+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

[DECEMBER] Online Citizenship Applicants

Gemini020

Oct 11, 2015
Ah k. Yah, it can't be used. Has to be either your passport or a travel document issued by either your other country or Canada.
well unfortunately I'll never know if this will solve the issue. My boss wrote a letter in support of an urgent processing so I'm going the paper route I guess.

Or does anyone know if an online application can be processed urgently?

Gemini020

Oct 11, 2015
Yeah mate same. It's so sad really. Alexa has been looping despacito here
Have you managed to apply online yet? So I found one mistake I made by adding my PR card to travel documents. Did you do that by any chance? I am not going to try again because I think I have enough prove to request urgent processing.

SNGHL_2013

Mar 26, 2013
Hi All, from where to get digital photo? I tried costco walmart and superstore ,they all say they dont provide digital photo. Independent studios are closed due to Covid in mississauga. Anyone knows where can i get digital photo in mississauga?

1+1=11

Dec 4, 2020
So I just found out that your PR card is apparently not a travel document while I did enter it. I wonder if that could be why it's failing? Did others do this? And this you fail or succeed?
I could try but now I'm wondering if I should apply on paper as I'm trying for an urgent application
Wouldn't it be better for you to submit a paper-based application given yours is an urgent one?

Gemini020

Oct 11, 2015
Wouldn't it be better for you to submit a paper-based application given yours is an urgent one?
Yes that's what I'm going to do. Haha well that was a lot of wasted energy and frustration, and a bit of money. I just got a letter from my employer today so that tipped the balance

Thanks for your comment though.

Reactions: 1+1=11

engray

Champion Member
Jul 20, 2018
Hi All, from where to get digital photo? I tried costco walmart and superstore ,they all say they dont provide digital photo. Independent studios are closed due to Covid in mississauga. Anyone knows where can i get digital photo in mississauga?
Do you have access to a scanner? You can scan the photo. I have been doing that since I was a student to apply for Visa online.

engray

Champion Member
Jul 20, 2018
Thanks for the reply. Citizenship online website specifically reads as "do not upload scanned photo"
Ooh sorry then, are there any specifications for the photo like it should be taken by a professional studio? Maybe try contacting freelancer photographers in your area.

1+1=11

Dec 4, 2020
Yes that's what I'm going to do. Haha well that was a lot of wasted energy and frustration, and a bit of money. I just got a letter from my employer today so that tipped the balance

Thanks for your comment though.
Haha yeah I can understand. I was in the same boat as you, I have sufficient grounds for urgent processing but I didn't know which method to apply under. I think I'll be going ahead and couriering my application package tomorrow. At least it gets sent to the attention of urgent processing which gives me the impression that may have a slight advantage over online - a relatively unchartered territory at this time.

Dec 4, 2020
I received AOR for my paper application today which was submitted in September. Sucks a little because I was hoping they would pick up my online application instead.

@Gemini020 Agree. Paper is your best bet for urgent processing. Urgent applicants have received acknowledgement within a week.b

JHT

Star Member
Sep 4, 2020
I received AOR for my paper application today which was submitted in September. Sucks a little because I was hoping they would pick up my online application instead.

@Gemini020 Agree. Paper is your best bet for urgent processing. Urgent applicants have received acknowledgement within a week.b
I think it goes without saying

it’s better for everyone’s sake to apply only once

, unless there is no way for IRCC to update your application or you have not received AOR in a reasonable timeframe without any Proper update.

Avocado22

Mar 29, 2017
Hi all. I’m about to submit my application. Quick question though about the section regarding physical presence. I’m from the States and visited Canada numerous times before even applying for my PR, but those days are within the 5 year period. I got my PR 3 years ago and actually entered Canada about 5 months before getting my PR. Because I’m from the States, I never had a visitor visa. I just came across and didn’t work until I received my PR. Do I have to count these pre-PR days towards physical presence? I don’t need them to reach the required days. but will report these visit days if I’m supposed to. I’m not sure since I never had a visa.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Hi all. I’m about to submit my application. Quick question though about the section regarding physical presence. I’m from the States and visited Canada numerous times before even applying for my PR, but those days are within the 5 year period. I got my PR 3 years ago and actually entered Canada about 5 months before getting my PR. Because I’m from the States, I never had a visitor visa. I just came across and didn’t work until I received my PR. Do I have to count these pre-PR days towards physical presence? I don’t need them to reach the required days. but will report these visit days if I’m supposed to. I’m not sure since I never had a visa.
Eligibility is 5 years prior to your application date hence you should be including all the days you were inside Canada. It doesnt matter if you need those days for your 1095 count or not.
With visa or without visa, inside canada all are given temporary immigration status which is same for all persons irrelevant of visa waiver passport or not. Visa is only useful to reach the border for visa non-waiver countries but after that everyone is identified inside the system as same.

Reactions: Avocado22
Dec 4, 2020
Eligibility is 5 years prior to your application date hence you should be including all the days you were inside Canada. It doesnt matter if you need those days for your 1095 count or not.
With visa or without visa, inside canada all are given temporary immigration status which is same for all persons irrelevant of visa waiver passport or not. Visa is only useful to reach the border for visa non-waiver countries but after that everyone is identified inside the system as same.
So how does CIC establishes if a person was actually present in the country or not? They don't stamp passports while crossing between US/Canada and it's nearly impossible to maintain a record of every entry/exit over a 5 yr period if you are frequenting.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
So how does CIC establishes if a person was actually present in the country or not? They don't stamp passports while crossing between US/Canada and it's nearly impossible to maintain a record of every entry/exit over a 5 yr period if you are frequenting.
CIC officer gets the details from cbsa. We have the checkbox to consent to get the records.

I commute daily(till precovid) from Canada to US from 2017 hence i have 100z of entries without the entry stamp of Canada/US. We all can see the I94 history in US side which the exits are shared with Canada and CBSA records will have all entry and exit details. Even though US never stamp while exiting, we can see that we exited and entered canada because cbsa shared the entry details to US so that US records the exits.

Its not nearly impossible to maintain unless one did not plan for it. I have all the records of entries as i update my own google sheet since the day 1 of my Canada PR.

Even if you dont have the travel history then get the US side records (from https://foiaonline.gov/foiaonline/action/public/home) and you can know the dates. We are discouraged getting the records from cbsa for citizenship purpose hence get it from US side.

Last edited: