Med's Request
1ST WEEK OF MARCH 2013
Med's Done....
3RD WEEK OF MARCH 2013
VISA ISSUED...
LAST WEEK OF APRIL 2013
LANDED..........
JULY 2013
i spoke to customer service just now and they said my application is in toronto office what does it mean? does it mean all security checks are done and i should be waiting for my exam dates?
what is your timelines

nosferatos

Oct 16, 2015
i spoke to customer service just now and they said my application is in toronto office what does it mean? does it mean all security checks are done and i should be waiting for my exam dates?
This is what they told me too, except mine is at the Mississauga location. I hope it means that I have passed all the checks and only need to wait for the test invitation.

nosferatos

Oct 16, 2015
It's very interesting that you received this info regarding the test location, it still sounds optimistic, what time did you call and how long did you wait?
My application is at the Mississauga location. I called at around 10 am and had to wait about 30 mins to get someone on the line.

Reactions: Tess90

keypad

Sep 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-10-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
15-10-2013
Med's Done....
26-10-2013
Passport Req..
15-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2015
LANDED..........
29-09-2015

kunishsa

Oct 30, 2012
One question. I had submitted my IELTS results while applying for PR almost 7 years ago. I had lost the result copy with me and when I checked with IELTS test center, they mentioned there is no way they could retrieve my old results copy. Do I need it for citizenship test? What other documents they would accept for citizenship? Also Do my wife need any language proof? We both have bachelors university degree from a different country though..
Can someone answer this please?

Nefasto

Feb 13, 2014

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
One question. I had submitted my IELTS results while applying for PR almost 7 years ago. I had lost the result copy with me and when I checked with IELTS test center, they mentioned there is no way they could retrieve my old results copy. Do I need it for citizenship test? What other documents they would accept for citizenship? Also Do my wife need any language proof? We both have bachelors university degree from a different country though..
You need to provide proof of language proficiency with your application. Their website has a list of which tests they accept. You can see that here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/eligibility/language-proof/step-5.html

I'm not sure if your wife also needs to take it since I applied alone, maybe someone else can confirm that. GL
In addition to what @Nefasto has said...

Yes, any applicant between the ages of 18 and 54 MUST submit language proof. If your foreign post secondary degree / diploma etc was in English, you might be able to submit those documents (as long as the document show that your education was in English).

engray

Champion Member
Jul 20, 2018
Can someone answer this please?
You need to provide proof of language proficiency with your application. Their website has a list of which tests they accept. You can see that here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/eligibility/language-proof/step-5.html

I'm not sure if your wife also needs to take it since I applied alone, maybe someone else can confirm that. GL
As Nefasto pointed out, use the link to see what they accept as language proof. Also, your wife needs to provide her own proof as well.

kunishsa

Oct 30, 2012
Thanks a lot everyone for your replies. Yes, we both have university graduation certificates which shows the medium of instructions as English.

K0c4nbi3t

Sep 5, 2015
Ordered GCMS says criminality passed. Others not started yet. Any ideas when i get invited for test?
Ordered note, nothing moving since Sep 2020. Phoned agent they said that everything it looks good. I already passed criminality, so maybe no FP requested and waiting for test, due date for everything is Feb 28,21. Hopefully they will send test invitation soon.

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

sairam99

Star Member
Jun 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Newdelhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2ND WEEK OF APRIL 2010
Doc's Request.
2ND WEEK OF JULY 2010
AOR Received.
LAST WEEK OF OCTOBER 2010
Med's Request
1ST WEEK OF MARCH 2013
Med's Done....
3RD WEEK OF MARCH 2013
VISA ISSUED...
LAST WEEK OF APRIL 2013
LANDED..........
JULY 2013
Ordered note, nothing moving since Sep 2020. Phoned agent they said that everything it looks good. I already passed criminality, so maybe no FP requested and waiting for test, due date for everything is Feb 28,21. Hopefully they will send test invitation soon.
How do you the due date is Feb 28, 21 and what is your time lines

sairam99

Star Member
Jun 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Newdelhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2ND WEEK OF APRIL 2010
Doc's Request.