+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Denial based on someone else's information

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Our friend submitted a strong work permit application. It was denied less than 60 days ago. Multiple reasons given and none of them made sense. His lawyer was stunned. Have now reviewed GCMS and found that apart from some bare facts VO gleaned from previous CAIPS, it is evident all information they assessed belonged to someone else. Place of employment was wrong, unemployed at present, had no employment for 9 years, provided no documentation of education or employment or English proficiency, and many more points. All of them completely unrelated to this applicant. Applicant HAD provided masses of documentary validation most of which was listed in the lawyer's cover letter.
What is the fastest and most effective way to correct this mistake? Thanks.

spartan300

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Kathmandu, Nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
1233/1312
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 05,012 PER.............. : Feb 24,012 DD encahsed : Feb 08,012
AOR Received.
Mar 15,012 2nd line in ecas: Aug 07,012
Med's Request
Aug 10,012
Med's Done....
Aug 19,012 3rd line in ecas: Aug 24, 012
Passport Req..
Aug 10,012 DM on ecas : Sep 21, 012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 19, 012
LANDED..........
Nov 25, 012
May be the lawyer is the best person to answer his query but in this case lawyer is stunned and doing nothing..So i would request your friend to again visit the lawyer cause he is also the consultant of his case...In my opinion he should forward his application package as supporting document again and have to justify the IO that the case IO referring and his case are two different thing when he got the letter but now if time exceed IO might says the time to considered has lapsed....I think the mistake is in the part of the lawyer which he has suffer...if its a professional lawyer then rather being stunned ask the client to forward the document for reconsideration...I think thats why we need lawyers specially in the case like this if lawyers are stunned then what should applicant do...

Regards, Spartan!

sANJUBABA

Star Member
May 9, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
4131; COMPUTER INSTRUCTOR
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
JUNE 2010
nothing new,
same happened with us.

First they refused our case and then FCC turned their ears deaf.

Canadian System is not remain fair any more.
Ridiculous.

Pippin said:
Our friend submitted a strong work permit application. It was denied less than 60 days ago. Multiple reasons given and none of them made sense. His lawyer was stunned. Have now reviewed GCMS and found that apart from some bare facts VO gleaned from previous CAIPS, it is evident all information they assessed belonged to someone else. Place of employment was wrong, unemployed at present, had no employment for 9 years, provided no documentation of education or employment or English proficiency, and many more points. All of them completely unrelated to this applicant. Applicant HAD provided masses of documentary validation most of which was listed in the lawyer's cover letter.
What is the fastest and most effective way to correct this mistake? Thanks.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Thank you both your your replies. In fairess to the immigration lawyer, he gave three options after the refusal. Quit, reapply, judicial review. The level of the lawyer's disbelief that the VO would cite travel history, establishment, present occupation, among the reasons for refusal made us wonder what was going on as the application clearly demonstrated that our friend met/exceeded the requirements for all the negative points. Obviously, nothing could be decided until GCSM was available. We decided to proceed on our own to ask VO for an explanation as the reasons for refusal didn't make sense, but have heard nothing back. With the assistance of a local lawyer, a copy of the entire application package, cover letter sent last month asking for the explanation, as well as a new letter bringing to their attention the discrepancy between GCMS and his actual application (which they will plainly see) is being couriered tothe VO. I expect if there is no suitable response early next week, the next step will be to submit an application for Leave before the 60 day limit is reached.
If anyone is to learn anything from this mess, it is to ORDER GCMS if you have any questions about your application. This is such a blatant error on the VO side, but without having the GCMS we would never have known how they incorrectly came to their decision.
I am sorry to hear Sanjubara that it also happened to you and you have not had a positive outcome. I'd like to hear from anyone who has had experience with VO error and how you dealt with it. Thanks again.

spartan300

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Kathmandu, Nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
1233/1312
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 05,012 PER.............. : Feb 24,012 DD encahsed : Feb 08,012
AOR Received.
Mar 15,012 2nd line in ecas: Aug 07,012
Med's Request
Aug 10,012
Med's Done....
Aug 19,012 3rd line in ecas: Aug 24, 012
Passport Req..
Aug 10,012 DM on ecas : Sep 21, 012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 19, 012
LANDED..........
Nov 25, 012
Pippin said:
Thank you both your your replies. In fairess to the immigration lawyer, he gave three options after the refusal. Quit, reapply, judicial review. The level of the lawyer's disbelief that the VO would cite travel history, establishment, present occupation, among the reasons for refusal made us wonder what was going on as the application clearly demonstrated that our friend met/exceeded the requirements for all the negative points. Obviously, nothing could be decided until GCSM was available. We decided to proceed on our own to ask VO for an explanation as the reasons for refusal didn't make sense, but have heard nothing back. With the assistance of a local lawyer, a copy of the entire application package, cover letter sent last month asking for the explanation, as well as a new letter bringing to their attention the discrepancy between GCMS and his actual application (which they will plainly see) is being couriered tothe VO. I expect if there is no suitable response early next week, the next step will be to submit an application for Leave before the 60 day limit is reached.
If anyone is to learn anything from this mess, it is to ORDER GCMS if you have any questions about your application. This is such a blatant error on the VO side, but without having the GCMS we would never have known how they incorrectly came to their decision.
I am sorry to hear Sanjubara that it also happened to you and you have not had a positive outcome. I'd like to hear from anyone who has had experience with VO error and how you dealt with it. Thanks again.
Please update info if your friends has some update in his file..
I pray for almighty to smooth his process....

Regards, Spartan!