+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Decision has been made. How long does it take to receive Landing Paper?

maho413

Dec 2, 2014
i got decision made on feb 3rd too, and got copy of passport and 2 pictures request on 13th, and sent them on feb 16th. i hope to get landing paper soon! :)

pero36

Sep 13, 2014
I am still waiting for CoPR.
Meanwhile, I called CIC twice, but they said this delay was 'standard'.
I also asked help to MP of my area.
MP office transferred CIC's explanation.

"I spoke with the Immigration Minister’s office yesterday.
Their explanation was that there is a big backlog in Ottawa where they do the final processing before sending you the landing papers. They said they’ve added an extra shift to help deal with the backlog but are still not coping with the caseload as well as we might hope.
Currently they are making a decision about whether or not to extend the medical or to ask for a new one. I encouraged them to extend but most cases do result in the client getting an extra medical exam done.
Because of this backlog, they did recommend a renewal of the work permit and told me that I could check back in 30 days for another update."

However, it is funny.
People who get 'decision made' in February and March are landing now.
What is standard delay? Is there real standard in CIC?

bala1

Star Member
Jun 23, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2013
Nomination.....
25-12-2013
AOR Received.
18-02-2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
18-02-2014
Med's Done....
14-03-2014
Passport Req..
Done
VISA ISSUED...
Thank god done
LANDED..........
God is great done
pero36 said:
I am still waiting for CoPR.
Meanwhile, I called CIC twice, but they said this delay was 'standard'.
I also asked help to MP of my area.
MP office transferred CIC's explanation.

"I spoke with the Immigration Minister's office yesterday.
Their explanation was that there is a big backlog in Ottawa where they do the final processing before sending you the landing papers. They said they've added an extra shift to help deal with the backlog but are still not coping with the caseload as well as we might hope.
Currently they are making a decision about whether or not to extend the medical or to ask for a new one. I encouraged them to extend but most cases do result in the client getting an extra medical exam done.
Because of this backlog, they did recommend a renewal of the work permit and told me that I could check back in 30 days for another update."

However, it is funny.
People who get 'decision made' in February and March are landing now.
What is standard delay? Is there real standard in CIC?
Hi can you explain that you got decision made and did they asked for your passport copy as I think you r from visa exemption country
So they r asking for to do emedicals after decision made and passport request

pero36

Sep 13, 2014
bala1 said:
Hi can you explain that you got decision made and did they asked for your passport copy as I think you r from visa exemption country
So they r asking for to do emedicals after decision made and passport request
I am from South Korea. Most Korean applicants haven't been asked passport request.
As of March 30, 2015, I am still waiting for CoPR or additional request from CIC.
As I mentioned previously, MP Office contacted CIC for me, but CIC didn't explain any reason of this delay and backlog.
Additionally, I made a contract with Immigration Consulting Company due to this problem.
They tried to contact the manager of Ottawa Case Processing Office, but it has been difficult to communicate with him/her.

I don't know there are other people on the same boat.
Is anybody else who has or had the same problem?

smithlee

Nov 15, 2014
Hi, there.
-My E-cas shows me that a decision for my PR application has been made since Jan 27
-How long does it take to get the paper from CIC?
-I send the my passport and my wife child passport to CIC 4th march received
-how long wait to returned passport? with landing paper
-Somebody told me it could be taken two weeks or longer???
-I am pally PNP&PR bin bc
how almost 4week going please any reply
I m worry to much :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'
(

smithlee

Nov 15, 2014
passport send cic 4march2015 anyone waiting still Batch

dear friends
-My E-cas shows me that a decision for my PR application has been made since Jan 27
-How long does it take to get the paper from CIC?
-I send the my passport and my wife child passport to CIC 4th march received
-how long wait to returned passport? with landing paper
-Somebody told me it could be taken two weeks or longer???
-I am applied PNP&PR bc
how almost 4 week going please any reply
I m worry to much :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'
(
[/quote]

pero36

Sep 13, 2014
Two weeks ago, I received GCMS information from CIC.
It shows me two facts about my case.

1. My application has been approved
2. CofPR(Landing Paper) is not able to be sent due to my medical exam result expired on March 7, 2015.

On last page of GCMS information, there are some NOTE between immigration officers.

On January 27, 2015, an immigration officer at Ottawa who carried my application asked Sydney, Centralized Intake Office, to send CofPR to me.
On February 13, 2015, an immigration officer at Sydney made note for Ottawa: "Unable to send CofPR because the applicant's medical exam will be expired within a month.

I took medical exam on March 7, 2014.

I called CIC Call Centre immediately, but a representative told me, "CIC will send extra medical exam request soon"

However, I don't get any request or CofPR yet.

What am I supposed to do?

Nobody helps me here?

cosmo777

Star Member
May 15, 2014
Hi Pero,

Based on your GCMS notes I'd say you'll be asked to re-do your Medical exam or, if you're lucky, your old Medical results will be re-assessed by CIC and if everything is fine you'll be sent your COPR without having to undergo a new exam.

My best guess is that CIC will re-assess your first set of Medical results (from Mar 2014) and in a month or so you'll get the passport request or your COPR.

Just to clarify, you did not already send your passport to Ottawa even though you've had DM for a few months now?

pero36

Sep 13, 2014
cosmo777 said:
Hi Pero,

Based on your GCMS notes I'd say you'll be asked to re-do your Medical exam or, if you're lucky, your old Medical results will be re-assessed by CIC and if everything is fine you'll be sent your COPR without having to undergo a new exam.

My best guess is that CIC will re-assess your first set of Medical results (from Mar 2014) and in a month or so you'll get the passport request or your COPR.

Just to clarify, you did not already send your passport to Ottawa even though you've had DM for a few months now?
I am from South Korea so don't need to send a copy of passport. Indeed, I don't get any request of extra medical exam or passport yet. I hope your best guess is right.
Thanks.