+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DENIED - again .i just dont get it :(

driftqueen

Aug 17, 2012
I was refused my first working visa application august of 2012.. That time i kinda saw the logic behind the decision of the VO to refuse my application since I was really kind of mismatched for the work I was applying for. I lacked credentials and other supporting documents so I moved forward and did what I had to do.. I applied for Kitchen Helper before but was denied because i had bachelors degree in liberal arts major in English..which prolly explains it. Another reason was that i don't satisfy the VO THAT ill come back to philippines after my contract, which is like..never mind.Anyway, Come october 2012 (2nd academic semester) moving forward, I enrolled in courses for an Associate Degree in Hospitality Management concentrating on Housekeeping management, commercial cooking, bar service management,front office management, and food service.. This time, around april 2013 i recieved a new LMO from the same employer for an opening for Housekeeping Attendant, i decided to reapply. After finishing the courses, I did On the Job Trainings in 2 local hotels and one international (Marriott) for more than 3 months then I rendered my services as Service Staff -Housekeeping & marketing dept. For Cebu Holiday Spa Hotel from september2013 - present. I was able to pass the TESDA ASSESSMENT garnering me National Certificates for Commercial Cooking and Housekeeping competencies so by the end of September I forwarded my 2nd application with more confidence this time around. After waiting for a little over 2months I got the sad news today that i am again DENIED/REFUSED for pretty much the same reason as my refusal last year... They directed in my previous refusal letter that I need to substantiate my reapplication, which I did. I have employee contract and LMO from the same employer which i hoped held at least a bit of bearing for the VO's to consider that my supposed employer really meant business.. But no.. Now i am totally turned off by the decision making of the VOs in the embassy. I can no longer see the fairness and integrity..i know of MANY who have been granted visas who were, credentials and reasons -wise were far less deserving.. I cant help thinking its become more of a money making scheme already.. I used to have such high regard for the CANADIAN dream but after everything, i think its time to accept and move on. If they don't want me then i wont push it. Ill just Charge to experience all the blood sweat and tears iv spent if only to have a taste of the elusive canadian dream. Tsktsk!!

melo1973

Apr 20, 2013
cheer up, it is not yet the end of the world maybe God has special plan for you, try again i know you still find your way in canada, you are still young i think, think positive, and be in mind that God has something for everyone, in God will you'll find yourself in Canada, :) ;) :)

out

Jun 23, 2012
don't lose hope, try again for the third time around while still under employed. maybe the next time around you catch it...try and try until succeed, easy to say but nothing to lose if you don't give up!

JGK

Star Member
Jul 16, 2010
Vegreville, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo (File Moved to Detroit July 2011)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-09-2010
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
31-05-2010
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
01-03-2011
Med's Done....
22-03-2011
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
13-09-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2011
LANDED..........
12-10-2011
Basically what they're seeing is a person with a degree applying for (apologies to all housekeeping staff) a position way below your education level. this makes them suspicious and leads to the refusal

Hinata

Jun 22, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi, UAE
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2012
Passport Req..
20-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
13-06-2013
LANDED..........
11-09-2013
JGK said:
Basically what they're seeing is a person with a degree applying for (apologies to all housekeeping staff) a position way below your education level. this makes them suspicious and leads to the refusal
Maybe this is one of the reason of being denied. I know a nurse who applied for FCA and got denied also. What if you don't include your college degree, Is that possible?

thanksGod

Nov 10, 2013
Hinata said:
Maybe this is one of the reason of being denied. I know a nurse who applied for FCA and got denied also. What if you don't include your college degree, Is that possible?
That is like doing fraud, it doesn't matter if a person was educated as a nurse. So long as the individual has worked as an FCA or is currently working as FCA. In the first place you need to provide 72 units of post secondary education along with your application for work permit.

migwelder

Star Member
Oct 22, 2008
Manila
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-09-2011
Doc's Request.
01-06-2012
Nomination.....
15-08-2012
AOR Received.
14-11-2012
Med's Request
14-11-2012
Med's Done....
19-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-2-2013
LANDED..........
25-03-2013
Since you're a bachelor degree holder Major in English, why not pursue to be a professor? Professors/teachers and also hotel managers are in demand specially here in Saskatchewan. Visa officers might think that you'll end up working in an office in a couple of years and stealing the jobs that most Canadians tend to work to since you are a degree holder. They are more focused on giving visas to people who they think will work on these non-skilled jobs for a very long time. Just work your way to the top (be a manager) and not downgrade yourself.