+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

departure order and implications

phantom85

Jun 13, 2011
Yesterday i got the borders agency's decision to issue me a departure order because of inability to fulfill the 730 days requirement in 5 years PR period.

My wife and 3 kids are staying here and they're in good stand for the PR renewal process. i've tried to showcase the need to sustain my PR to allow for family reunion but they rejected this from humanitarian and compassionate grounds that i was betting on.

the following are my concerns that i wish if anybody can provide advices on :
1. Would that affect me getting a visit visa to canada to visit my family ? have anybody been in such scenario before?
2. What should i do to close active gov relations like CRA and MSI and other institutions ..?
3. Would they question my family for their income knowing that their income give the above scenario will be totally dependent on me who is not a Canadian citizen or PR .. ie. Tax impact on this case?
4. The officer told me i can appeal for the case in 37 days.. do you think there is a chance going that way?

Further questions regarding my family's case:
5. Can my family leave canada after completing 1095 days and applying for citizenship?
6. When they can leave exactly after applying (do they need to receive confirmation from CIC on application acceptance before leaving)?
7. They will get a renewed PR before they canada .. but i can somebody confirm -from his/her experience- that leaving after the citizenship application would affect them in anyway getting the citizenship (ie. they can delay their case, they can reject it and require them to stay in canada..etc)?

I'm so grateful to all who can help and support :)
Thanks,

vibez_well

Mar 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ, HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
AOR Received.
Jul 2011
phantom85 said:
Yesterday i got the borders agency's decision to issue me a departure order because of inability to fulfill the 730 days requirement in 5 years PR period.

My wife and 3 kids are staying here and they're in good stand for the PR renewal process. i've tried to showcase the need to sustain my PR to allow for family reunion but they rejected this from humanitarian and compassionate grounds that i was betting on.

the following are my concerns that i wish if anybody can provide advices on :
1. Would that affect me getting a visit visa to canada to visit my family ? have anybody been in such scenario before?
so sorry to hear about this development. if you are losing your PR status, then a visit visa (TRV) is difficult to get. This could be rejected on grounds that, if you are admitted to canada, the chances of you returning back to your home country is less. One of the requirements to get a TRV is how you prove that you're gonna return to your home country after your temp stay.

in your case, proving this could be tough since ur family is in Canada. :(

this is based on what i know, i cud be way off the mark too. All the best !

phantom85

Jun 13, 2011
Thanks Vibez for the info..

Could you please advice me as well about how to close standing government connections (CRA and Immigration in particular)?

vibez_well

Mar 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ, HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
AOR Received.
Jul 2011
phantom85 said:
Could you please advice me as well about how to close standing government connections (CRA and Immigration in particular)?
I'm so sorry, i've no clue about those. :(

devilhimselff

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2005
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yep...
I will advise you to discuss with some good lawyer. This is a very important matter, you should not rely on the hotchpotch advises on the forums. Best of luck,

asyousuf

Champion Member
Jan 7, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
April 2011
i agree with devilhimselff. Friend of mine had same issue. He went back to Canada about a month before expiry of PR and had not completed 730 days in last five years. Now a days his case is with lawyer and he is eligible to continue in Canada unless decision made. During my visit, this issue was discussed and bottom line was that there are ways to renew PRC even not finished the legal tenure.

gud luk

asyousuf

phantom85

Jun 13, 2011
I think what your friend who kept his PR even without fulfilling 730 days residency requirement, either appealed his case and in this case he will be given a temporary PR for 1 year until the hearing, or he was allowed to keep and renew his PR based on humanitarian and compassionate grounds. Or he is a refugee!

Anyhow, i welcome your advice and await the lawyer contact info .. please note that my appeal period is over and i signed the departure order where i seen no value of going that way -being honest to myself and to them-.
So what i care about now are as follows:
1. Closing relationships with gov entities (especially CRA and Immigration) : How this can be done?
2. Getting a visit visa to keep seeing my family (hope this departure order will have no adverse effect on getting the visit visa)

Thanks again