+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dependent Child Sponsorship Application

zainabfis

Aug 6, 2014
Dear Experts on this forum,
As shared my husband has filed my daughter's sponsorship application in February 2019. It has been received by CIC on 15th February 2019. The online status shows the application is being processed.
The status "in process" is being shown for the last 3 months. I have not been contacted by anybody from CIC for any additional documents etc.
Any idea what may happen next?
Any idea about how much time on the average it takes for an application to process and reach a decision?
The processing time written on the website says 12 months.Does the processing time begin from the day I received the acknowledgement (I got acknowledgement email on 23rd March) or from the day CIC received the application i.e. 15th February 2019?
Also, what is the difference between 'in process' and 'in progress'?
Is something wrong with my application, as there has been no change in status ever since. I fear my file is safe. My file went missing the last time my husband applied for our daughter's sponsorship.

Light89

Mar 3, 2017
Hello, we have a similar case and would like to ask you one question if you don't mind.

Since you are able to track your application online; Did you submit your documents hard copies sent by mail? or you submitted an online application?

We submitted the documents hard copies sent by Canada post since April 11 and till today we didn't receive any confirmation from CIC nor are we able to link the application to our online account.

zainabfis

Aug 6, 2014
Hello, we have a similar case and would like to ask you one question if you don't mind.

Since you are able to track your application online; Did you submit your documents hard copies sent by mail? or you submitted an online application?

We submitted the documents hard copies sent by Canada post since April 11 and till today we didn't receive any confirmation from CIC nor are we able to link the application to our online account.
I submitted my application through post and sent hard copies. After 1 month and 1 week we received acknowledgement from CIC through email. It had a UCI and an Application no. which i used to link my application to my online account.

Light89

Mar 3, 2017
I submitted my application through post and sent hard copies. After 1 month and 1 week we received acknowledgement from CIC through email. It had a UCI and an Application no. which i used to link my application to my online account.
Thank you for the clarification, hope we get our confirmation soon.

zainabfis

Aug 6, 2014
Received Medical email on 24th September
Medical Exam done on 2nd October 2019
Medical Exam passed status updated 5th October 2019
PPR waiting
hope to hear from CIC soon now.

Yemmy123f

Oct 13, 2019
Hello, am a single mum, and I just got married ND my husband applied for my son and I , want to find out since am the app

codepink

Star Member
Oct 18, 2019
Hello, I am new on this forum. MY POST WOULD BE LONG, BUT HOPING TO FIND SOME GUIDANCE.

My mom came to Canada first and then became citizen. Years later, she was able to bring me and my Dad and we are now all Citizens. When me and Dad were still in the Philippines, (while mom was working in Canada), my dad made the biggest mistake of his life. He had a one night stand to a lady and they had a child which is my half sister. My half sister is now 8 years old and still in the Philippines. But ever since she was born, it was me and my dad who took care of her because her mom doesn't have a financial capability to sustain her. Her mom never cares about her. In fact her mom has now her own family. My Dad didn't declare my half sister when we first arrived to Canada because of the fear the he might lose his PR.

To make the story short, Canada has a new Pilot Project for Undeclared Child. My dad would like to sponsor my half sister so we can all be together here. We have already contact the Lady and she agrees about sponsorship. She is okay to bring my half sister here in Canada to have a good future, she said she will sign all the documents needed. In fact, we are half way through the papers. What we have is the following:

1) IMM5604 DECLARATION OF NON ACCOMPANYING PARENT/GUARDIAN
2) Affidavit of Custody
3) Affidavit of Consent to Travel

All of those documents were signed by her mother and Notarized. All Immigration forms needed to be sign by her mother were all signed too.

My question is, Would that be good enough as documents proving that her Mother has no objections on bringing my half sister here in Canada? Would that Affidavit of Custody enough or is FULL LEGAL CUSTODY FROM COURT needed?

Any same case as ours? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

codepink

Star Member
Oct 18, 2019
Does a 9 yr old need to give biometrics?
What are the fees that needs to be paid? Im kinda confuse right now, do we need to pay the right for permanent residence fee?

hmBadz

Star Member
Oct 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
15-02-2017
File Transfer...
27-02-2017
Med's Request
Upfront - Passed
Med's Done....
05-11-2016 - Passed
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
06-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Hopefully soon
LANDED..........
23-09-2017
Hello everyone,

I am filling the form IMM 5475e (Authority to release personal information to a designated individual) right now on behalf of my son. I am wondering if I could use my husband (my son's stepdad) as his designated individuals.

Thanks

codepink

Star Member
Oct 18, 2019
FORM IMM 1344-
"IN THE FIVE YEARS PRECEDING THIS APPLICATION, DID YOU BECOME PERMANENT RESIDENT AFTER BEING SPONSORED AS SPOUSE?"

I came to Canada and became PR in 2012 through Spousal Sponsorship. It's been 7 years. Is the answer YES or NO to this one?
If Yes, I am not eligible to sponsor my daughter.

Please answer.

rvche

Jul 19, 2016
i am preparing to send my sponsorship app for my child born in india, did you submit a letter of sponsorship with your application, if so can you share a sample of the sponsorship letter for a dependent child

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
i am preparing to send my sponsorship app for my child born in india, did you submit a letter of sponsorship with your application, if so can you share a sample of the sponsorship letter for a dependent child
Follow the checklist. If a letter was required, it would be stated.