+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dependent child Sponsoring while still under the 03 year undertaking period

Oct 11, 2015
my daughter got pregnant while the PR app was on process and got approved. I made the decision to not inform CIC of any changes and she landed in Canada on Aug 16, 2016 while she was 6 months pregnant and CBSA did not noticed anything. For some reasons that is too long and personal to explain she wants to go back to our home country after delivery the baby (with her son) to finish her university education (she need 02 semester to finalize). My question is: does she can apply to be a sponsor to bring the father of the baby while she is still under my wife sponsorship 03 years undertaken agreement? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
Is she married or in a common-law relationship with the father of the child? If no, then she cannot sponsor him. As a PR, she must be residing in Canada to sponsor him.
She can sponsor him. The bar applies to sponsored spouses.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
robertbenavides said:
my daughter got pregnant while the PR app was on process and got approved. I made the decision to not inform CIC of any changes and she landed in Canada on Aug 16, 2016 while she was 6 months pregnant and CBSA did not noticed anything.
You didn't need to inform CIC, so you did the right thing. You would have only needed to inform them if she actually delivered baby before PR was approved. Even if CIC/CBSA "noticed" she was pregnant upon landing, they wouldn't have done anything anyways since it's not an issue.

For some reasons that is too long and personal to explain she wants to go back to our home country after delivery the baby (with her son) to finish her university education (she need 02 semester to finalize). My question is: does she can apply to be a sponsor to bring the father of the baby while she is still under my wife sponsorship 03 years undertaken agreement? Any advice is greatly appreciated.
As mentioned above your daughter can sponsor her partner (father of child) ONLY once they are officially married or common-law (having lived together 12 continuous months at same address)

Your daughter can sponsor her child for PR, but there are some difficulties here.
As a PR, she must be living in Canada to submit the PR app, and during it's processing (up to around 1 year). During this time she would only be able to leave Canada for short/temporary vacations.
Peru citizens require a TRV to come to Canada, so both her child and partner would need to be approved for TRV in order to come to Canada during the sponsorship process. If child's TRV is refused, can also try a TRP (on H&C grounds).

If TRV/TRP are refused, then your daughter would need to return to Canada to sponsor child, but child would need to stay in Peru. Obviously this would be a very difficult situation, so you need to really hope TRV or TRP is approved for child to come to Canada as visitor with your daughter during the process.

Oct 11, 2015
Rob_TO said:
You didn't need to inform CIC, so you did the right thing. You would have only needed to inform them if she actually delivered baby before PR was approved. Even if CIC/CBSA "noticed" she was pregnant upon landing, they wouldn't have done anything anyways since it's not an issue.

As mentioned above your daughter can sponsor her partner (father of child) ONLY once they are officially married or common-law (having lived together 12 continuous months at same address)

Your daughter can sponsor her child for PR, but there are some difficulties here.
As a PR, she must be living in Canada to submit the PR app, and during it's processing (up to around 1 year). During this time she would only be able to leave Canada for short/temporary vacations.
Peru citizens require a TRV to come to Canada, so both her child and partner would need to be approved for TRV in order to come to Canada during the sponsorship process. If child's TRV is refused, can also try a TRP (on H&C grounds).

If TRV/TRP are refused, then your daughter would need to return to Canada to sponsor child, but child would need to stay in Peru. Obviously this would be a very difficult situation, so you need to really hope TRV or TRP is approved for child to come to Canada as visitor with your daughter during the process.
There is not problem for the child since he will born in Canada. I just wanted to be sure if she can sponsor her boyfriend (of course after meeting all requirements) while she is still under the 03 years undertaken agreement

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
robertbenavides said:
There is not problem for the child since he will born in Canada. I just wanted to be sure if she can sponsor her boyfriend (of course after meeting all requirements) while she is still under the 03 years undertaken agreement
Ahh in that case of course there's no problem with baby.

For boyfriend the situation is the same though. She can't sponsor him until married or officially common-law. And she must be living in Canada to sponsor him, she can't apply while outside Canada.

She can sponsor him anytime after married/common-law. 3 year undertaking from her own PR app is not relevant.

BellaSnow

Nov 24, 2017
my daughter got pregnant while the PR app was on process and got approved. I made the decision to not inform CIC of any changes and she landed in Canada on Aug 16, 2016 while she was 6 months pregnant and CBSA did not noticed anything. For some reasons that is too long and personal to explain she wants to go back to our home country after delivery the baby (with her son) to finish her university education (she need 02 semester to finalize). My question is: does she can apply to be a sponsor to bring the father of the baby while she is still under my wife sponsorship 03 years undertaken agreement? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

hi,are u from toronto? same situation here. im worried about my delivery if i didnt get my health insurance yet before i give birth.