IELTS Request
-
Passport Req..
15.Feb.2016. PPR submit: 25.02.2016
VISA ISSUED...
10.Mar.2016
LANDED..........
21.Mar.2016
Any thoughts about my case: I applied PR (family sponsorship) for my dependent children (twin girl babies) in the month of August 2018. any thoughts of AoR? do they usually send it by email? thanks for your valuable time.

how to link the application also online?

samirtaneja

Star Member
Jul 1, 2015
hello friends

As some of you might be aware that canada post strike is going on and taking many days to deliver the packages
so need to know that can i send my kids sponsorship file through fedex or courier service as on cic website the address mentioned
are different if the package send through mail and if sending by courier then there is different address.

I think mail means canada post and courier any courier service . IS IT CORRECT?

and one more thing while paying the fees online, its mentioned that we should have the printer to take the print out of the receipt
but i dont have the printer and need to take the print from outside. so would like to know when we pay the fees , will there be any option to save the receipt and take print out after some time or any way we will receive the receipt in my email.

Can we use the stapler to staple some papers together like pages of the form or if there 5-6 pages of some docs or stapling is not allowed.

Thanks & regards
Samir Taneja

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
courier = DHL. FedEx. UPS, etc

you could save screenshot of the payment page, print a copy of the receipt you will receive payment.....print

Don't staple your documents....arrange them and follow the checklist.

The order of documents should be as follows:
  • checklist;
  • open work permit application (and supporting documents), if applicable;
  • any barcode pages;
  • supporting documents, in the order they are listed on the checklist.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
hello friends

As some of you might be aware that canada post strike is going on and taking many days to deliver the packages
so need to know that can i send my kids sponsorship file through fedex or courier service as on cic website the address mentioned
are different if the package send through mail and if sending by courier then there is different address.

I think mail means canada post and courier any courier service . IS IT CORRECT?

and one more thing while paying the fees online, its mentioned that we should have the printer to take the print out of the receipt
but i dont have the printer and need to take the print from outside. so would like to know when we pay the fees , will there be any option to save the receipt and take print out after some time or any way we will receive the receipt in my email.

Can we use the stapler to staple some papers together like pages of the form or if there 5-6 pages of some docs or stapling is not allowed.

Thanks & regards
Samir Taneja
As already stated, do NOT use staples. They are a safety concern as they all have to be removed anyway when your application is prepared for IRCC’s processing. Use paperclips if you must link pages as they are easy to remove.

samirtaneja

Star Member
Jul 1, 2015
courier = DHL. FedEx. UPS, etc

you could save screenshot of the payment page, print a copy of the receipt you will receive payment.....print

Don't staple your documents....arrange them and follow the checklist.

The order of documents should be as follows:
  • checklist;
  • open work permit application (and supporting documents), if applicable;
  • any barcode pages;
  • supporting documents, in the order they are listed on the checklist.

Thanks for the reply

Which one is better dhl or fedex.

And i have prepare 2 separate files for my twin daughters so i need to send both files separately or should i put 2 fles in 2 separate envelope but send them in one courier so that cic know that both r twin sister and processed together. I have paid 300 cad in one receipt.

Thanks

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thanks for the reply

Which one is better dhl or fedex.

And i have prepare 2 separate files for my twin daughters so i need to send both files separately or should i put 2 fles in 2 separate envelope but send them in one courier so that cic know that both r twin sister and processed together. I have paid 300 cad in one receipt.

Thanks
Send them together and they will be processed together.

samirtaneja

Star Member
Jul 1, 2015
Hello friends

I have submitted the application for sponsorship of my twins daughters on Nov 14th 2018. Do you have any idea when i will get any confirmation or AOR. How much time it will take to approve the application for me as a sponsor.

As I need to go to INDIA in feb 1st week for a month for my father knees surgery so is it okk or will it affect the application .

Is there any way to inform cic or should i inform them that due to medical emergency i need to go but i will come back in a month.
I can show the return ticket for canada.

Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
expect AOR around 8 to 12 weeks

sponsor approval varies and likely within 4 months

your trip to India does not have any effect your sponsorship.....but ensure you keep is short so it does not look you have become a non resident.

no need to inform IRCC but keep the trip short to avoid any misunderstanding.
Disagree. Is your husband a PR and is remaining in Canada? 1 month is too long to be out of Canada when sponsoring your child for PR. Some sponsorships take 4 months but that is very fast. Think the average is between 6-10 months.

Surexistence

Dec 17, 2018
Please what is the status of your application?
Any thoughts about my case: I applied PR (family sponsorship) for my dependent children (twin girl babies) in the month of August 2018. any thoughts of AoR? do they usually send it by email? thanks for your valuable time.

how to link the application also online?

samirtaneja

Star Member
Jul 1, 2015
Hello guys.

I hope you all are doing well and waiting for the next step in respective applications.

Kids sponsorship application timeline:
Application send - Nov 14th 2018.
Received - Nov 20th 2018
AOR - Jan 20th 2019
Sponsor approval - Feb 7th 2019
Medical request - Feb 8th 2019
File send to Local VO - Feb 14th 2019
Medical Passed
Processing starts at VO - Feb 19th 2019

No Info after that or no communication

I would like to know that the processing time of 8-9 months counts from the day CIC receive the application or from AOR date.
When should i expect the request of submitting the passports as my wife has to come in june, otherwise she won't be able to complete 2 yrs in canada to get her PR renew

Should i apply for visitor visa for my kids so that they can come here if we will not get any update till april end.

Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello guys.

I hope you all are doing well and waiting for the next step in respective applications.

Kids sponsorship application timeline:
Application send - Nov 14th 2018.
Received - Nov 20th 2018
AOR - Jan 20th 2019
Sponsor approval - Feb 7th 2019
Medical request - Feb 8th 2019
File send to Local VO - Feb 14th 2019
Medical Passed
Processing starts at VO - Feb 19th 2019

No Info after that or no communication

I would like to know that the processing time of 8-9 months counts from the day CIC receive the application or from AOR date.
When should i expect the request of submitting the passports as my wife has to come in june, otherwise she won't be able to complete 2 yrs in canada to get her PR renew

Should i apply for visitor visa for my kids so that they can come here if we will not get any update till april end.

Thanks
Yes you should try but a TRV is not guaranteed because they are not actually visitors. You can then try TRV. You don't have a lot of flexibility in your plan and you didn't account for enough time for the 6-10 months for child sponsorship.

For others who may be reading this please pad your schedule with months of extra time. RO is only 2 years it is not demanding too much.

samirtaneja

Star Member
Jul 1, 2015
Thanks canuck

but as the file is already in progress and cic know that our intention is not wrong and kids need both parents attention and support. We will follow the rules of visitor visa and i will mention the details of PR application. So still there are less chances of getting visitor visa.

How much time it will take after file transfer to NDVO and medical passed as status showing no background check required and no additional documents required.

Processing time counts from file received date or AOR date?
file transferred to NDVO on 19th feb

Yes you should try but a TRV is not guaranteed because they are not actually visitors. You can then try TRV. You don't have a lot of flexibility in your plan and you didn't account for enough time for the 6-10 months for child sponsorship.

For others who may be reading this please pad your schedule with months of extra time. RO is only 2 years it is not demanding too much.