Waived
Passport Req..
16-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
27-05-2013
LANDED..........
very soon!!
Hi everyone,
Just checked Ecas with my husband's file number and it says: "A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision".

Our application was sent on Nov.21st 2012
Sponsorship approval: Feb.21st 2013
Medicals done : August 2012
All fees were paid when we filed the application

Now...we're happy but I am also wondering what does it means? what are usually the next steps. Some people are called for interviews, some are not.....what "generallly" happens when you receive that message"? Is it good news, does it means that they'll ask for PP soon, or does that mean an interview is coming? Just curious.... ::) it's exciting to see that things are moving on our file. Our case was pretty straigthforward in our eyes, I hope it's good news. Any idea how long after DM is posted to hear from the VO?
Thanks everyone in advance for any feedback. I am sooooo happy but yet, I am not sure what it really means!! I can't wait to have my husband here with me.....it will soon be a dream come true I hope! ;D

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
Hey!

Congrats on the application! you're done...

Next step is: you wait for the COPR to be posted and sent to your husband. If he is in France, then it shoudl take around 3 to 5 days. If it's somewhere else further away, it might take around 10 days to 2 weeks.
You most likely won't be called for an interview: they've made up their mind, and that's it. It's most likely a positive decision, if you had a straightforward case. If they wanted more information, they would have asked for it...
If your husband is visa-exempt, they he won't get a PPR - they will issue the COPR based on the passport number that was on his file, and they will send it by post - he doesn't need to submit his passport, as he doesn't need a visa to get into Canada.
Normally ecas turns into DM once it's posted, or about to be...
Congrats!
Sweden

Bibiche

Star Member
Sep 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2012
AOR Received.
26-11-2012
File Transfer...
21-02-2013
Med's Done....
27-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
27-05-2013
LANDED..........
very soon!!
Thanks so much Sweden!!! Glad to hear that!! My husband is not from a visa exempt country so they will request his passport. It looks good and I can't find any words to describe our happiness.....but at the same time, I am also realistic, I know we still have to wait perhaps a few more weeks, depending how long it takes for the visa officer in Paris to get in touch with my husband BUT.....it was such a great feeling when I saw that on ecas today almost fell of my chair!! ;D Fingers crossed that the process will be fast and smooth! Thanks again Sweden!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
Bibiche said:
Thanks so much Sweden!!! Glad to hear that!! My husband is not from a visa exempt country so they will request his passport. It looks good and I can't find any words to describe our happiness.....but at the same time, I am also realistic, I know we still have to wait perhaps a few more weeks, depending how long it takes for the visa officer in Paris to get in touch with my husband BUT.....it was such a great feeling when I saw that on ecas today almost fell of my chair!! ;D Fingers crossed that the process will be fast and smooth! Thanks again Sweden!
OK - it's fairly unusual for ecas to go to Decision made for non-visa-exempt and not have the passport request before... sometimes it's not good news. I don't want to scare you, because each office is different. London did the same a few weeks ago - DM on ecas for the applicant, but no passport request even if the applicant was not-visa-exempt. BUt after 10 days they did request the passport, so it's possible.
If your situation is straightforward, then it should be OK. they wouldn't refuse you without an interview (unless you obviously don't qualify to sponsor him, but if it's not the case then it should be OK).

I think you could send a case-specific enquiry through the website to Paris VO and asking for more information : saying that ecas says DM but you haven't received the passport request, and you are worried etc. You might get an answer, or a faster PPR...

Good luck,
Sweden