a TRP in Canada. Receved a letter from High Commission Canada in New Delhi on July to submit the Original Passport, Police Clearance and Right of Landing Fee. Replied back to them that my child is just 2 years old, so she is exempted from Police Clearance as well as of the Right of Landing Fee as published in their Guide to application for Sponsership. For the Original Passport submission to New Delhi in Inda, how can we do that as she is already in Canada on TRP. Send them all the photocopies for the passport with the TRP. Did not hear anything back from them. On the website application status still shows Application Received June 2013. Tried to call the Immigration Section in New Delhi, but the Call center only says to send a letter or an email and they will reply back. I have send them email waited 2 months, send them the letter waited 4 months, still no reply. Tried calling CIC in canada they say to call India or contact them via letter / email.

Is this the normal process that it takes so long. As few people were informing us that Child sponership is pretty fast and it gets done within 2-3 months.

I am worried as the status online since June 2013 is Application received.

Have any one submitted their child passport to Canadian High Commission in New Delhi when the child is in Canada on a TRP?

margobear96

Star Member
Dec 21, 2012
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP - Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 15, 2012 (rec'd)
AOR Received.
November 26, 2012
File Transfer...
November 26, 2012
Med's Done....
September 29, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
April 23, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 26, 2013 (rec'd May 2, 2013)
LANDED..........
May 4, 2013
kbanatwala said:
In May 2013 Submitted my application for PR application for my Child to Mississauga Office. In June 2013 they sent the application to New Delhi. My Child is already on a TRP in Canada. Receved a letter from High Commission Canada in New Delhi on July to submit the Original Passport, Police Clearance and Right of Landing Fee. Replied back to them that my child is just 2 years old, so she is exempted from Police Clearance as well as of the Right of Landing Fee as published in their Guide to application for Sponsership. For the Original Passport submission to New Delhi in Inda, how can we do that as she is already in Canada on TRP. Send them all the photocopies for the passport with the TRP. Did not hear anything back from them. On the website application status still shows Application Received June 2013. Tried to call the Immigration Section in New Delhi, but the Call center only says to send a letter or an email and they will reply back. I have send them email waited 2 months, send them the letter waited 4 months, still no reply. Tried calling CIC in canada they say to call India or contact them via letter / email.

Is this the normal process that it takes so long. As few people were informing us that Child sponership is pretty fast and it gets done within 2-3 months.

I am worried as the status online since June 2013 is Application received.

Have any one submitted their child passport to Canadian High Commission in New Delhi when the child is in Canada on a TRP?
Check out this thread. http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t43671.0.html

Outland child sponsorship gets done quickly (TRV or visa-exempt or baby physically outside Canada). With the TRP wrinkle, yours will go the H&C route...which took 2 years for the OP on the thread. GL

san71

Apr 29, 2014
Dear Sir,

I just have a question.I got my PR card in Canada recently.Now , as I am Iranian, I came back to Iran for short time and going to return to Canada 2 months later .As I have dependent child who is 19 years old, I want to open a sponsorship file the time I return to Canada soon.

I want to know If I need to have a job to be able to apply for sponsoring my child and how long It takes to obtain the visa for my child.In addition , Please let me know if there is anyway to bring my child via a tourist, or visiting visa to Canada with myself and apply from there for Sponsorship.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Bita

san71

Apr 29, 2014
Dear Sir/Madam,

In addition to my previous questions, I want to ask whether the age of sponsored dependent child has been changed. i 've read in some pages that The government is going to decrease the age of dependent child who is going to be sponsored , from 22 to 18 years old. Please let me know if any new rule is going to be applied.

Regards,
bita

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They had some plans to change the age to 18 or 19 but they haven't done it yet. Why did you not include your child in your PR application as accompanying? Your child would have been granted a PR visa and would now be a PR too if you had done that.

When you return to Canada, it would be smart to apply to sponsor as soon as you can. If you manage to apply before they change the age limit (if they ever do) the age of your child should be locked in and you should not be affected by a later rule change.

truesmile

Champion Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-05-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
02-02-2013
Was your child even ON your application . . . as "non-accompanying"?? If your child went undeclared on "your" application for PR, that child is now excluded from being sponsored under the Family Class.

san71

Apr 29, 2014
Thank you for your responses, as more explanation, I have mentioned my child as accompanying and he got the info letter as myself from embassy to get visa.Unfortunately , for some reasons , on that time, he could not come and receive the visa, so the application was closed and no chance to follow that as others told me .

I have other questions as well yet and I would be so grateful if anybody could response them:

1) I want to know If I need to have a job to be able to apply for sponsoring my child

2) how long It takes to obtain the visa for my child

3) In addition , Please let me know if there is anyway to bring my child via a tourist, or visiting visa to Canada with myself and apply from there for Sponsorship.

4) As I landed in Ontario, If now I want to go to another state like Alberta, Does it cause to get longer processing time for Sponsorship file(because of the time for transferring my file should be transferred to that state) ?

Thanks in advance

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
san71 said:
I have other questions as well yet and I would be so grateful if anybody could response them:

1) I want to know If I need to have a job to be able to apply for sponsoring my child

2) how long It takes to obtain the visa for my child

3) In addition , Please let me know if there is anyway to bring my child via a tourist, or visiting visa to Canada with myself and apply from there for Sponsorship.

4) As I landed in Ontario, If now I want to go to another state like Alberta, Does it cause to get longer processing time for Sponsorship file(because of the time for transferring my file should be transferred to that state) ?
1) You don't need to have a job or show a specific amount of income to sponsor a dependent child. However, you must show that you and your child will not end up on welfare so it is better if you have a job.

2) You say you are from Iran so your visa office is in Ankara. Processing time to approve sponsor is currently 34 days, see http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp and then add the processing time in Ankara: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/fc-spouses.asp#africa which is given as 14 months. However, that is the 80% of files being processed so the average processing time is shorter, around 9 months.

3) You can try to apply for a visit visa for your child but no guarantee of being approved, especially if immigration believes that your intention is not for your child to just visit. You as a PR must be in Canada in order to file for sponsorship of your child. Your child being in Canada does however not change the fact that the application will be processed in Ankara so even if you do get a visit visa for him, he will be sitting in Canada doing nothing until he gets his PR. Of course you could apply for a study permit for him if he gets accepted to a college or some study program but the tuition for an international student is much higher than for a PR.

4) Your sponsorship file for your child is not in any way tied to the province you live in so there should be no delays as long as you update your address. The only exception being if you move to Quebec because they have their own immigration department and would need to approve your child's immigration at their office before the federal approval could go ahead.

san71

Apr 29, 2014
Dear Leon,

Many thanks for your complete answers.just a question remained, how much should be the least income to be able to open sponsorship file?

Best Regards,

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
san71 said:
Dear Leon,

Many thanks for your complete answers.just a question remained, how much should be the least income to be able to open sponsorship file?

Best Regards,
As I said, there is no specific income requirement. However, immigration should not think will end up on welfare.