Hopefully Waived
Passport Req..
In God's perfect time
VISA ISSUED...
In God's perfect time
LANDED..........
In God's perfect time
robertbenavides said:
My case is pretty similar, my daughter got pregnant while the PR app was on process and got approved. I made the decision to not inform CIC of any changes and she landed in Canada on Aug 16, 2016 while she was 6 months pregnant and CBSA did not noticed anything. For some reasons that is too long and personal to explain she wants to go back to our home country after delivery the baby (with her son) to finish her university education (she need 02 semester to finalize). My question is: does she can apply to be a sponsor to bring the father of the baby while she is still under my wife sponsorship 03 years undertaken agreement? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

When we reported the change of circumstances of our daughter to CIC, she was required to provide a written explanation regarding the identity, whereabouts and status of relationship (past and present) with the biological father of her child. Therefore CIC had on file the father's information. However, she remained to be our dependent and continued to be single, unmarried.

Oct 11, 2015
canadianwoman said:
She can sponsor the father of the baby if she is 18 or older. Note that they will either have to get married or live together for 12 continuous months to qualify as common-law before she can sponsor him.

Since she is a PR, she has to be in Canada to sponsor the father. She can marry him or live with him for a year, then move back to Canada and start the sponsorship process.

Did she live with the father of the baby for 12 continuous months before she came to Canada? If she did, then they were common-law then, and she was not eligible to be included on her parent's application in the first place. (And so would not be able to sponsor the father.)
Her application begin on May 2014 and at that time she was not having any relationship, I just found out this year about the pregnancy and the relationship, (nowadays teenagers are doing things their own way). She is with me and my wife here in Canada and the baby delivery date is nov 2016. So I guess the answer is: that she can sponsor her boyfriend but she has to be in Canada to do this? (even if she is still under the 03 years undertaken period?

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Yes, she can sponsor her boyfriend before the 3-year sponsorship period is up. That sponsorship bar is for people who were sponsored as a spouse or common-law or conjugal partner - they cannot sponsor a new spouse or partner for 5 years after landing as a PR.

Your daughter can sponsor, but she has to be in Canada to do so because she is still a PR. But she can leave Canada for a time if she wants to go to school back home, or for whatever reason. She just has to meet the residency requirement to keep her PR, which is to stay 2 years out of every 5 in Canada.

She can only sponsor her boyfriend after they get married, or after they live together for 12 continuous months. So she could go back home for a year, live with him, then move back to Canada to sponsor him. Or she could marry him, in which case she could sponsor him right away.

BellaSnow

Nov 24, 2017
My case is pretty similar, my daughter got pregnant while the PR app was on process and got approved. I made the decision to not inform CIC of any changes and she landed in Canada on Aug 16, 2016 while she was 6 months pregnant and CBSA did not noticed anything. For some reasons that is too long and personal to explain she wants to go back to our home country after delivery the baby (with her son) to finish her university education (she need 02 semester to finalize). My question is: does she can apply to be a sponsor to bring the father of the baby while she is still under my wife sponsorship 03 years undertaken agreement? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Hi im with the same situation. Did she get the health insurance before the delivery date? Im 5 mos. Pregnant and will landed in canada on dec 2017. Wondering if how will i deliver the baby if no insurance. Im afraid if cic knows about my pregnancy . Pls help

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Hi im with the same situation. Did she get the health insurance before the delivery date? Im 5 mos. Pregnant and will landed in canada on dec 2017. Wondering if how will i deliver the baby if no insurance. Im afraid if cic knows about my pregnancy . Pls help
It depends what province you'll be living in. Some provinces (like Alberta) offer healthcare immediately.

Other provinces (like Ontario) require a 3-month wait. So all your pregnancy and delivery related costs during first 3 months, you'll need to pay out of pocket. I would budget at least $10,000 for this, but this amount could be much more in case of complications or surgery (c-section) required.
You could also try finding a midwife who can offer some free services including possible uncomplicated delivery, however they are in high demand so may not be able to find an available one.

It doesn't matter if CIC knows about pregnancy or not. They really only care if baby is born before landing as a PR.

Reactions: avatarkyoshi

BellaSnow

Nov 24, 2017
It depends what province you'll be living in. Some provinces (like Alberta) offer healthcare immediately.

Other provinces (like Ontario) require a 3-month wait. So all your pregnancy and delivery related costs during first 3 months, you'll need to pay out of pocket. I would budget at least $10,000 for this, but this amount could be much more in case of complications or surgery (c-section) required.
You could also try finding a midwife who can offer some free services including possible uncomplicated delivery, however they are in high demand so may not be able to find an available one.

It doesn't matter if CIC knows about pregnancy or not. They really only care if baby is born before landing as a PR.
Tha ks

Thanks rob, what about in the airport immigration, what if they notice my baby bump?

Should i say yes im pregnant and i declared it or they will not care if im preggy or not. Im afraid if they notice it.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Tha ks

Thanks rob, what about in the airport immigration, what if they notice my baby bump?

Should i say yes im pregnant and i declared it or they will not care if im preggy or not. Im afraid if they notice it.
As I said, it does not matter if you're pregnant or not. It is irrelevant to your PR landing, CBSA will not care at all.

Just worry about details of your pregnancy care and delivery once you arrive in Canada.

BellaSnow

Nov 24, 2017
As I said, it does not matter if you're pregnant or not. It is irrelevant to your PR landing, CBSA will not care at all.

Just worry about details of your pregnancy care and delivery once you arrive in Canada.

HI ROB THANKS FOR THE INFO. i have another concern, my friends who are already in canada told me that there will be medical test once we arrived in canada. we had 6 mos. treatment wayback 2014 here in my country for PTB. im pregnant and decided not to declare the pregnancy what if in our medical once we arrive in canada detect my pregnancy. pls. help im really worried.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
HI ROB THANKS FOR THE INFO. i have another concern, my friends who are already in canada told me that there will be medical test once we arrived in canada. we had 6 mos. treatment wayback 2014 here in my country for PTB. im pregnant and decided not to declare the pregnancy what if in our medical once we arrive in canada detect my pregnancy. pls. help im really worried.
I'll repeat for the 3rd time, for immigration purposes it does not matter if you're pregnant when you land as a PR. They only care if you actually give birth before landing.

Medicals in Canada after landing as PR are not typically required, unless you have some special requirement for continued observation on your medical file.

Reactions: kcward7 and scylla

BellaSnow

Nov 24, 2017
I'll repeat for the 3rd time, for immigration purposes it does not matter if you're pregnant when you land as a PR. They only care if you actually give birth before landing.

Medicals in Canada after landing as PR are not typically required, unless you have some special requirement for continued observation on your medical file.

that's the point rob,we need to undergo and continued observation for our medical file. (under surveillance ) once we arrived in canada due to medical history before. if they found out im pregnant now and didnt declared it from the start it will be misrepresentation right? what will happen to us?

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
that's the point rob,we need to undergo and continued observation for our medical file. (under surveillance ) once we arrived in canada due to medical history before. if they found out im pregnant now and didnt declared it from the start it will be misrepresentation right? what will happen to us?
The surveillance has nothing to do with pregnancy, it's to do with some completely different and unrelated medical condition.

I don't know how many times I can say that being pregnant is completely irrelevant to your PR application, before you accept it!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You are only under surveillance so you don't spread TB (or any other communicable disease) to Canadians. That's all the public health department will be concerned about.

Reactions: avatarkyoshi

BellaSnow

Nov 24, 2017
There is insurances for pregnant immigrants. It will cost more than usual one but not $10 000.

hi im 6 mos. pregnant once i will land in canada next month. OHIP will release on march (3mos. upon applying for health insurance) and march is my duedate. if i give birth amd ohip is not yet on my hand. what should i do? ty