+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Delivery outside Canada

sohney

Star Member
Jan 14, 2010
I have my pr card.I am in back home and pregnant.
My question is if I deliver my baby outside of Canada how I would be able to take him to Canada in future?
Please reply I m in big trouble

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sohney said:
I have my pr card.I am in back home and pregnant.
My question is if I deliver my baby outside of Canada how I would be able to take him to Canada in future?
Please reply I m in big trouble
Looking at your other posts, I see you are from Pakistan. If the father of the baby is also from Pakistan, the baby will have no other citizenship and will not be visa exempt to Canada. There is no guarantee that you will get a TRV for the baby to take him to Canada with you. However, as a PR, you can not sponsor your baby for PR unless you are in Canada yourself. This means you would have to leave your baby in Pakistan and return to Canada alone in order to sponsor him. You would have to stay in Canada during the application processing so you could be separated from your baby for a long time.

If the father is also a PR, this changes the scenario a bit because you could stay in Pakistan with the baby while he goes to Canada to sponsor him.

If the father is a Canadian and he is willing to register your baby for citizenship, he can do that while you wait with the baby in Pakistan but it can also take some months. You could however apply for a temporary passport after applying for a citizenship certificate if you have urgent need to travel.

In the light of all this, I think I would rather recommend that you return to Canada and have your baby here.