+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2019 - Citizenship Application

taivoi

Jul 4, 2011
Visa Office......
Singapore
I feel like till the time you get In Process your application status still hangs in the balance of acceptance vs rejection. I was reading about it online In process is when your application is sent to the local office and they check that all documents are correct. Before that, your application can be rejected. I have got AOR but I am just a little bit skeptical about In process. Is my understanding correct?
Before AOR, CIC either return an application or send AOR. After in process, an application will not be returned, it will come out as decision made : approved or rejected, unless an applicant withdraw an application, this is how i understand the process. Hope it will help.

Bains87

Sep 4, 2014
Before AOR, CIC either return an application or send AOR. After in process, an application will not be returned, it will come out as decision made : approved or rejected, unless an applicant withdraw an application, this is how i understand the process. Hope it will help.
I think my confusion is with what happens between AOR & In Process.. suppose you have AOR but still waiting for In Process

taivoi

Jul 4, 2011
Visa Office......
Singapore
I think my confusion is with what happens between AOR & In Process.. suppose you have AOR but still waiting for In Process
I guess, AOR sent out by Sydney main office. After that then they send applications to local cic offices then assign to officers, stay in queues ( that is where between aor and in process) once the officer opens the file and process, it is “in process” .

wp14

Jun 25, 2012
How long it took to get the response on your first Webform request? Though I had submitted all the documents for my kid, I still didn't understand what can possibly be the second identification document.
it took 5 days to get the reply.

This is what the accept as id for minors -

Two (2) pieces of the child’s personal identification

Both pieces of identification should show your child’s name and date of birth, one of which must have a photo on it.

Examples include:

• school record
  • health insurance card
If there is information on both sides of your child’s personal identification documents, provide a photocopy of both sides.

For a child under school age, identification such as:

• a passport page containing their photo and personal details, or
  • a hospital or immunization record, may be provided
Format: Clear and legible photocopy

Note: You cannot use your child’s permanent resident card as identification.

wp14

Jun 25, 2012
Incomplete Application received, although i had already realized my mistake a day after i sent my application, but it was too late for me, as the package was already on its way. So I called CIC and was advised to send the whole COMPLETED application again with a letter describing what had happened also the agent suggested to fill out a webform indicating the steps that I am taking. I did all that. I received a reply for the webform submission, essentially telling be that there is no record of my application yet as the have not processed it.
As i said I received my application back recently as it is incomplete. I sent another webform submission recently to again let them know about the mistake and the steps that i took to correct it, the reply has not come yet.

Advices are welcome here thanks :)
Sorry to keep reposting...wondering if i should send a fresh application or the measures i took should be good enough. THanks

com.aman

Jan 14, 2020
Family size:2
Physical Presence: 1599
App. Sent: 27 Nov, 2019
App. Delivered: 04 Dec, 2019
AOR: 21 feb, 2020
In process: 24 Feb, 2020
Fingerprints requested: 4 Mar, 2020 ( got an email from Vancouver CIC office)

taivoi

Jul 4, 2011
Visa Office......
Singapore
Sorry to keep reposting...wondering if i should send a fresh application or the measures i took should be good enough. THanks
If i were you, i would send a fresh new application asap.

Reactions: wp14

reivax

Star Member
Jul 27, 2015
AOR Received.
03-08-2015
Passport Req..
11-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
27-01-2016
Family size:2
Physical Presence: 1599
App. Sent: 27 Nov, 2019
App. Delivered: 04 Dec, 2019
AOR: 21 feb, 2020
In process: 24 Feb, 2020
Fingerprints requested: 4 Mar, 2020 ( got an email from Vancouver CIC office)
Added.

desperatenow

Aug 19, 2014
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-2011
Med's Request
03-04-2014
Med's Done....
24-07-2014
Interview........
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
18-08-2015 Sent on: 19-08-2015 Received by CEM on: 20-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
September 2, 2015 VOH: September 9, 2015
LANDED..........
September 17, 2015
can you please tell me where to buy or get a reviewer for the canadian citizen test?
The book “Discover Canada” is available online. You don’t need to buy it.

lifein360

Jan 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Jan 17, 2017
Med's Done....
Feb 20, 2017
Passport Req..
Mar 20, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 24, 2017
LANDED..........
Apr 23, 2017
missed to fill out section 12b for income tax filing for the last 5 years. For some reason i kept on assuming that providing them with my SIN is enough. but i corrected the mistake and sent the completed one in few days.
Ah shoot. That sucks - that is so minor why is IRCC so anal. Thinking of your situation, I may have done something that an officer may find issue with.

So my eligibility period is from Feb 10-2015 to Feb 10-2020. But in the taxes section 12b, I entered the tax years as 2018 to 2014 - all 5 years with required to file yes and taxes filed yes.

I missed out even mentioning 2019 as I forgot about it as I had not filed those taxes yet. Possibility of it being returned is there. I realize the requirements are to file taxes for 3 out of the 5 years, so with 2015 to 2018 I have 4 years which qualify me.