+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2023 Inland Spousal Sponsorship

sidhuripudaman

Star Member
Sep 4, 2019
Does anyone know if we are able to link application to IRCC account yet? I have my UCI number from before. I gave it a shot once before but it didn't work, so I just put it to that I need to wait for AOR.

123applicant

Dec 20, 2023
Does anyone know if we are able to link application to IRCC account yet? I have my UCI number from before. I gave it a shot once before but it didn't work, so I just put it to that I need to wait for AOR.
I tried but it didn’t work for me either, even with AOR.
Planning on trying after the holidays.

damientian

Dec 19, 2023
Hello, here is my situation :

Inland Quebec spouse sponsorship
Submitted on 12 Dec 2023
Still waiting for AOR

Hope everyone best of luck !

Reactions: AmalJ
Dec 9, 2023
Hello!

I submitted the application on Dec.7th, 2023. Until today (Dec. 21st), I have not received the AOR yet which is normal.

My open work permit will expire on Jan.05th, 2024. This Saturday (Dec. 23rd, 2023), I am planning to go to the border (Saint-Bernard-de-Lacolle). I hope that I could apply for sponsored OWP without AOR at the border. I know the chance is almost zero...But I still want to try it. If impossible, I will apply for a visitor record at the border. Then I will apply OWP online without AOR which is allowed. I will keep you updated...

sidhuripudaman

Star Member
Sep 4, 2019
Hello!

I submitted the application on Dec.7th, 2023. Until today (Dec. 21st), I have not received the AOR yet which is normal.

My open work permit will expire on Jan.05th, 2024. This Saturday (Dec. 23rd, 2023), I am planning to go to the border (Saint-Bernard-de-Lacolle). I hope that I could apply for sponsored OWP without AOR at the border. I know the chance is almost zero...But I still want to try it. If impossible, I will apply for a visitor record at the border. Then I will apply OWP online without AOR which is allowed. I will keep you updated...
Does your visa stamp expire as well?

Dec 9, 2023
Does your visa stamp expire as well?
My last entry was May 30, 2023. I did not got the entry stamp on my passport since now it was all done in the machine. I checked the information online, and it was said that without a stamp, the normal period is 6 months.

So my visa stamp expired already.

sidhuripudaman

Star Member
Sep 4, 2019
My last entry was May 30, 2023. I did not got the entry stamp on my passport since now it was all done in the machine. I checked the information online, and it was said that without a stamp, the normal period is 6 months.

So my visa stamp expired already.
I think either me or you are confusing something. You have your work permit but there should also be a VISA stamp on your passport what kind of stamp is it? You cannot enter into Canada without one. Just to clarify what I mean is like the counterfoil not the immigration stamp.

Dec 9, 2023
I think either me or you are confusing something. You have your work permit but there should also be a VISA stamp on your passport what kind of stamp is it? You cannot enter into Canada without one. Just to clarify what I mean is like the counterfoil not the immigration stamp.
Yes. I have a visa (W1) for my work permit. It will be expired on Jan. 5 2024. The same expiry date for my current open work permit.

In addition, I also have a visitor visa (10years). It will be expired probably in 2027.

My situation might be a bit complicated...