+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

<<<<<<<< December 2023 AOR >>>>>>>>

Tluciano

Dec 19, 2023
When I called them, they said the same thing to me. They said my eligibility as a candidate has passed. But I am not sure if it's same as normal eligibility. I still haven't received BIL and my UCI is still the temporary one.

AOR: December 15
Stream: CEC Inland, Non-PNP
I see! I thought it meant some progress, but seeing people from November getting the BIL and MED request just now, I am not sure.
Let’s wait, then

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Called IRCC today. The agent said my eligibility is completed and background is in progress. She also informe my application has been in Sydney.

AOR 15th FSW

Eligibility completed is same as passed?
yes, unless it is marked "review required" in which case there's a chance that another officer can reopen eligibility.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Understood.

but nothing was updated in the Gkey yet.. I just have this information because I called them..
GCKey is a legacy tool that was not created to support faster processing that we see these days(<6 months is fast for GCKey). That's why nothing will ever get updated on it (unless you get final decision).

Reactions: Tluciano

computerscience23

Jul 4, 2020
@iSaidGoodDay what do you think about this? how is it possible to have eligibility passed without BIL and temporary UCI? Have they changed the process or something? What's the difference between "eligibility as a candidate" and "normal eligibility"?

When I called them, they said the same thing to me. They said my eligibility as a candidate has passed. But I am not sure if it's same as normal eligibility. I still haven't received BIL and my UCI is still the temporary one.

Jan 5, 2024
Aor: dec 14 pnp inland
Biometrics passed :24 jan
Medical: 24 jan
Eligibilty not started
Backgroung check in progress

when I first called ircc before biometrics, they told I had cleared eliibility but on tracker it shows not started.. so probably eligibilty starts after opening the file.

anybody on same boat? Also how long does it take for eligibilty to get passed.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
@iSaidGoodDay what do you think about this? how is it possible to have eligibility passed without BIL and temporary UCI? Have they changed the process or something? What's the difference between "eligibility as a candidate" and "normal eligibility"?

If you read through recent AOR threads, eligibility and background check in progress before MEP or BIL is happening. It also used to happen before 2018 as well.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Aor: dec 14 pnp inland
Biometrics passed :24 jan
Medical: 24 jan
Eligibilty not started
Backgroung check in progress

when I first called ircc before biometrics, they told I had cleared eliibility but on tracker it shows not started.. so probably eligibilty starts after opening the file.

anybody on same boat? Also how long does it take for eligibilty to get passed.
You have passed eligibility if the agent says so. My eligibility and background checked weren't even in progress on tracker when I got my approval email. The agents have a slightly better visibility than PR tracker.

Reactions: Swiftieforever
Jan 5, 2024
You have passed eligibility if the agent says so. My eligibility and background checked weren't even in progress on tracker when I got my approval email. The agents have a slightly better visibility than PR tracker.
I will maybe call in a few days .. cuz the first time i called them, I hadn’t received the biometrics or medical.. also I forgot to mention the agent had also said that no officer has opened my file yet.

navneesh12

Jan 26, 2024
I got my BIL yesterday(PNP Outland, AOR is 16 Dec), but I did not receive a medical request, and the "Review of medical results" section is blank with no message. Anyone aware of this?

algerianboy

Jan 19, 2024
yes, unless it is marked "review required" in which case there's a chance that another officer can reopen eligibility.
But if it's review required then it should not show "completed" right? I imagine it only shows completed when you have actually passed the eligbility?

computerscience23

Jul 4, 2020
If you read through recent AOR threads, eligibility and background check in progress before MEP or BIL is happening. It also used to happen before 2018 as well.
Makes sense, thank you!!

but do you happen to know the difference between "candidate eligibility" and "normal eligibility"? I've called them twice and one time they said I've passed "eligibility" and second time they said I've passed "candidate eligibility".