+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dentist-3113

SES38

Dec 3, 2011
I have also obtained all forms and documents list which earlier named institution need but still waiting for any progress from CIO. Do you have any answer from college? Good luck anyway!

Dr.Hasib

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Toronto,ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21 Jan 2012
SES38 said:
I have also obtained all forms and documents list which earlier named institution need but still waiting for any progress from CIO. Do you have any answer from college? Good luck anyway!
well, to get some benifits you must apply to college after getting your PR otherwise you will be considered as International student

Dr.Hasib

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Toronto,ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21 Jan 2012
you don't need to provide anything to your new delhi visa office right now.
later you will be requested to submit your medical exam report and your passport to your visa office.
hellomeitis said:
Thanks Dr. Hasib for the reply, the email states:

Based on a review of the information you have provided, your application has received a positive final determination of eligibility for processing on the basis of work experience in an occupation specified in the Instructions issued by the Minister of Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism and published in the Canada Gazette on June 25, 2011.

Your application will be forwarded to a visa office for further processing.

So, do I need to provide anything after PER and how to determine visa office (Indian citizen residing in India), could you please shed some light.

Thanks in advance.

toothfairy

Star Member
Apr 14, 2011
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1-4-2011
AOR Received.
16-5-2011
File Transfer...
17-6-2011 then In Process on 24-8-2011
Med's Request
5-9-2011
Med's Done....
October 6,2011, Medical results received appear on ecas- Nov.16,2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
November 22,11... Decision Made- November 25,11
Dr.Hasib said:
According to Ontario immigration website:

"In Ontario, dental hygiene is considered a separate and distinct health profession from dentistry. If you are a dentist and are interested in dental hygiene as an alternative, please contact an educational institute which offers an approved program in dental hygiene. There is a listing of approved institutions at the end of this document".
http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/working/OI_HOW_WORK_DENTHYG_CM.html

So, if overseas dentists want to become Dental hygienst in canada, they have to take dental hygiene diploma before getting their licence as Dental hygienst.
I already applied online for George brown college's Dental hygiene diploma. Hi Dr. Hasib, How did you apply on George Brown College? What requirements did you submit? I am planning to enrol Dental Hygiene course as well, i am planning to land in Toronto and I am already starting to look for possible schools? How much is the tuition fee? Thanks!!!!

gems_19

Aug 30, 2011
Hello guys, I`m dentist from India, thinking of applying to quebec. Do anybody knows any idea once I go there to establish dental hygeinist or dentist.Any dentist applied to quebec? what are the processes to follow ect. I'm married, wife dentist, no kids.

Dr.Hasib

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Toronto,ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21 Jan 2012
toothfairy,
nice to see another dentist having same career plan like mine :D
George brown college is the best and one & only govt college in Toronto that offers 3 years Dental hygiene diploma.
There are other private colleges that offers 18-20 months Dental hygiene diploma but almost everyone adviced me to go for george brown due to it's higher standard. most of the employers give priority to george brown's graduate.
tution fee is high, approximately 39000 CAD(materials, instrument, books etc included) in total, however, you can manage loan from OSAP. OSAP loan is only for George brown's students (and for 1 or 2 private colleges' students taking dental hygiene diploma).
So, yes if you are looking for Dental hygiene then go for George brown. 8)

How to apply:

check the link of George brown's dental hygiene program:
http://www.georgebrown.ca/Marketing/FTCal/hsci/S124.aspx

now, to apply for September 2012 session, you need to apply online via
http://www.ontariocolleges.ca/ontcol/home.html
before Jan 15 , 2012 and your documents must reach to ontario colleges.ca before Feb 1, 2012

what documents you need to send:
your academic IELTS result (band 6)---send it to ontario colleges.ca
your higher secondary certificate and transcript--it must be evaluated via ICAS http://www.icascanada.ca/home.aspx
ICAS will forward it to Ontario colleges.ca

dentist01

Sep 20, 2011
hello! i will submit my application this first week of january 2011 but i am really confused as to where i am going to send my application...i saw the cic website and it was stated there "Sydney, Nova Scotia" but i saw some people here with the status: Visa Office: Manila....i am afraid that if i pass it to sydney nova scotia, i wont be able to reach the cap since it would take weeks for a delivery to reach canada from the philippines...

where should i submit it...Sydney, NS or Manila or elsewhere?? where's the fastest one :))?
thank you so much. :)

Dr.Hasib

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Toronto,ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21 Jan 2012
dentist01 said:
hello! i will submit my application this first week of january 2011 but i am really confused as to where i am going to send my application...i saw the cic website and it was stated there "Sydney, Nova Scotia" but i saw some people here with the status: Visa Office: Manila....i am afraid that if i pass it to sydney nova scotia, i wont be able to reach the cap since it would take weeks for a delivery to reach canada from the philippines...

where should i submit it...Sydney, NS or Manila or elsewhere?? where's the fastest one :))?
thank you so much. :)
you must submit your application to CIO located at Sydney, NS, canada, otherwise your application will be returned to you.
if your visa office is Manilla then CIO will forward your application to manila VO at later stage.
use express courier service like Fedex, TNT, DHL so that your app will reach canada within 4-5 days

hondubai

Oct 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/11/2010
AOR Received.
received on 28/02/2011
IELTS Request
sent with documents
File Transfer...
27/03/2011
Med's Request
22/08/2011
Med's Done....
15/09/2011 Medical received on 11/11/11
Passport Req..
11/4/2012
VISA ISSUED...
12/5/2012 get passports back on 19/5/2012
I came across this site; http://www.foreigndentists.ca/..
This might be of help to dentists whom are intersted to practise as Restorative Dental Hygienists and Denturists.

Dr.Hasib

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Toronto,ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21 Jan 2012
hondubai said:
I came across this site; http://www.foreigndentists.ca/..
This might be of help to dentists whom are intersted to practise as Restorative Dental Hygienists and Denturists.
+1 :D

dentist01

Sep 20, 2011
Dr.Hasib said:
you must submit your application to CIO located at Sydney, NS, canada, otherwise your application will be returned to you.
if your visa office is Manilla then CIO will forward your application to manila VO at later stage.
use express courier service like Fedex, TNT, DHL so that your app will reach canada within 4-5 days

thank you very much Dr. Hasib! :)

abaweja

Star Member
Dec 10, 2011
New Delhi
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2010
AOR Received.
February 2011
Med's Request
14 November 2011
Med's Done....
24 November 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14 November 2011
VISA ISSUED...
19 December 2011
LANDED..........
20 February 2012
hey guys ,

I have applied under NOC 3113

We received your application for permanent residence on November 2010.

We reviewed your application and sent you a letter on February 2011. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Your application was reviewed and we started processing on November 2011.

Medical results have been received.
(does this means they have excepted the medical results?)

Sent my application on 3 Dec 2011 with PCC, Passports, Visa Fee & medical done on 23rd Nov 2011... Any advice on when can I expect any reply & what could be next...

Dr.Hasib

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Toronto,ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21 Jan 2012
abaweja said:
hey guys ,

I have applied under NOC 3113

We received your application for permanent residence on November 2010.

We reviewed your application and sent you a letter on February 2011. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Your application was reviewed and we started processing on November 2011.

Medical results have been received.
(does this means they have excepted the medical results?)

Sent my application on 3 Dec 2011 with PCC, Passports, Visa Fee & medical done on 23rd Nov 2011... Any advice on when can I expect any reply & what could be next...
now you can expect to get your PP back with VISA within 2 weeks..Cheers :)

abaweja

Star Member
Dec 10, 2011
New Delhi
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2010
AOR Received.
February 2011
Med's Request
14 November 2011
Med's Done....
24 November 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14 November 2011
VISA ISSUED...
19 December 2011
LANDED..........
20 February 2012
Dr.Hasib said:
now you can expect to get your PP back with VISA within 2 weeks..Cheers :)
Thank you Dr. Hasib... U r doing a gr8 job... best of luck....