ahm2299

Jan 18, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
waived
ahmadmani said:
Finallllllllllllllllly got my oath invite :) after almost a year... my ceremony is on election day!!! Can I vote on the same day???
Definitely you can vote on Oct 19.

ahmadmani

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nice Canada said:
Congrats. What a great coincidence. I hope you can.
Thanks buddy for your wishes :) crossing my finger to see if i can vote against conservatives :)

ahm2299

Jan 18, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
waived
ahmadmani said:
Do you have any reference? It is hard to believe it...
No need for a reference my friend. As you may remember from the stuffy guide for citizinship. It says you need to be 18 and citizen Period.

Valhalla

Star Member
May 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May/12/2011
LANDED..........
AUG/23/2012
ahm2299 said:
No need for a reference my friend. As you may remember from the stuffy guide for citizinship. It says you need to be 18 and citizen Period.
Also you need to be registered as a voter by Elections Canada and remember, after you become a Canadian citizen please allow at least two (2) days till you apply for Canadian services like a passport. The reason for this is because CIC is gotta update the system with you new status... that being said, i dont think (i might be wrong though) one day you get your citizenship certificate in the morning and by the afternoon your info will be updated in the voters list.

BUT, remember, if you dont get your voters card in the mail, you can always call Elections Canada and get your info updated EVEN on the same day the elections are held... so.

I guess its a wait and see what happens...

ahmadmani

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Valhalla said:
Also you need to be registered as a voter by Elections Canada and remember, after you become a Canadian citizen please allow at least two (2) days till you apply for Canadian services like a passport. The reason for this is because CIC is gotta update the system with you new status... that being said, i dont think (i might be wrong though) one day you get your citizenship certificate in the morning and by the afternoon your info will be updated in the voters list.

BUT, remember, if you dont get your voters card in the mail, you can always call Elections Canada and get your info updated EVEN on the same day the elections are held... so.

Thanks valhalla for the useful information. I checked with other people. some say I can vote and some other say I can not. So I wrote directly to Canada Electing and asked them. Will update you upon hearing from them. As per citizenship manual, at the time of voting the voter should be at least 18 yrs and citizen, and I guess I have these requirements after the ceremony. One friend of mine voted last time without being registered and having the voters card on the election day. this is a really weird situation. Do you also know why 19-Oct is not listed in CIC website as a ceremony day for Mississauga office. Could it be updated some time later?

mina2015

Sep 24, 2015
Hello my mother's status for citizenship is change dot DECISION MADE as of September 18th . she did not need any tests. any idea when she will be invited to the oath? thanks for information

mina2015

Sep 24, 2015
My mother's status has been changed to DECISION MADE as of Sep 18th 2015. any idea when she will be invited to ceremony? she does need to write the test . thanks in advance

ahmadmani

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Valhalla said:

I called election canada and they confirmed that I can vote after my ceremony :)

ahmadmani

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Valhalla said:

I called election canada as you suggested and they confirmed that I can vote after the ceremony.

mina2015 said:
Hello my mother's status for citizenship is change dot DECISION MADE as of September 18th . she did not need any tests. any idea when she will be invited to the oath? thanks for information
It all depends on the case and local office. It may very from one week to 3 months.

monwar

Oct 16, 2015
Hi everybody,

I need some help to properly understand the situation of my wife application.

Here is her timeline:

1. application received on May 16, 2012.
2. start processing application on March 1, 2013.
3. RQ sent on July 23, 2013.
4. Notice of test sent on December 18, 2013 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 6, 2014 at 8:30 AM.

Status shown is “DECISION MADE” (checked on October 2, 2015). Previously it was “IN PROCESS”.

I and our daughter already became Canadian citizen.
Also, she travels a lot to USA where I am currently living on TN visa (but after submitting the application). And during her interview after the test (she got 20/20), the interviewer asked a lot about her staying in USA.

Now anyone have any idea that when she can expect her oath letter?
Also, is there any way that she can be rejected without a hearing (she does not have any problem with the minimum required stay before submitting the application)?

Any response would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

samaabraham

Aug 7, 2012
OK. Here is the answer. Because your wife's application is non-routine, It should've been sent to Montreal or another office to take the decision. Decision made status appears online when the decision has been taken in Montreal and before the file is transferred to the local office. This means that your wife's file is OK and I am pretty sure very very soon, the invitation will be sent to you. It takes 15 - 20 days to be sent to the local office after decision has been taken and another 20-30 days to send the invitation. DON,T WORRY

monwar

Oct 16, 2015
samaabraham said:
OK. Here is the answer. Because your wife's application is non-routine, It should've been sent to Montreal or another office to take the decision. Decision made status appears online when the decision has been taken in Montreal and before the file is transferred to the local office. This means that your wife's file is OK and I am pretty sure very very soon, the invitation will be sent to you. It takes 15 - 20 days to be sent to the local office after decision has been taken and another 20-30 days to send the invitation. DON,T WORRY
Thanks for your response.

It s strange that after posting this message in the morning, my wife got her oath invitation letter in the afternoon. Also her online status updated.

so you are absolutely right samaabraham.