+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2018 AOR - join here

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
For initial days, recommded to get some money loaded onto a card you can use here . I've had good exp. with RBC & TD. They both have some good newcomer programs and accounts but TD refused to give me a credit card while RBC did . You can walk in to any branch and open an account. You could also go for a global bank like HSBC or Citi and have them create an account for you even before you move
Is there any reason behind why one bank refuses to give credit card while the other is okay in issuing one?

And Thank you so much :)

Reactions: Daddytj

Abhinav90

Apr 16, 2019
AOR - 12 th Dec

MEP - 24th Jan

No update after that.

Nationality- indian

Residence - SA

Called cic yesterday evening, the lady was friendly and said everything looks good. I asked if the eligibility has been recommended pass etc , she said no update as of now and told me that it's under the 6 month timeline.

vbedi

Star Member
Feb 4, 2019
Is there any reason behind why one bank refuses to give credit card while the other is okay in issuing one?

And Thank you so much :)
No reason really , TD was willing to issue a secured credit card, which IMHO is just a fancy debit card and helps i building credit but RBC was able to issue us a regular card with $0 fee. It really depends I guess on what agent you are talking to , I guess. I'm not sure, these two banks are very similar and are big (at least in ON, not sure about other provinces) and either of them would serve your purpose fine , go with whichever gives you a better deal. For ex: RBC was also offer $ 300 cash back if we opened savings, checkings and credit cards with them , so we went ahead an grabbed that .

derkdsou

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2018
Thanks, @vbedi, for sharing these tips!

Is anyone else on this forum planning to or thinking about moving to Montreal (or Quebec in general)? I have looked into the rules regarding healthcare, tenancy, etc., which are broadly similar to Ontario. Wondering if there is sufficient interest here to start a new thread, share information on friendly banks, finding work, living in a French-speaking part of Canada...all of that.

Reactions: Anhcuong3295

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
No reason really , TD was willing to issue a secured credit card, which IMHO is just a fancy debit card and helps i building credit but RBC was able to issue us a regular card with $0 fee. It really depends I guess on what agent you are talking to , I guess. I'm not sure, these two banks are very similar and are big (at least in ON, not sure about other provinces) and either of them would serve your purpose fine , go with whichever gives you a better deal. For ex: RBC was also offer $ 300 cash back if we opened savings, checkings and credit cards with them , so we went ahead an grabbed that .
Thank you so much for that :)

Drsis

Star Member
Nov 12, 2018
Hey, I am trying to order my gcms notes and there are two options on the website. One of them is "request general records" and the other is "request personal information". Which one should I go for?
Is it available to applicants from outside Canada?
Thanks

Yesh Sondhi

Star Member
Apr 16, 2019
I changed my NOC code from 0213 to 2171 two weeks back by raising a CSE. Is that going to be a concern for the Visa officer? Has anyone else changed their NOC code while in IP1?

lurdy

Star Member
Aug 12, 2017
Abuja
Is there any Nigerian Dec AOR applicant who is aware of his/her eligibility status as met/recommended pass and whose background check status has changed from IP1 to IP2?

Daddytj

Star Member
Feb 24, 2019
Doc's Request.
26-12-2018
AOR Received.
26-12-2018
Is there any Nigerian Dec AOR applicant who is aware of his/her eligibility status as met/recommended pass and whose background check status has changed from IP1 to IP2?
I am, mine is recommended pass