+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Declaring Uncontactable First Blood Relative in Canada, will it affect?

Oct 9, 2016
Hi All,
I have a strange question while truth and important to ask so I'm asking.
My brother who has Canadian PR living in canada, he don't want to help me by giving his proof of documents like copy of PR Card, Address and Utility Bills copy, so that I can submit alongwith application.
I only have his emai address as he never shared his phone number with me, this is very unfortunate and embarassing, but this is truth we never had contacted each other.

I've received ITA, now I have to declare and submit proof of close relative living in canada.
What shall I do? what if I don't declare that I have a close relative in Canada.

Any suggestions or ideas?

Thanks,
Shahab.

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You only need to declare relatives if you wish to claim FSWP points for them, which will require you to submit documents.

If you didn't claim points for your brother, just don't declare him; it's not a problem.

Aaronpaul

Star Member
Sep 8, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Absolutely true,there is no binding on you to declare your blood relatives in Canada if you dont want to claim points for your immigration.

Dvyshmodi

Dec 19, 2017
Hii my sister had canadian PR now.
But by mistake she mentioned my wrong birthdate.
She has all documents.but my birthdate is wrong.
My crs is 472 without her points.
I dont want to bother her for documents and correcting my birthday in her PR details.
What should i do ?
If i dont mention her , front of immigration officer , i have to tell about her as i wil go there at her home.and if i dont mention her it may b taken as false information provided.
And if i mention her , i may bother her and also chance of this birthday match error..plz guide me for betterment.

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
Hii my sister had canadian PR now.
But by mistake she mentioned my wrong birthdate.
She has all documents.but my birthdate is wrong.
My crs is 472 without her points.
I dont want to bother her for documents and correcting my birthday in her PR details.
What should i do ?
If i dont mention her , front of immigration officer , i have to tell about her as i wil go there at her home.and if i dont mention her it may b taken as false information provided.
And if i mention her , i may bother her and also chance of this birthday match error..plz guide me for betterment.
No it is not misrepresentation or fraud not to claim FSW 5 adaptability close relative points or CRS 15 ranking siblings points. Still you will mention your sister's name and date of birth in your immediate family information section where candidates are required to mention name of parents and siblings even if anyone is deceased. No documents are asked for this.

Just put 'No' where system asks about Canadian relatives in your eAPR form. You can include couple of lines in LoE too. A case officer will recalculate your CRS at assessment stage and as long as your total CRS score is at or above the CRS cutoff tie break score, you are totally safe!

Good Luck!

Dvyshmodi

Dec 19, 2017
No it is not misrepresentation or fraud not to claim FSW 5 adaptability close relative points or CRS 15 ranking siblings points. Still you will mention your sister's name and date of birth in your immediate family information section where candidates are required to mention name of parents and siblings even if anyone is deceased. No documents are asked for this.

Just put 'No' where system asks about Canadian relatives in your eAPR form. You can include couple of lines in LoE too. A case officer will recalculate your CRS at assessment stage and as long as your total CRS score is at or above the CRS cutoff tie break score, you are totally safe!

Good Luck!
Thank you so much sir.
But if i would mention her in points..
Would it be troublesome for me..?
As in her PR or any document proof there would not b any details of mine..
Its just in her background family details..no where else i m mentioned in any documents..

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
Thank you so much sir.
But if i would mention her in points..
Would it be troublesome for me..?
As in her PR or any document proof there would not b any details of mine..
Its just in her background family details..no where else i m mentioned in any documents..
Isn't it expected that your details would not be in her file as your are her sibling not dependent? If you claim siblings points then you need to submit her PR card, residential proof i.e rental agreement, utility bills, bank statement. Also her passport bio page where her parents name will match with yours.

But if you have 472 crs score without her details then why on earth you wanna go through hassle of proving her as your sister? 472 crs score will fatch you an ITA any draw any day! If you do not mention her in pr application then there will not be any problem in the future. As I said before it not a misrepresentation not to claim relatives point. You are not hiding her because you will have to mention her in immediate familiy members section anyway.

Its your call. Good Luck!

Dvyshmodi

Dec 19, 2017
Isn't it expected that your details would not be in her file as your are her sibling not dependent? If you claim siblings points then you need to submit her PR card, residential proof i.e rental agreement, utility bills, bank statement. Also her passport bio page where her parents name will match with yours.

But if you have 472 crs score without her details then why on earth you wanna go through hassle of proving her as your sister? 472 crs score will fatch you an ITA any draw any day! If you do not mention her in pr application then there will not be any problem in the future. As I said before it not a misrepresentation not to claim relatives point. You are not hiding her because you will have to mention her in immediate familiy members section anyway.

Its your call. Good Luck!
Thank you so much for ur suggestions..
My brother in law ( her hubby) suggested if i dont add her details , they would more doubt..
And sooner or later i have to show her.
And moreover , in any of her above mentioned documents, my birthday ( described by her) is not there.
Its just in her family details in her PR profile ..which wil never be shown any where.

But i wil surely take ur suggestion in consideration.
So i should not mention her while making profile , but later in family background page, i should show her.is it like that ?
( so rry if my questions r silly but i m novice and i really don't have too much idea about that.)

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
But i wil surely take ur suggestion in consideration.
So i should not mention her while making profile , but later in family background page, i should show her.is it like that ?
( so rry if my questions r silly but i m novice and i really don't have too much idea about that.)
Yes!

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
Thank u infinite.
I wil ask u if i stuck any where.
Bcoz i m stil confuse where to place it and where to not .
As i tried making gc key.in that there wasnt anything diffrently asked.
Sorry for bothering.
Happy to help, you can pm me for any question, I will try to help.