+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

[DENIED] Timeline: Transit TRV, Submitted March 17, 2016.

nomnompuffs

Mar 25, 2016
Hi, I'm submitting this information to help others~

Hired as a software engineer in Sydney, and applying for Transit through Canada so I can fly to Sydney.
  • Was not aware of this forum before I submitted my application, did everything on my own.
  • Have an employer sponsored Australian visa.
  • Included screenshots of my job offer letter in my "Explanation letter", with a red-highlight over the words "FULL TIME employment".
  • Included screenshots of my contract in my "Explanation letter", with a red-highlight over the work hours, 9am-5pm.
  • In the IMM form, did not list anything for the place I intend to stay in Canada. Simply entered, "Not Applicable, Transit only.", because I don't have any intentions of staying in Canada.
  • In my form, I was not allowed to enter anything for "Amount of money available during stay" field.
  • In my form, I was not allowed to enter anything in the "Purpose for visit" field.

Timeline:

• March 17, 2016: Application began.
  • Same day, got an email saying that my application was updated.
  • Around the 18th or 19th: I discovered this forum.
  • Read on this forum that I could send an email to CIC with "URGENT:" in the title, explaining why my situation is urgent.
  • March 23rd, 2016: Sent an email on, with the following subject: "URGENT: Might lose my job if not able to fly soon.", and explained why it was urgent for me to get to Sydney ASAP.
  • March 25th: CIC sends an email saying my application's status has been updated.
  • March 25th: CIC sends another email saying I have a new message in my CIC.
  • March 25th: CIC's message in my CIC message queue says that I have been denied transit.

Reasons for refusal:
  • Travel history.
  • Purpose of visit.
  • Personal assets and financial status.
  • I am not satisfied that you have sufficient funds, including income or assets, to carry out your stated purpose in going to Canada or to maintain yourself while in Canada and to effect your departure.
  • You do not have a valid Australian visa label affixed in your passport.

So basically, I need to reapply and supply financial information, and also get my passport stamped by the Australian Immigrations office.

Please lord, why is it so difficult to just let me pass through the airport on a connecting flight? I don't want to stay in Canada. Jesus.

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
nomnompuffs said:
Hi, I'm submitting this information to help others~

Hired as a software engineer in Sydney, and applying for Transit through Canada so I can fly to Sydney.
  • Was not aware of this forum before I submitted my application, did everything on my own.
  • Have an employer sponsored Australian visa.
  • Included screenshots of my job offer letter in my "Explanation letter", with a red-highlight over the words "FULL TIME employment".
  • Included screenshots of my contract in my "Explanation letter", with a red-highlight over the work hours, 9am-5pm.
  • In the IMM form, did not list anything for the place I intend to stay in Canada. Simply entered, "Not Applicable, Transit only.", because I don't have any intentions of staying in Canada.
  • In my form, I was not allowed to enter anything for "Amount of money available during stay" field.
  • In my form, I was not allowed to enter anything in the "Purpose for visit" field.

Timeline:

• March 17, 2016: Application began.
  • Same day, got an email saying that my application was updated.
  • Around the 18th or 19th: I discovered this forum.
  • Read on this forum that I could send an email to CIC with "URGENT:" in the title, explaining why my situation is urgent.
  • March 23rd, 2016: Sent an email on, with the following subject: "URGENT: Might lose my job if not able to fly soon.", and explained why it was urgent for me to get to Sydney ASAP.
  • March 25th: CIC sends an email saying my application's status has been updated.
  • March 25th: CIC sends another email saying I have a new message in my CIC.
  • March 25th: CIC's message in my CIC message queue says that I have been denied transit.

Reasons for refusal:
  • Travel history.
  • Purpose of visit.
  • Personal assets and financial status.
  • I am not satisfied that you have sufficient funds, including income or assets, to carry out your stated purpose in going to Canada or to maintain yourself while in Canada and to effect your departure.
  • You do not have a valid Australian visa label affixed in your passport.

So basically, I need to reapply and supply financial information, and also get my passport stamped by the Australian Immigrations office.

Please lord, why is it so difficult to just let me pass through the airport on a connecting flight? I don't want to stay in Canada. Jesus.
I think it is quite obvious why they didn't believe your intentions were true as you do not have the proper documents to enter the country you claim you are going to.

Two options:

1) Get the Australian Visa and reapply
2) Do not make a connection flight in Canada

Good luck.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
Jalex23 said:
I think it is quite obvious why they didn't believe your intentions were true as you do not have the proper documents to enter the country you claim you are going to.

Two options:

1) Get the Australian Visa and reapply
2) Do not make a connection flight in Canada

Good luck.
Exactly... the onus is on you to prove what you are saying, and the officer didn't feel you had enough proof.