+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Declaring "landing" in the residence calculator

isilrion

May 25, 2012
I'm preparing my citizenship application. My COPR (incorrectly?) states that the "original entry date" is the day in which I landed at Niagara falls, rather than five years ago. I'm not very concerned about the mismatch---I ordered my CBSA records and they have the correct original entry date, and I'm submitting documentation (full-time university transcripts going back 4 years) that proves that I've been in Canada most of that time.

That said, I want to make sure I account in the residence calculator for every stamp in my passport / entry in CBSA records. I landed at Niagara (crossed the rainbow bridge, the US immigration official gave me a document but no stamp in the passport, got back to the canadian border and got my COPR & passport stamp). Should I list this trip as a day trip to the US (even though I didn't go past immigration)? If you landed at the US-Canada border while living in Canada, how did you list your landing in the residence calculator? Did you list it at all?

(Also, I said I'm not concerned about the mismatch. Should I be?)

Thanks,

I.

Flyeur75

Feb 1, 2014
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AUG-2013
AOR Received.
OCT-2013
File Transfer...
JUN-2014
Interview........
SEP-2014
I also did not declare my border crossing trip to land in Canada at Niagara Falls. I literally just drove to the border, did a U-turn, and came back to officially "land" as a PR.

This should not be a problem, because you are not required to calculate day trips outside Canada for the purposes of residence calculation. I included some day trips anyway in my residence calculator, and they show as an absence of zero days for each day trip.