+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2023 - Citizenship Applications

jananicmouli

Star Member
Aug 3, 2021
Hi Janani,
If you don't mind me asking, what are you basing this feeling on?
Just based on a lot of people getting oaths while some are waiting for LPP.. Maybe this is the trend, maybe not..

Nothing is set in stone, especially with IRCC. So purely based on what I felt/thought.

Monark20

Star Member
Jan 31, 2021
Brampton, ON Canada
Category........
PNP
Was the application updated for both applicants? In my case, my wife's lpp and everything was completed on April 10, except ceremony. For me, nothing is completed after the test.
Yes. For me and my wife everything updates at the same time. I have ordered my wife's notes yesterday to see if her notes mentions anything that is affecting the processing of my application.

Reactions: kyoussef

kyoussef

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
Yes. For me and my wife everything updates at the same time. I have ordered my wife's notes yesterday to see if her notes mentions anything that is affecting the processing of my application.
Sounds good, I will request mine tomorrow then.
It’s frustrating that no updates for almost a month now from Miss office. It looks like it is not application specific.

Loh875134

Mar 26, 2024
I did my online citizenship ceremony on May 08, 2024 in Calgary and submitted my Oath Form the same day to the IRCC Calgary email address and I got 2 automatic email responses but I haven’t been able to download my e- certificate as at now, please has anyone been able to download their e certificate yet?

Paul48

Star Member
Dec 19, 2017
I did my online citizenship ceremony on May 08, 2024 in Calgary and submitted my Oath Form the same day to the IRCC Calgary email address and I got 2 automatic email responses but I haven’t been able to download my e- certificate as at now, please has anyone been able to download their e certificate yet?
It can take up to 5 business days, and 2 business days as a bare minimum. You're good :)

Reactions: Loh875134

shooter117

Jan 29, 2020
has anyone here got a request for passport copy? we got one last week, but the id was CIT PNT passport request. The test came from Niagara falls office and all the apps from my city do go to Niagara falls office, but strangely this passport copy request came from a different office (PNT refers to Prairies?). Does it mean the office has been changed or something else? Any idea what happens from here?
Hi Did you receive an update on your process after providing passport scan? I also received a request letter from the DN PNT office, and the test invitation came from NGF.

devcicuser

Jan 11, 2024
Hi Did you receive an update on your process after providing passport scan? I also received a request letter from the DN PNT office, and the test invitation came from NGF.
yes, LPP was cleared 3 weeks after submitting passport scans and oath is scheduled later this month. Oath invite came from MBSK (Manitoba) office. Your case likely shifted to Manitoba office from Niagara falls office. From our experience, it will add a month's delay compared to being processed directly by Niagara, but it should be done eventually.

Reactions: shooter117

Saba321

Jan 26, 2018
Ceremony letter received (May 8), in-person ceremony. Citizenship certificate will be given at the ceremony. Good luck to those who are still waiting.
I have been scheduled for inperson ceremony and I have 2 minors but I haven't received any e-certificate to download.. I have 3 different emails all had ceremony invitation and consent form.. am I missing something please suggest

cmcalister

Star Member
Jan 27, 2019
We were able to download our certificates tonight around 7pm and our ceremony was May 8th as well

fièrementcanadien

Jan 31, 2024
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
Completed the oath ceremony today.
Wish everyone all the best and I think IRCC is moving fast now to clear the backlog so the waith should not be that long (even though it is frustrating!).

Now on to the passport application:)
congratulations, Mark. Wonderful news and couldn't be happier for you. Enjoy!

Reactions: mark56