+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Decision Made after Test?

vnexpress

Jul 2, 2015
TObound said:
Based on replies in this topic, it seems like maximum time passed between "decision made" to oath invite is 1,5 months. Has it been longer for anyone else who wrote the test?
I think it depends on offices too they have different ways for oath calls. For example time gap between DM and Oaths for Calgary is long.

TObound

Star Member
Jun 11, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vnexpress said:
I think it depends on offices too they have different ways for oath calls. For example time gap between DM and Oaths for Calgary is long.
How long?

LANCAY

Jan 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thecoolguysam said:
So did you also apply for PR card renewal?
I see...I change my Last name on my PR card.
Thanks a lot! Hopefully not long from now...

dbo73

Star Member
Apr 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
After my status changed to "Decision Made" only a few days after I took the test on June 2, then switched back to "in process" a week later, it now shows "decision made" again, however no additional detailed entries appear - the last entry is the invitation to the citizenship test. I received my oath invitation on June 29 for July 27.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
LANCAY said:
I see...I change my Last name on my PR card.
Thanks a lot! Hopefully not long from now...
Did you recently receive your PR card with new last name? I think your applied for citizenship and renewal of PR card for name change around same time.

The "decision made" might be for your replacement of pr card (Under Permanent Residence Application section) for your new last name and now it might should show "Complete" or this section might be vanished if you have received teh replacement PR card quite a while back.

Now currently your online status might show "In Process" with following lines:(Under Citizenship application section):

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on xxxx
2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on xxxx
3. We started processing your application on xxxxx

The 4th line regarding file transfer to local office has disappeared for many members in this forum including myself.

Hopefully you will get your test invite soon.

citizenship_seeker

Star Member
May 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My ECAS status changed to "Decision Made"... no oath letter yet. Wondering how long it will take for that letter to come??

itguy78

Star Member
Dec 1, 2014
Windsor, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
citizenship_seeker said:
My ECAS status changed to "Decision Made"... no oath letter yet. Wondering how long it will take for that letter to come??
Varies by local office and even then it varies... mine took about 1 month.. while some people on the same local office took about 1-2 weeks.

LANCAY

Jan 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thecoolguysam said:
Did you recently receive your PR card with new last name? I think your applied for citizenship and renewal of PR card for name change around same time.

The "decision made" might be for your replacement of pr card (Under Permanent Residence Application section) for your new last name and now it might should show "Complete" or this section might be vanished if you have received teh replacement PR card quite a while back.

Now currently your online status might show "In Process" with following lines:(Under Citizenship application section):

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on xxxx
2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on xxxx
3. We started processing your application on xxxxx

The 4th line regarding file transfer to local office has disappeared for many members in this forum including myself.

Hopefully you will get your test invite soon.

Yes, you're absolutely right! I got my PR CARD with new last name. And yes, waiting for the test invite till now....thanks a lot!!

maysee

Dec 9, 2014
Hello All,

We gave test on 25 june ( family application) , and the status changed to decision made the next day. and yesterday I saw another line added that they sent me a letter for oath , strangely my wife's status also change to decision made on the same day as mine but no line added to her ecas.
I am wondering if cic sent oath letter to myself only , wat about the rest of the family??

cedarjet

Star Member
Mar 13, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
maysee said:
Hello All,

We gave test on 25 june ( family application) , and the status changed to decision made the next day. and yesterday I saw another line added that they sent me a letter for oath , strangely my wife's status also change to decision made on the same day as mine but no line added to her ecas.
I am wondering if cic sent oath letter to myself only , wat about the rest of the family??
It's a family application so everyone receives the oath invitation at the same time in the mail so don't worry

Dgoulding

Dec 15, 2014
Dgoulding said:
My wife and I took the test in Montreal on June 1st. A couple of days later the status went to Decision Made then back to In Process.
Today it has changed back to Decision Made, but no further comment on letter sent etc.
Hoping for an oath invitation soon. I know there are others that took the test in Montreal in a similar timeframe....fingers crossed for good news for all of you! :)
Further update - e-CAS now says a letter was sent on July 9th....hoping to receive the Oath invitation early next week :) ;) :D ;D

sabujit1

Sep 19, 2014
Hi, which local office is used for your application?

Thanks
maysee said:
Hello All,

summer2014

Star Member
Aug 24, 2014
Im so happy this morning when i checked the Ecas. It changed to DM, another line added for Oath for July 30th. The letter was sent out July 9th. I have not received the letter though.
My test was on Mar 26th at Scarborough.
So like they say, the oath is within 2-4 months after test. So your turns will be soon.