+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December AOR 2017 - join here.

RockyStar1985

Star Member
Apr 20, 2017
Hi All,

After 4 months, I’ve finally received the golden email from London Visa office (I am currently living in Ireland with Indian passport).

Now I have couple of questions to the experienced people.

1) I need to submit my Indian passport to VAC in London by Post within 30 days, does anyone know how long will it take for them to give visa/pr travel document?

2) My medical was done last year in June’17, so I suppose visa office will give me the visa with expiry date of June’18. Do I need to travel before June’18 to Canada because that’ll be neck to neck if I get my visa by May end (assuming 5-6 weeks processing time).

Is it possible to extend the validity of this by submitting a new medical record?

3) Is there someone on this group who has dealt with london VAC on submitting the passports (charges on VAC website are crazy, somewhere around 76 pound for courier delivery one way in Nordic region).

Thanks and looking forward for some clarification.

Best wishes.

Reactions: Nobatia and bbq_g3

bbq_g3

Star Member
Nov 13, 2017
Hi All,

After 4 months, I’ve finally received the golden email from London Visa office (I am currently living in Ireland with Indian passport).

1) I need to submit my Indian passport to VAC in London by Post within 30 days, does anyone know how long will it take for them to give visa/pr travel document?

2) My medical was done last year in June’17, so I suppose visa office will give me the visa with expiry date of June’18. Do I need to travel before June’18 to Canada because that’ll be neck to neck if I get my visa by May end (assuming 5-6 weeks processing time).

Is it possible to extend the validity of this by submitting a new medical record?

3) Is there someone on this group who has dealt with london VAC on submitting the passports (charges on VAC website are crazy, somewhere around 76 pound for courier delivery one way in Nordic region).

Best wishes.
Congrats!

CANPRI

Apr 17, 2017
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Hey everyone
Cam anyone tell.me how much time does NDVO take for giving the decision ?
I just came to know my case is in New Delhi visa office
AOR ;20th DEC 2017
Thanks
Gary
Did you raise a cse for it?

Reactions: gary007

mapleleaf987

Jun 29, 2017
Hey everyone
Cam anyone tell.me how much time does NDVO take for giving the decision ?
I just came to know my case is in New Delhi visa office
AOR ;20th DEC 2017
Thanks
Gary
like everything associated with this process.. even the time taken by NDVO is unpredictable. as per immitracker the avg for NDVO is 125 days from AOR. my file moved to NDVO around 9th feb and i am still waiting... AOR 21 dec..... so there is really no timeframe...

Reactions: gary007

Dscpl1

Star Member
Dec 22, 2017
Hi All,

Best wishes.
Congratulations on your PPR.
To your questions.
1. London stamps passports within few days so you should have your passport back within 7 days.
2. Your visa expiry will be June 17 not 18 and you have to land in Canada on or before that date.
3. The visa expiry date cannot be extended. If you miss it, that is PR gone. It will be stated clearly on your COPR.
4. The charges are high but it is not upto what you've already spent to get to this point.
I wish you the very best.

Reactions: RockyStar1985

Dscpl1

Star Member
Dec 22, 2017
wouldn't the visa expiry be June 18 since the medicals were done in 2017?

also I am wondering if @RockyStar1985 has the option of requesting a change in VO for stamping of COPR..ive read this in a couple threads for applicants who are travelling..
If the medical was done 17th June 2017, the visa will expire 17th June 2018. If @Rockstar1985 is in Ireland the only visa office available is London. I don't think there is a need for a change of visa office

Last edited:
Reactions: RockyStar1985

Tehseen_aslam

Jan 18, 2018
Dears.. I am filling out eapr and have a confusion if someone can help on this... I got a rejection on PR NZ application ealier. The application included my spouse as well. Now in EAPR, for spouse do I need to answer yes in Spouse statutory question "Has [applicant] been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?"

smart_eagle

Star Member
Feb 27, 2018
Dears.. I am filling out eapr and have a confusion if someone can help on this... I got a rejection on PR NZ application ealier. The application included my spouse as well. Now in EAPR, for spouse do I need to answer yes in Spouse statutory question "Has [applicant] been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?"
yeah, just answer yes and explain the situation in LOE. this is fairly common, nothing to worry about.