14 May 2013
Passport Req..
9 Aug 2013
VISA ISSUED...
7 Nov 2013
LANDED..........
23 Nov 2013
Hi everyone,

I have applied PR FAM on 23 May 2013, got PPR Aug 2013 and receive the DHL with my passport, confirmation of permanent residence letter and other doc and photos that I sent with my application. However I flipped thro my passport, I couldnt find the visa and when I try to log on to E cas, they cant locate my account, I tries different no, UCI, CPR, Recept no. no one is work but it has been working for the past months. I tried to log on to my fiancee my sponsor's E cas, its normal and both sides Sponsorship Application Status and Permanent Residence Application Status showing decision made. I just called my visa office in Beijing and they said they cannot find my record.

Anyone who has received their visa can give me some advice? Its crazy :'(

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
kkbaggio said:
Hi everyone,

I have applied PR FAM on 23 May 2013, got PPR Aug 2013 and receive the DHL with my passport, confirmation of permanent residence letter and other doc and photos that I sent with my application. However I flipped thro my passport, I couldnt find the visa and when I try to log on to E cas, they cant locate my account, I tries different no, UCI, CPR, Recept no. no one is work but it has been working for the past months. I tried to log on to my fiancee my sponsor's E cas, its normal and both sides Sponsorship Application Status and Permanent Residence Application Status showing decision made. I just called my visa office in Beijing and they said they cannot find my record.

Anyone who has received their visa can give me some advice? Its crazy :'(
Reading your previous posts, you hold a HK SAR passport and a British National Overseas Passport. Both of those are visa-exempt, therefore you DO NOT need a visa in your passport to enter Canada, even to land as a PR.

Your posts indicate you are in Canada. Tomorrow, drive to the nearest border crossing with your passports and your COPR, flagpole and become a PR.

kkbaggio

Star Member
Apr 9, 2013
Kelowna BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23 May 2013
Doc's Request.
09-08-2013
AOR Received.
13 June 2013
File Transfer...
19 June 2013
Med's Done....
14 May 2013
Passport Req..
9 Aug 2013
VISA ISSUED...
7 Nov 2013
LANDED..........
23 Nov 2013
canuck_in_uk said:
Reading your previous posts, you hold a HK SAR passport and a British National Overseas Passport. Both of those are visa-exempt, therefore you DO NOT need a visa in your passport to enter Canada, even to land as a PR.

Your posts indicate you are in Canada. Tomorrow, drive to the nearest border crossing with your passports and your COPR, flagpole and become a PR.
Oh....really? many thanks! I will try and do that! will update here if everything is alright.

kkbaggio

Star Member
Apr 9, 2013
Kelowna BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23 May 2013
Doc's Request.
09-08-2013
AOR Received.
13 June 2013
File Transfer...
19 June 2013
Med's Done....
14 May 2013
Passport Req..
9 Aug 2013
VISA ISSUED...
7 Nov 2013
LANDED..........
23 Nov 2013
Hi Canuck,

But on the letter it said

You must land in Canada before the expiry date, which appears on your Canada Immigration Visa. Usually, the expiry date is one year from the time medical examinations were completed. As this is not always the case, be sure to verify the expiry date as soon as you receive your Canada Immigration Visa.

If I do not have a Canada immigration visa, how do I know the expiry date? So you do not have a visa affixed on your passport too?

another question, how about the PR card? do I need to do anything? as I'm already in Canada and have updated my address on E cas too.

Thanks.

kk

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
kkbaggio said:
Hi Canuck,

But on the letter it said

You must land in Canada before the expiry date, which appears on your Canada Immigration Visa. Usually, the expiry date is one year from the time medical examinations were completed. As this is not always the case, be sure to verify the expiry date as soon as you receive your Canada Immigration Visa.

If I do not have a Canada immigration visa, how do I know the expiry date? So you do not have a visa affixed on your passport too?

another question, how about the PR card? do I need to do anything? as I'm already in Canada and have updated my address on E cas too.
On the COPR, under "Application Details", there is a "Valid To" field. That is the expiry date, you must land before then. No visa-exempt person is given a visa in their passport, they just get the COPR. The visa is only given to those that need a TRV to enter Canada.

You need to go to the Canada-USA border and flagpole to land as a PR. The landing officer will ask you what address to send your PR card to and the card will arrive within a few months.

kkbaggio

Star Member
Apr 9, 2013
Kelowna BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23 May 2013
Doc's Request.
09-08-2013
AOR Received.
13 June 2013
File Transfer...
19 June 2013
Med's Done....
14 May 2013
Passport Req..
9 Aug 2013
VISA ISSUED...
7 Nov 2013
LANDED..........
23 Nov 2013
hi canuck,

Oh thanks so much, its really helpful! So I can only apply job after I have the PR card and sin?

Thanks!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
You can apply for jobs but you cannot actually start working until after you become a PR and obtain a SIN.

Most employers probably won't really want to talk to you until you can legally work.

kkbaggio

Star Member
Apr 9, 2013
Kelowna BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23 May 2013
Doc's Request.
09-08-2013
AOR Received.
13 June 2013
File Transfer...
19 June 2013
Med's Done....
14 May 2013
Passport Req..
9 Aug 2013
VISA ISSUED...
7 Nov 2013
LANDED..........
23 Nov 2013
canuck_in_uk said:

Hey, we drove down to the boarder today and successfully landed as a PR, the officer really gave me a flag!!!hahahaa ;D

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
kkbaggio said:
Hey, we drove down to the boarder today and successfully landed as a PR, the officer really gave me a flag!!!hahahaa ;D
Congrats!