+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Declaring a representative

Mar 19, 2024
hello,
I have a really short deadline left to upload documents post ITA so i hope anyone can reply soon.
So long story short,

I recently recieved ITA under CEC, and before the profile was created, I hired a lawyer to help me with the case. They used my old GC key account as i gave them access to it. However, they made A TON of mistakes in my profile which i then had to change myself as i couldn't trust them anymore. Luckily i could change everything before i got an ITA. As i made changes and filled out my own profile after the initial mistakes, and i could'nt trust them i selected no for representative. Also, the representative left this as no when they filled it out. before me.

However, i do not want to misrepresent myself. Post receiving, I have prepared ALL of the documents MYSELF. i tried to give them another opportunity to help me but it wasn't satisfactory at all so decided my original decision to not let them work on anything was accurate. Now, should i select no for the use of representative option or upload a cancelation of representative document even though i had never declared a representative to begin with??

I did originally sign a retainer agreement with the lawyer and already paid them. Will they be able to reach out to ircc if i tell them i dont need them and input no in declaration of representative. Please help.

ENDGOAL: DO NOT WANT TO MISREPRESENT