+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Delay in study permit

Dec 22, 2022
My daughter applied for masters in business analytics in Concordia University montreal and got admission also for batch starting in sept 2022.
She applied for study permit in May 2022 and after completing all the formalities like medical etc she didn't receive her study visa and had to defer her course to next year that is sept 2023.
Till now there is no update regarding her study permit. GIC account just shows that we are processing your application.kindly suggest appropriate step required for getting the study permit.
Thanks

EssKay1234

Oct 25, 2022
There is a probability that her application is either in detailed security screening or just in backlog. The proper position can only be figured out by applying for GCMS notes. Besides you have deferred to next fall 2023, better to wait and watch as you get plenty of time

Ben30

Dec 4, 2022
Hello! I need an advice I submitted (sep14) my canadian student visa along side with my upfront medical i made sure i scanned & uploaded my e-sheet before I submitted my application aslo made sure that iom send the results which they did 3 month has passed no update so far same as medical not updated my class starts on jan 9th or 16th last day to register. Should i raise a webform ?

EssKay1234

Oct 25, 2022
Raise a webform as it has exceeded the normal processing time limit of 9 weeks. Also holidays are going on right now so if you dont get response by Jan first week then better to defer it to farther intake sept 23.

EssKay1234

Oct 25, 2022
Thats okay too. But usually institutions offer one time deferral and there are certain ppl i have encountered who hasnt had the outcome even after deferring it once so. Although canada has set a target to end the backlog by march 2023.
However i know a canadian consultant i follows his YT channel “I’m Canada” he recently mentioned in a video if ur application isnt within the processing time range then it takes between 4 months to 10 month.

Ben30

Dec 4, 2022
That’s smart thanks for the heads up I’ll take into consideration ill start a webfrom is their any good way to do it

Ben30

Dec 4, 2022
Oh, I also think it’s wise If i get a deferral with my new offer letter & raise a webform. Together for September

EssKay1234

Oct 25, 2022
Should be knowing VO handling ur application.
Just be formal while writing it. Mention ur concerns with dates. Thats all.

EssKay1234

Oct 25, 2022
True. If you have finalized to defer then better to raise one with now LOA. But if its just to ask if you medical update or outcome or status request then a simple will do

Ben30

Dec 4, 2022
Which one is better just ask for an update n my concern my class less than a week deadline or with new LOA, aslo i can not afford to wait until next sep 23 i was thinking of may intake if i do may i would get anew LOA & program should i tell them why i change program or is it fine?

Ben30

Dec 4, 2022
Sadly the same program is not available for may but available for September … can it cause problems if i pick another program or related one I applied for bussines marketing if i choose may i would choose a
BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION

MARKETING (OPTIONAL CO-OP)

EssKay1234

Oct 25, 2022
well its not a problem but the program should always show ur career progression. You will have to show connections of it to ur previous education and proper justification to why u opted a new one.

Ben30

Dec 4, 2022
Yeah the program is within my previous previous job at my family business once i finished highschool also its kinda the same/related i applied for bussies marketing first if i choose may ill have to go business administration marketing is that fine?