+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Delay in PRTD

Kaayenaat

Sep 17, 2017
Hi there
I applied for PRTD on 23rd August 2017 on H&C grounds as there was a shortage of 4 days. I applied for myself n my elder son . My younger son is Canadian citizen by birth. Husband is in Canada only.
There is no update though the VFS people said its gonna take 4 weeks. Its already 5 weeks now. I went to Canadian embassy chandigarh. Called up many offices.
But they don't entertain calls or in person.
Nothing is working out. Can anyone plz suggest if I go to high commission Delhi...will
they entertain us ?
Or its of no use going there ?
Kindly guide .....or any other suggestions
Plz

R

rish888

Try an email. High commission in Delhi will not be able to assist with Chandigarh. Maybe try calling up VFS or send an email to the visa section of the embassy in Chandigarh.

Kaayenaat

Sep 17, 2017
I called up VAC helpline several times
They say that they r only d mediators
I've already sent an email to Chandigarh embassy
Will send an email to high commission delhi too
N one more thing if I send some medical documents regarding my younger son (as he is a Canadian citizen) n say that he needs an immediate treatment in Canada ..... what do u think will they consider my application on urgent basis ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You are applying for PRTD after not meeting your RO on H&C. Totally different situation. You will need actual proof that after numerous years your son needs immediate medical treatment if you want to apply and see if your application might be processed faster. If his father is currently in Canada with status he could technically bring your son to Canada to receive medical care.