+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dependant visa rejection - Work Permit

pravinkumari

Aug 16, 2009
Hi,

My son and my dependant visa got rejected twice now, my husband holds work permit and is valid till June next year.

The reason given is Potential immigrant. Any suggestions as why a dependant gets declared as Potential immigrant.

Thank you.

accreddy

Star Member
May 20, 2009
Your husband who is working temporarily is considered a potential immigrant in the near future.

CIC might have assumed that you applied for temporary visa but might prolong your stay once in Canada. I might be wrong.

pravinkumari

Aug 16, 2009
Im just trying to clarify. here is the full story, he is a Project Manager and went in a business visa for some project coordination. His work got prolonged so the company decided to do a WP. He left in Jan to Canada by June he got a WP which is valid till a year.

Now that i know he is going to stay for long i wanted to join him to live bk as a family. my question is why did CIC approve his WP. how can a dependant be a potential immigrant and not the primary.

accreddy

Star Member
May 20, 2009
CIC might have approved his work permit since he had family back home and would have assumed that after his work permit expiry he would return back.

But in your case it is not like that, there are no strong ties for you to return back.

vivenhs

Nov 27, 2008
Hi,

If he is in skilled job - Project Manager. He can bring his family. Can Seniors share their expertise on this case?

vivenhs