24-08-2011 (Application for Nomination) /Federal Part 24-05-2012
Nomination.....
07-12-2011
AOR Received.
09-07-2012
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
17-07-2012 / 03-06-2013(request for redo)
Med's Done....
24-08-2012 / 21-06-2013(redo)
Interview........
eCas in Process 29-05-2013
Passport Req..
October 1, 2013 / DM (eCas) - September 29, 2013 (AWESOME birthday present:P )
LANDED..........
Claimed in JESUS' Name, AMEN!
PAL123 said:
Hi Guys, What is this GCMS? Can someone explain please? I have also got my status changed to decision made since 27 june. No PPR request yet.
B-canada said:
Hey Reet90:

where do I check GCMS? got my DM as far back as July 2 but no PPR yet...

So worried now.

Thanks,

B-canada
Hi! Here's the link to applying for a GCMS. :)
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp

GCMS is short for 'Global Case Management System', and is a newer computer system that CIC are rolling out across their offices.

Hope this helped. :)

PAL123

Jul 10, 2013
Thanks for the reply Ciao.

The link that you have given is leading to the page where a request for information can be made under "Right to information act"(AITP Online request). Is this the same as GCMS? I tried to apply through this link and I am confused on what to answer for the question "What type of information would you like to request?" Answers can be selected from the two choices of 'Physical file" or "Electronic file". Could anyone please help?

Ciao

Star Member
Jul 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-08-2011 (Application for Nomination) /Federal Part 24-05-2012
Nomination.....
07-12-2011
AOR Received.
09-07-2012
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
17-07-2012 / 03-06-2013(request for redo)
Med's Done....
24-08-2012 / 21-06-2013(redo)
Interview........
eCas in Process 29-05-2013
Passport Req..
October 1, 2013 / DM (eCas) - September 29, 2013 (AWESOME birthday present:P )
LANDED..........
Claimed in JESUS' Name, AMEN!
PAL123 said:
Thanks for the reply Ciao.

The link that you have given is leading to the page where a request for information can be made under "Right to information act"(AITP Online request). Is this the same as GCMS? I tried to apply through this link and I am confused on what to answer for the question "What type of information would you like to request?" Answers can be selected from the two choices of 'Physical file" or "Electronic file". Could anyone please help?
Hi,

Yes i think they're the same somehow. Husband was the one who applied as he is currently in Canada, and according to him physical file can be in a form of CD, paper file, or braille; while electronic file can be via e-mail. Or you can actually click the 'help' button at the right side of the question. I hope this helped. :)

Poonam C.

Jul 15, 2013
Hi Kia,

Thanks again. I haven't received my ppr yet...that is the main concern. If I move and leave my current job, I am worried that my employer will inform PNP office that I am no longer employed by them. The PNP office will than inform CIC and I will be back to square one. I have open work permit only until Nov, 2013. So this is the situation. Can u and other nay other members in this forum please advise on what my options are, how I can handle this situation so that I don't burn biridges with my employer and also move without the PR application getting affected.

Thanks,
Poonam

reet90

Jun 15, 2013
Hey poonam is safe to move out from yhe the province after ppr...I got mine ppr after 2 weeks from decision made..

Poonam C.

Jul 15, 2013
Hi Reet,

Thank you. You are lucky. I am on my third week this coming Tuesday. Do you think emailing them or faxing them helps reactive your file or expedite the process. I paid RRPF on May 24th but did not hear back anything from them until June 24th. I then emailed them, but they just sent a general email, no action is required by you at this time. After that on July 2nd, my ECAS status changed to "Decision Made". I don't know if this was the result of contacting them via email.
Has anyone else experienced their getting activated or the process being expedited after contacting CIC-O.

Thanks,
Poonam

B-canada

Jul 18, 2013
POON:

WE ARE IN SAME SITUATION, GOT EMAIL TO PAY RPPR IN MAY 16, AND ECAS CHANGED TO "DM" ON JULY 2ND.. EMAILED THEM ON JULY 10 ABOUT THE DECISION BUT GOT GENERAL EMAIL LIKE YOURS... LETS KEEP PRAYING WHILE WE WAIT, HOPEFULLY SOMETHING GOOD HAPPENS IN THE WEEK AHEAD.

G/LUCK

reet90

Jun 15, 2013
hi poonam mine was timeline as yours ...poonam is it safe to move out from province after landing..may be email can speed up the process

Poonam C.

Jul 15, 2013
Thanks guys, Reet and B Canada for your responses. I will wait until end of this week and if don't hear anything by then, will shoot out an email.

I am not comfortable making a move until I get atleast PPR. You are right Reet, I think the same too that it will be safe to make a move to a different province once PPR process is reached.

Thanks,
Poonam

Poonam C.

Jul 15, 2013
Hi Reet,

Yes, my roommate moved immediately after he received his passport back. He moved to SK, Regina and he completed his landing process over there. he officer did ask him why are you having the landing process done here, and he simply said that he was there on vacation and he might as well complete the process.

No action has been taken, it's already been 3-4 months since he moved. But he did not inform CIC about his address change. I just received his PR card last week in the mail.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Poonam

GAM

Jun 1, 2013
Poonam C. said:
Hi Reet,

Thank you. You are lucky. I am on my third week this coming Tuesday. Do you think emailing them or faxing them helps reactive your file or expedite the process. I paid RRPF on May 24th but did not hear back anything from them until June 24th. I then emailed them, but they just sent a general email, no action is required by you at this time. After that on July 2nd, my ECAS status changed to "Decision Made". I don't know if this was the result of contacting them via email.
Has anyone else experienced their getting activated or the process being expedited after contacting CIC-O.

Thanks,
Poonam
Yess, whenever contacted , things change