+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Delay in Indian PCC - 31 days to submission

mejaz

Dec 9, 2016
Toronto, ON
Passport Req..
10-04-2018
I have received my OINP nomination and ITA soon after (see signature for timeline) and am hoping to submit my eAPR soon. I live in Abu Dhabi, and have applied for my Indian PCC from here. The Indian embassy informed me that it could take a while before I receive my PCC and I only have 31 more days to submit my application.
My question is what are my options if I do not receive my Indian PCC on time? Should I:
- Submit anyway with an LOE explaining the situation and submit my PCC when i receive it.
- Decline my ITA and create a fresh profile and tell OINP to transfer my nomination to the new profile.
- Let my days to submission expire? What happens if I dont submit in 90 days? Do I go back in the pool with the same number of points for the next draw?

onkarsharan

Apr 21, 2017
United Arab Emirates
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-07-2017
Doc's Request.
30-07-2017
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
22-07-2017
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Done....
09-05-2017
Passport Req..
31-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-10-2017
LANDED..........
01-05.2018
I have received my OINP nomination and ITA soon after (see signature for timeline) and am hoping to submit my eAPR soon. I live in Abu Dhabi, and have applied for my Indian PCC from here. The Indian embassy informed me that it could take a while before I receive my PCC and I only have 31 more days to submit my application.
My question is what are my options if I do not receive my Indian PCC on time? Should I:
- Submit anyway with an LOE explaining the situation and submit my PCC when i receive it.
- Decline my ITA and create a fresh profile and tell OINP to transfer my nomination to the new profile.
- Let my days to submission expire? What happens if I dont submit in 90 days? Do I go back in the pool with the same number of points for the next draw?
Option1: If you have plans to goto India, prepone them, goto your place and get your PCC in an hour from PSK.

Option 2: Apply for Embassy which takes 3-7 days.

If option 2 doesn’t work, use option 1. Costly, but you don’t want to delay your processing because of this.

mejaz

Dec 9, 2016
Toronto, ON
Passport Req..
10-04-2018
Option1: If you have plans to goto India, prepone them, goto your place and get your PCC in an hour from PSK.

Option 2: Apply for Embassy which takes 3-7 days.

If option 2 doesn’t work, use option 1. Costly, but you don’t want to delay your processing because of this.
Thank you for your response. But I dont think Option 1 is feasible since I am a UAE resident and if I leave India after receiving the PCC from there it will become invalid. I could state my country of residence as India and apply from India while I am there but this might be misconstrued as misrepresentation because I have a work permit here in UAE and I work here.
I did go for Option 1 but since I have never had an Indian passport issued from India, they do not process in 5-7 days but 1-2 months :-( This seems to be the time they take to send a police officer to verify my details from India.

Please advise what I can do if I do not receive my PCC on time, in the next one month.

onkarsharan

Apr 21, 2017
United Arab Emirates
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-07-2017
Doc's Request.
30-07-2017
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
22-07-2017
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Done....
09-05-2017
Passport Req..
31-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-10-2017
LANDED..........
01-05.2018
Thank you for your response. But I dont think Option 1 is feasible since I am a UAE resident and if I leave India after receiving the PCC from there it will become invalid. I could state my country of residence as India and apply from India while I am there but this might be misconstrued as misrepresentation because I have a work permit here in UAE and I work here.
I did go for Option 1 but since I have never had an Indian passport issued from India, they do not process in 5-7 days but 1-2 months :-( This seems to be the time they take to send a police officer to verify my details from India.

Please advise what I can do if I do not receive my PCC on time, in the next one month.
What is your source of your comments on option 1?
Because as far as I know, I have heard of people traveling to India and getting it from there despite of them being residents of a GCC country.
The CIC website clearly says that you can travel to that country and obtain a PCC in person.

mejaz

Dec 9, 2016
Toronto, ON
Passport Req..
10-04-2018
What is your source of your comments on option 1?
Because as far as I know, I have heard of people traveling to India and getting it from there despite of them being residents of a GCC country.
The CIC website clearly says that you can travel to that country and obtain a PCC in person.
If you need a police certificate from a country or territory and:
  • are currently living there, or received the police certificate before leaving, the police certificate must be issued within six months before you apply.
  • have lived there in the past, the police certificate must be issued after you last lived in that country or territory.
See second bullet point here.

Taken from: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp

Basically you have to take your PCC from the country you are residing in and the country you have been to for more than 6 months AFTER you have left that country.

onkarsharan

Apr 21, 2017
United Arab Emirates
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-07-2017
Doc's Request.
30-07-2017
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
22-07-2017
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Done....
09-05-2017
Passport Req..
31-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-10-2017
LANDED..........
01-05.2018

anushaji2010

Star Member
Nov 20, 2015
Oman
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-05-2018
AOR Received.
19-05-2018
Hi.
Did you manage to get your Indian PCC in time to submit along with your application? I am presently facing the same issue with the Embassy of India in Oman. It's been close to a month now since I had applied for my Indian PCC at the embassy and I am running around trying to track its status and nobody knows except for the status given in the BLS website. That simply shows "Processing at the Embassy". I have never faced such an issue before as I have always managed to obtain my PCC through the embassy here within a week.
What did you do to submit your application?

TIA.

ndshah26

Oct 11, 2017
Hi.
Did you manage to get your Indian PCC in time to submit along with your application? I am presently facing the same issue with the Embassy of India in Oman. It's been close to a month now since I had applied for my Indian PCC at the embassy and I am running around trying to track its status and nobody knows except for the status given in the BLS website. That simply shows "Processing at the Embassy". I have never faced such an issue before as I have always managed to obtain my PCC through the embassy here within a week.

TIA.
Don't worry! This is pretty common i.e. requsting additional time to acquire a PCC (especially folks who are waiting on a US PCC). If you are close to application submission deadline, then feel free to submit it, but make sure that you attach a Letter of Explanation for the same, requesting additional time to obtain and upload the PCC. On your LoE you need to tell the VO when did you submit the application and any correspondence you had with the Indian Embassy for the same, proving to the VO that you have tried your best to acquire the PCC within the deadline, and the remainder of the work is not within your power...I am sure you will get a 60 days extension to obtain your PCC. I am not sure though whether you can submit your application way in advance if you do not have all your docs....HTH!

Reactions: anushaji2010

mejaz

Dec 9, 2016
Toronto, ON
Passport Req..
10-04-2018
Hi.

TIA.
Honestly I dont even wanna remember that again! It was terrible having to track down my application, luckily my wife was in India then and she had a few contacts in the PSK there and also her dad had contacts at the police. So we were able to speed things up once they found the application. I went to the embassy here in abu dhabi to find out the application number first and then used that to track down my application in india. Finally managed to get it, like, a week before my 3 months submission date ended. Just in the nick of time.
Anyway all the best to you, go to the embassy to find the application number, then try to get some relatives of urs to push the application from ur local police station in india.

anushaji2010

Star Member
Nov 20, 2015
Oman
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-05-2018
AOR Received.
19-05-2018
Honestly I dont even wanna remember that again! It was terrible having to track down my application, luckily my wife was in India then and she had a few contacts in the PSK there and also her dad had contacts at the police. So we were able to speed things up once they found the application. I went to the embassy here in abu dhabi to find out the application number first and then used that to track down my application in india. Finally managed to get it, like, a week before my 3 months submission date ended. Just in the nick of time.
Anyway all the best to you, go to the embassy to find the application number, then try to get some relatives of urs to push the application from ur local police station in india.
Hey! Thanks a lot for your advice. Happy to inform you that I got my PCC from the embassy here. Phew! That’s one headache off my list ✔ Back to the rest of them now got some issues to be sorted out in some other areas of my application.

mejaz

Dec 9, 2016
Toronto, ON
Passport Req..
10-04-2018
Hey! Thanks a lot for your advice. Happy to inform you that I got my PCC from the embassy here. Phew! That’s one headache off my list ✔ Back to the rest of them now got some issues to be sorted out in some other areas of my application.
Congrats!!! All the best with the rest of the documents!