+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2023 - Citizenship Applications

elkapelka

Star Member
Nov 27, 2021
For those whose applications are stuck, if it's any consolation I'm in the same situation. Background completed on April 8, and since then silence. Waiting for LPP.

aol2024

Apr 16, 2024
We are in.the same.boat. my processing office is Surre
:confused:I don't know what happen to my file it's stuck
Aor 28 dec 2023
2 feb Citizenship test ✔
3 feb Fingerprints done ✔
25 feb Fingerprints recieved ✔
GU on 29 March
GU on 5 April
Background: IN PROGRESS
LPP: IN PROGRESS
We are in the same boat. My application is being processed at Surrey office and I have similar timeline. Background and LPP are in progress. I got two GU: March 30 and April 5.

Abhinav503

May 19, 2017
Office: Scarborough
Application: Online (Citizenship)
Application Date: Dec-25, 2023
AOR Date: Jan-10, 2024
In Process (tracker): Jan-12, 2024
Test Invite: Feb-05, 2024
Test Schedule: Feb-08 to Mar-08, 2024
Test Taken: 19-Feb
Test Completed on Tracker: 22-Feb
Background Check: 10-Apr
LPP Completed: 08-May
Decision Made: 08-May
Oath Ceremony: 29-May (Ceremony: Ceremony in progress (scheduled for citizenship ceremony May 23) - May 6 (updated on tracker May 8) email instructions not received yet. )

JLC123

Star Member
May 22, 2021
Me too. I applied on December 9, 2023. Only background checks and Tests are clear. A friend applied in May and Got a Ceremony Letter Now. I have no idea why Some take so long, and others do not.

DavidRebollo

Star Member
Mar 10, 2021
Me too. I applied on December 9, 2023. Only background checks and Tests are clear. A friend applied in May and Got a Ceremony Letter Now. I have no idea why Some take so long, and others do not.
This is normal. Everything is weird. No sense at all. The only thing is to wait. In my case, I have everything completed except oath, my wife still has background in progress as they asked her for fingerprints and they did not ask me for fingerprints. Why? you never know, we almost didn't leave the country for more than one month in 5 years. Now, we have to wait until they receive her fingerprints, process and complete her background. And now i see that for our kids, prohibitions and physical presence are completed and background check and language skills are in progress heheh.

Lyon37

Star Member
Oct 5, 2016
Nomination.....
N/A
Normally after the tracker is updated for an oath ceremony, how long does it take for people to receive the official invite? Are most invites these days for in-person ceremonies or for virtual ceremonies?

I am curious as I wait. :)

nikki89

Jul 17, 2014
My background check was completed on April 2nd and since then, no news. Just wonder why LPP take so long. Anyone has a similar time like me?
  • Apr 2, 2024
    Activity status updated: Background verification status has been updated to Completed.
  • Mar 4, 2024
    Fingerprint results: Received We received your fingerprint information on March 4, 2024 and will review them shortly. Thank you!
  • Feb 22, 2024
    Activity status updated: Citizenship test Citizenship test Citizenship test status has been updated to Completed.

DavidRebollo

Star Member
Mar 10, 2021
My background check was completed on April 2nd and since then, no news. Just wonder why LPP take so long. Anyone has a similar time like me?
  • Apr 2, 2024
    Activity status updated: Background verification status has been updated to Completed.
  • Mar 4, 2024
    Fingerprint results: Received We received your fingerprint information on March 4, 2024 and will review them shortly. Thank you!
  • Feb 22, 2024
    Activity status updated: Citizenship test Citizenship test Citizenship test status has been updated to Completed.
It takes almost one month from receiving fingerprints until the background check is completed and probably 3 more weeks between the time you give them to the day the tracker say that they have received them. This is almost two months more.

idkme

Apr 29, 2023
Finally !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SINGLE APPLICATION
Vancouver office
application sent on dec 16
aor : jan 04
citizenship test completed : feb 27
background completed : mar 14
LPP : April 23
Citizenship Ceremony : Schedule for May 30 ( tracker updated on May 08 )

Good Luck Everyone :)

nikki89

Jul 17, 2014
It takes almost one month from receiving fingerprints until the background check is completed and probably 3 more weeks between the time you give them to the day the tracker say that they have received them. This is almost two months more.
do you have a similar timeline too? I saw cic often update the trackers after Thursdays. Other people have their backgrounds checked and in just a few more days they have LPP completed. Not sure how long more we have to wait?

Elivy

Feb 18, 2021
Montreal
My background got completed on the April 16th and they received fingerprints on April 30th. The question is.... what was the point of making me do it :D

Jiss

May 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 13,2015
Doc's Request.
Nov 9,2015
AOR Received.
July 8,2015
Med's Request
Received
Med's Done....
April 20, 2015
Passport Req..
Jan 29,2016
Finally !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SINGLE APPLICATION
Vancouver office
application sent on dec 16
aor : jan 04
citizenship test completed : feb 27
background completed : mar 14
LPP : April 23
Citizenship Ceremony : Schedule for May 30 ( tracker updated on May 08 )

Good Luck Everyone :)
same timeline. Aor Jan 04.. oath scheduled may 30. Did you get email yet?

harshj96

Apr 7, 2017
do you have a similar timeline too? I saw cic often update the trackers after Thursdays. Other people have their backgrounds checked and in just a few more days they have LPP completed. Not sure how long more we have to wait?
I've seen a trend for Thursdays as well! Every Thursday I wait in anticipation of an update lol