+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2022 - Citizenship Applicants

captainplanetjuniorz

Nov 13, 2023
We have a similar timeline and almost the same case. AOR in January and test in April. Wifey’s background went green but mine is still in progress. We both have FP request but that doesn’t show up on tracker.

I did request GCMS couple of months back. Doesn’t show a lot. Shows that the criminality is passed but security is pending. Security part is also redacted in the document.

Also spoke to IRCC and they said everything seems be in order and there is nothing to worry. Application is within prescribed processing timeline.
did you receive any email confirmation from RCMP or anybody else about your FP? What is the prescribed timeline? What are you going to do next? Just asking as I might get some ideas lol.

rizmustafa

Star Member
May 14, 2017
Did you get your MP to ask about the file? Did you submit fingerprint and received confirmation?
MP can only call in to IRCC and find out the status of your application on your behalf. If the application is within processing timeline, there isn’t much you can do.

I didn’t mention this in my earlier message but the GCMS notes do show whether your fingerprints were received.

rizmustafa

Star Member
May 14, 2017
did you receive any email confirmation from RCMP or anybody else about your FP? What is the prescribed timeline? What are you going to do next? Just asking as I might get some ideas lol.
No I didn't get confirmation email from RCMP - saw this information on GCMS notes, essentially which led to criminality being passed.
Currently, the timeline for processing applications is 17 months

captainplanetjuniorz

Nov 13, 2023
No I didn't get confirmation email from RCMP - saw this information on GCMS notes, essentially which led to criminality being passed.
Currently, the timeline for processing applications is 17 months
Thanks for sharing. I’ve applied for GCMS notes with both IRCC and CBSA. Let’s see what turns out. The wait is really quite unnerving.

kyra15734

Star Member
Dec 21, 2020
Update on my application, finally!!

Date applied: Dec 28, 2022
AoR: Jan 13, 2023
Test (from outside Canada): Apr 4, 2023
Test marked complete: Apr 5, 2023
Loooonngggg pause
PII Interview: Nov 10, 2023
Language & Prohibitions: Marked complete as of Nov 10, 2023 (saw the update on the tracker on Nov 14, 2023)
Physical Presence: still in progress

carling

Star Member
Jan 17, 2017
Update: I logged into tracker and Oath has been scheduled for December... Does anyone how long does it take to get instructions/details for the Oath ceremony.
Received the instructions to download citizenship certificate after the oath. However, I still don't have instructions for the ceremony. Does anyone knows how long does it take to receive the email with instructions?

CAPTAINSTUK

Oct 14, 2023

Loooonngggg pause
Language & Prohibitions: Marked complete as of Nov 10, 2023 (saw the update on the tracker on Nov 14, 2023)
First of all, congratulations! I am genuinely glad to hear someone from the the RC-8090 group reporting any progress.

Mind if I ask if you passed your Background check back in April?

Many of us in the RC-8090 group are stuck in Security; I personally took the Citizenship test back in March and heard nothing since. My GSMC notes indicate Security in progress.

Thank you for sharing the update.

kyra15734

Star Member
Dec 21, 2020
First of all, congratulations! I am genuinely glad to hear someone from the the RC-8090 group reporting any progress.

Mind if I ask if you passed your Background check back in April?

Many of us in the RC-8090 group are stuck in Security; I personally took the Citizenship test back in March and heard nothing since. My GSMC notes indicate Security in progress.

Thank you for sharing the update.
Thank you :)

My background check was done back in March (Mar 9th, and the update showed up on my tracker account on Mar 11th)

CABA

Jan 14, 2016

Loooonngggg pause
what did they ask in interview? my partner has one scheduled for 24th

kyra15734

Star Member
Dec 21, 2020
what did they ask in interview? my partner has one scheduled for 24th
I attended it from outside Canada via Microsoft Teams. It was for 15 minutes. The interviewer had a couple of questions about my Non PR time in Canada, and I explained it. The interviewer also asked if I'd be able to come to Canada (be physically present in Canada) for the oath ceremony, to which I replied Yes.

Reactions: CABA

rizmustafa

Star Member
May 14, 2017
Something that I have noticed in GCMS notes. There is usually a deadline date attached to various tasks that are in progress. For example, I have seen some tasks with a deadline of January 2024. Also noticed that some of the earlier tasks were completed on the day when they were due. So I am assuming and hoping that this deadline will be when the application is completely processed and we move to the next steps.

Has anyone else come across this when reading through GCMS notes?

flipper11

Star Member
Feb 22, 2023
Something that I have noticed in GCMS notes. There is usually a deadline date attached to various tasks that are in progress. For example, I have seen some tasks with a deadline of January 2024. Also noticed that some of the earlier tasks were completed on the day when they were due. So I am assuming and hoping that this deadline will be when the application is completely processed and we move to the next steps.

Has anyone else come across this when reading through GCMS notes?
My due dates meant nothing after the test. Was stuck at lpp for 10 months. (Done now tho)

Reactions: rizmustafa

pvasishta

Jun 4, 2019
Hello All,
Generally how much time it take to get the oath invite after LPP is marked completed. I heard from a friend that his LPP was marked completed in June but hasnt received oath invite yet.
Thank you