+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2023 - Citizenship Applications

DavidRebollo

Star Member
Mar 10, 2021
They requested FP for my wife which she gave them two weeks ago. For our surprise, we had an update today, we did not receive that FP were received, however, the update was that background check was completed. So for now She and I have everything completed except oath ceremony not started.

jananicmouli

Star Member
Aug 3, 2021
So I basically encountered a "nail in the coffin" situation with the IRCC agents today;

I emailed the Mississauga office email last week regarding my oath status and my good time it got escalated to the supervisor.. Therefore I got an email yesterday as a follow-up saying my file has been GRANTED and I will be scheduled for oath shortly. So, I called the 1800 number to see what the agents finally have to say.. And guess what... they say the same old stuff that though I have everything completed that my app is still IN-PROCESS.

Now, I thoroughly believe we will even get updates even before the IRCC call centre agents do (I experienced the same thing when I inquired about BG check). I really think there is absolutely no point in inquiring with the agents for an update unless maybe you get MP involved as you pass the processing time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Monark20

jsbach

Apr 10, 2024
So I basically encountered a "nail in the coffin" situation with the IRCC agents today;

I emailed the Mississauga office email last week regarding my oath status and my good time it got escalated to the supervisor.. Therefore I got an email yesterday as a follow-up saying my file has been GRANTED and I will be scheduled for oath shortly. So, I called the 1800 number to see what the agents finally have to say.. And guess what... they say the same old stuff that though I have everything completed that my app is still IN-PROCESS.

Now, I thoroughly believe we will even get updates even before the IRCC call centre agents do (same thing I experienced when I inquired about BG check). I really think there is absolutely no point in inquiring with the agents for an update unless maybe you get MP involved as you pass the processing time.
Would you mind to share which email address to connect with MIS office? I tried a few times with test email, but never got feedback.

Reactions: jananicmouli

appli567

May 16, 2024
Hi, Do you mind sharing the email you reached out to MIS office. I have a similar profile - Applied in dec 2023, lpp completed march 09 and bg in april 12, All completed except oath as of now.

Reactions: billsnjays416

Baanayaad

Mar 5, 2011
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28/07/14 (AINP), 12/02/16 (CIC)
Doc's Request.
13/07/16
Nomination.....
22/08/15
AOR Received.
21/04/16
Med's Done....
10-01-2017 (passed)
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
28-06-2017
Ceremony done today. About 80 of us.

All the best to everyone still waiting.
I am curious; where was it held and what was it like in person? Congrats!

M23

May 4, 2024

Now, I thoroughly believe we will even get updates even before the IRCC call centre agents do (I experienced the same thing when I inquired about BG check). I really think there is absolutely no point in inquiring with the agents for an update unless maybe you get MP involved as you pass the processing time.
Do you mind sharing the email? I also tried the test email but haven’t gotten a response. I’m in similar situation

Reactions: jananicmouli

Twee

Oct 31, 2018
Mark 2 weeks of LPP completed with Oath Not Started. I feel a little bit of sadness dispite many years dealing with and experiencing delay with IRCC's processing :cool:

• Haha
Reactions: fièrementcanadien

kyoussef

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
I am getting worried. Is it normal for the background to not be completed after they received the FPs by 7 weeks now?