+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Declining an accepted invitation

Jojii

Star Member
Jun 13, 2012
NOC Code......
Hello.
So I got ITA yesterday. But I am not sure if I want to submit an application on this ITA.

The form online shows two buttons: "Continue application" and "Decline invitation".

Can I click on continue application to get a feel for it and then decline the invitation later?

samuelja

Star Member
Nov 22, 2015
Hello.
So I got ITA yesterday. But I am not sure if I want to submit an application on this ITA.

The form online shows two buttons: "Continue application" and "Decline invitation".

Can I click on continue application to get a feel for it and then decline the invitation later?
Any particular reason why you want to decline the ITA??

Jojii

Star Member
Jun 13, 2012
NOC Code......
Any particular reason why you want to decline the ITA??
I just want to change my application which will reduce the documentation I need to submit (ofcourse reduce the points too).
I know I can just submit my application and mention it in the LOE, but I would rather not do that if I don't need to.

Any help will be appreciated.

samuelja

Star Member
Nov 22, 2015
Its upto you really. I mean, as you said, you can update the existing one and provide an LoE for the same. Else ya you can create a new profile. Let the seniors also advice, so you can take your decision accordingly. All the best.

PaulRich

Star Member
Jan 21, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-02-2017
Doc's Request.
15-05-2017
Nomination.....
27-05-2017
Its upto you really. I mean, as you said, you can update the existing one and provide an LoE for the same. Else ya you can create a new profile. Let the seniors also advice, so you can take your decision accordingly. All the best.
Hi Samuelja,
I've had the same questions. Does clicking on continue mean accepting? And does clicking on continue mean declining is no longer possible? What happened to you?
Thanks

garyastudent

Sep 3, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Samuelja,
I've had the same questions. Does clicking on continue mean accepting? And does clicking on continue mean declining is no longer possible? What happened to you?
Thanks
No It is not like that, You can still decline after you have clicked on "Continue Application", and can do decline until you have submitted....

Reactions: PaulRich

PaulRich

Star Member
Jan 21, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-02-2017
Doc's Request.
15-05-2017
Nomination.....
27-05-2017
No It is not like that, You can still decline after you have clicked on "Continue Application", and can do decline until you have submitted....
That means there is a problem in what i did then. Because I declined and received a new ITA and yet I can still see my previous application. My profile isn't updated either. My profiles look like this one from toe2head. Unfortunately she/he seems inactive now.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/after-declining-ita-what-happened-is-this-normal.280034/