+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DEPENDENT CHILD GOT PREGNANT WHILE PR IS IN PROCESS

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
There is insurances for pregnant immigrants. It will cost more than usual one but not $10 000.
You can buy health insurance that covers pregnancy before you get pregnant. Insurance companies are out to make money they won't charge you less knowing they will have to pay for the delivery.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
hi im 6 mos. pregnant once i will land in canada next month. OHIP will release on march (3mos. upon applying for health insurance) and march is my duedate. if i give birth amd ohip is not yet on my hand. what should i do? ty
You will have to pay for the delivery. Are you arriving as a visitor or a PR? The baby will be covered if you are a PR. If you are a visitor you will have to pay for any expenses for the baby as well.

BellaSnow

Nov 24, 2017
You can buy health insurance that covers pregnancy before you get pregnant. Insurance companies are out to make money they won't charge you less knowing they will have to pay for the delivery.

im already pregnant 6 months next month. not sure if i will get my OHIP before i give birth on march. thats why im worried. we dont have $10,000 for the hospital bill

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
There is insurances for pregnant immigrants. It will cost more than usual one but not $10 000.
There is no such thing as insurance for pregnant immigrants.

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
March 27, 2017, July 10, 2017
AOR Received.
AOR 1:March 17 2017 AOR 2: May 10, 2017
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018
what are the options rob?
i think that you need to research what your options are and research various insurance companies and their policies for people who are already pregnant and dont have ohip... also search what it costs uninsured to have a baby in ontario...

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
i think that you need to research what your options are and research various insurance companies and their policies for people who are already pregnant and dont have ohip... also search what it costs uninsured to have a baby in ontario...
There is no such thing as insurance for people already pregnant, since it's an obvious pre-existing condition. Some policies may just cover unexpected emergencies related to a pregnancy, but all will cut off completely well before the due date, and will not cover any expected costs (like routine ultrasounds or delivery related procedures).

what are the options rob?
Your options are limited:
1 - Prepare to pay entire cost of pregnancy/delivery on your own. If you did a traditional birth in a hospital, I would budget at least $10,000 to be safe. If you required c-section or other complications arose, this amount could increase a lot. Most hospitals make you pay some set fee upfront, and then give you final bill at the end. You can usually negotiate payment schedule with the hospital to pay it off over several years f you can't pay the whole thing at once.
2 - Try to find a midwife office close to where you'll be living, that is accepting patients. In Ontario midwives can offer their services free even to those with no OHIP. So if you did a home birth with no complications, it could be a free delivery and follow-up care. However midwives are in very high demand, so it may be difficult or impossible to find one available for your due date. Typically one secures a midwife as soon as they get pregnant.
3 - I've heard of some community help centres offering support and services for new immigrants or those without OHIP. I don't have any experience or info on this though.
4 - Deliver child in your home country, then arrange to get their PR status afterwards.

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
March 27, 2017, July 10, 2017
AOR Received.
AOR 1:March 17 2017 AOR 2: May 10, 2017
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018
There is no such thing as insurance for people already pregnant, since it's an obvious pre-existing condition. Some policies may just cover unexpected emergencies related to a pregnancy, but all will cut off completely well before the due date, and will not cover any expected costs (like routine ultrasounds or delivery related procedures).

i get this -- which is why im suggesting she do her OWN research to find this out... clearly its not being understood when being told to her... that was all.

BellaSnow

Nov 24, 2017
My case is pretty similar, my daughter got pregnant while the PR app was on process and got approved. I made the decision to not inform CIC of any changes and she landed in Canada on Aug 16, 2016 while she was 6 months pregnant and CBSA did not noticed anything. For some reasons that is too long and personal to explain she wants to go back to our home country after delivery the baby (with her son) to finish her university education (she need 02 semester to finalize). My question is: does she can apply to be a sponsor to bring the father of the baby while she is still under my wife sponsorship 03 years undertaken agreement? Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Hi sir, your daughter land in canada when she was 6mos. Did she deliver in hospital or with a midwife? Hope to hear more from u. Same situation here. How much cost u spent?

BellaSnow

Nov 24, 2017
Hi Everyone,

I'm posting to keep you abreast of what has transpired in our application after we have declared that our dependent child got pregnant. After being so patient about the unsolicited delay in our application, i hope and pray that the waiting game will end soonest. Belatedly, we got the sponsorship approval with my grandson added in the application. Below was our journey, hope this would help others with the same circumstances. We're a June 2015 applicant.

March 15, 2016 - informed CIC re change of circumstances (Dependent Child’s pregnancy)
March 16, 2016 - CEM emailed requiring additional documents (all documents to be submitted after maternal delivery)
April 10, 2016 – Change record of home address in Canada
April 19, 2016 – Applied Temporary Resident Visa
April 27, 2016 – Approved Multiple Entry TRV valid until 2020
June 16, 2016 – Utilized TRV and landed Canada for a 3weeks visit
June 23, 2016 – Expired medicals
August 7, 2016 - Birth of grandson
August 16, 2016 - Sent inquiry to CIC re additional documents of sponsorship to include dependent of a dependent child (grandson)
August 19, 2016 – Sent additional documents of dependents to CEM by email
August 22, 2016 – Original copies of additional documents of dependent/Sent to CEM via Courier
August 23, 2016 – Original copies acknowledged receipt of CEM thru Courier
August 25, 2016 – CEM email information for Re-medicals
August 26, 2016 – CIC email reply re “Add-On” documents to amend Family Sponsorship
August 30, 2016 – Submitted original “Add-On” documents to CIC thru Canada Post
Sept 2, 2016 - Original copies of “Add-on” documents acknowledged receipt of CIC thru Canada Post
Sept. 8, 2016 - CIC email re approved sponsorship of Tommy. ECAS Sponsorship status changed to Decision Made
Sept 9, 2016 - Re-medicals done at St. Lukes Medical Clinic Extension Office
Sept 13, 2016 – Sent by email re-medical receipts to CEM
Sept. 15, 2016 – TCT with NSO authenticated Birth Certificate of grandson received
Sept. 16, 2016 – Passport application of grandson
Sept. 27, 2016 – Schedule of Release of grandson’s Passport

Hoping to hear from our visa office soonest.

God bless us all!

Two Dogs

Hi maam what happened to your application now? Update please. Thanks
Are u already in canada?