+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Decision Made after Test?

Jarina

Apr 12, 2015
janoo said:
Congratulations... Can you inform the forum from decision made to oath letter

how many days your waiting time ??
My decision made and oath letter was received on the same day on July 22, 2015, but my oath ceremony is on August 6, 2015

shahsadru007

Jul 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vnexpress said:
Looks like they are sending Oath letters to June 9 test takers. If you took the test earlier than this date better visit them in person to check whats going on. Good luck!
I guess you are right, I have to go CIC office and find out in person. It is disgusting the way they processing files and send letters for Oath Invitations.

Thanks

Shaun

sinpguy

Jul 3, 2011
Saskatoon
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2011
Nomination.....
15-12-2010
AOR Received.
25-07-2011 (by email)
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
02-08-2011
Med's Done....
16-08-2011
Passport Req..
01-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
01-01-2012
LANDED..........
20-01-2012
shahsadru007 said:
I guess you are right, I have to go CIC office and find out in person. It is disgusting the way they processing files and send letters for Oath Invitations.

Thanks

Shaun

Where r u guys from? Which city? Cos in Saskatoon we have the same issue. They r giving oath for June 9/10 test takers and not those before that, when we also have decision made in ecas.

51smoker

Jul 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-12-2010
Doc's Request.
13-07-2011
AOR Received.
09-05-2011
Med's Request
13-07-2011
Med's Done....
21-07-2011
sinpguy said:
Where r u guys from? Which city? Cos in Saskatoon we have the same issue. They r giving oath for June 9/10 test takers and not those before that, when we also have decision made in ecas.
That's really normal, CIC does this all the time. be patient

chikloo

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sinpguy said:

Hi not support CIC but each case is different. Though it says decision made on your application the final steps may not be through. Like adding you to for printing the citizenship certificate, name verification and so on. Also you got your test in May but not necessarily in the right order. In the sense the person who attended test in June may have applied earlier than you. CIC takes different timing for different people. As far as they are reasonable timing like not making people wait for 2 years or longer.

It took me 14 months to get to oath and I was one of the lucky ones. I knew few others from the forum who has waited for more than 36 months. That is like crazy long time for any thing. You can reach to mars in 9 months.

I was worried for a long time and my friends kept saying that I should forget it and it will come to me when I dont expect. actually I surrendered to the fact that I cant do anything. So what kept me calm after that point was citizenship did not add anything more to my life other than a milestone. Luckily they started CEN montreal mine and some other RQ applicants were chosen to be processed faster.

In your case 90% is done just the oath so "Patience is a virtue".

All the best to get your Oath letter soon.

itguy78

Star Member
Dec 1, 2014
Windsor, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sinpguy said:
Been there! Took test May 27th and they gave oath letters to a bunch of people who took test in June before I got it -- luckily my oath was only a few weeks after.

sinpguy

Jul 3, 2011
Saskatoon
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2011
Nomination.....
15-12-2010
AOR Received.
25-07-2011 (by email)
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
02-08-2011
Med's Done....
16-08-2011
Passport Req..
01-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
01-01-2012
LANDED..........
20-01-2012
Thanks guys for the encouraging words... ;D ;D ;D

Oct 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I gave my test on April 13th...Status changed to decision made on 13-July....Waiting for oath letter....hoepfully CIC will send it in anohter couple of weeks.....good luck everyone

Jarina

Apr 12, 2015
For whose who took their oath ceremony can you please explain what happens the day of. Please and thank you.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Jarina said:
For whose who took their oath ceremony can you please explain what happens the day of. Please and thank you.
Please read this regarding oath ceremony that happened in Vancouver:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/vancouver-oath-timeline-after-testinterview-t282546.0.html;msg4493703#msg4493703

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/vancouver-oath-timeline-after-testinterview-t282546.0.html;msg4493716#msg4493716

itguy78

Star Member
Dec 1, 2014
Windsor, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jarina said:
In my case the letter said the ceremony was at 9am. I got there 8:40am and waited till the doors opened shortly before 9am. They called everyone by their position (number in the oath letter) to check the documents and then go in to see the officer to: turn in PR and stamp landing document, then enter the oath room (same place I did the test). There were 60 people taking oath at the same time, so it took awhile till everyone was in their seats. That being done, someone came and explained what was going to happen: judge would enter, say a few things do the oath, call each person by name to get their certificate, sing O Canada and that's it. Right about 11am it was all done, I stayed around a few mins extra to take pictures with the Judge, talk with some people and such.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
itguy78 said:
In my case the letter said the ceremony was at 9am. I got there 8:40am and waited till the doors opened shortly before 9am. They called everyone by their position (number in the oath letter) to check the documents and then go in to see the officer to: turn in PR and stamp landing document, then enter the oath room (same place I did the test). There were 60 people taking oath at the same time, so it took awhile till everyone was in their seats. That being done, someone came and explained what was going to happen: judge would enter, say a few things do the oath, call each person by name to get their certificate, sing O Canada and that's it. Right about 11am it was all done, I stayed around a few mins extra to take pictures with the Judge, talk with some people and such.
What was stamped on the landing document? Do you have IMM1000 or IMM5292?

lawabiden

Star Member
Jun 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Friends, my journey is over as of this morning. 82 new citizens from Ottawa office today. I want to thank all of you who helped me with your useful comments and good luck to everyone.

itguy78

Star Member
Dec 1, 2014
Windsor, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thecoolguysam said:
What was stamped on the landing document? Do you have IMM1000 or IMM5292?
To be honest I never really looked at the stamp, I assume it just says I became a citizen. I have a IMM5292 (CPR/landing document).
Also the letter asked us to take all original documents submitted with the application and 2 pieces of photo ID, but they only looked/collected my PR and signed oath papers without asking for anything else.

EDIT: I looked at the stamp and it says "The holder of this document is no longer a permanent resident" (In English and French).