+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2018 AOR - join here

derkdsou

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2018
Can an extensive travel history (shortened here to ETH) negatively impact one's processing time? I actually had to report 100 trips to about 35 countries. I want to believe that the more one has traveled the more confidence it should add to your overall risk profile, however this is not the case according to @legalfalcon, who is somewhat of an expert on these matters. Indeed, I went in search of answers by reaching out to people with AORs of January 2018 and onward to find out if people had faced delays due to ETHs.

In all, I received some 25-30 responses. There was a lot of surprising stuff in there. A NZ national who went to Mexico for a four-day vacation years ago was requested to send in a PCC for it! This resulted in an ADR, and it took him about a month to get the certificate from Mexico.

There were almost a dozen cases of people who had very ETHs and were put into what is called a 'security screening', which is an intensive background check conducted by the CSIS in conjunction with the CBSA, and can take anywhere from six months to a year. There are quite a few Jan through April 2018 AORs that I am touch with that are still waiting for their security screening to end!

Meanwhile, a small number of people who replied told me not to worry...that they had passed their background checks without a perceptible delay despite an ETH.

Of course, nothing about IRCC can be generalized and there is no one rule of thumb to follow when it comes to how they conduct their background checks. It may be that they will go through everything in your travel history with a fine tooth comb or let you get off easy. The fact that neither of us has received any ADRs such as additional PCCs is a good sign, but I don't want to speak too soon. Finally, there is nothing to be gained from worrying; I hope none of us is put into a 'hold pattern' due to an ETH. There are GCMS notes, of course, but also CSIS and CBSA notes that offer much more depth and clarity on one's background check - something which is usually heavily redacted in GCMS notes.

This is a topic of conversation that interests me greatly, and I've actually been discussing it with @USProgrammer over PM.

Edit: P.S. People have abbreviated security screening to 'SS', which for anyone from Europe will have a completely different connotation. :D

Yes you are right I am also in the situation of having living in different countries and don’t get me started on the travels .... I’m afraid it will take them forever to go through my application with all the travels...

Last edited:

pram83

Jan 12, 2019
Colorado Springs
Category........
FSW
Hi All,

My AOR was Dec 8th and MEP Jan 22nd. I am in IP1, whereas I see several people after my MEP already at IP2. In what cases does this happen and is this something i need be concerned about?

USProgrammer

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2018
Texas, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO-Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Passport Req..
25-03-2019
LANDED..........
24-08-2019
Estimated remaining processing time: 17 Week(s)

Reactions: Laumyl

sgrv

Star Member
Sep 11, 2018
Hi All,

My AOR was Dec 8th and MEP Jan 22nd. I am in IP1, whereas I see several people after my MEP already at IP2. In what cases does this happen and is this something i need be concerned about?
The whole IP1/IP2 thing should be taken with a grain of salt. They're somewhat arbitrary and no one knows for sure if they actually indicate anything meaningful. Profile statuses evolve differently for different people. The only real indicator of progress is a specific communication from IRCC (like MEP). Nothing to worry about!

Last edited:

pram83

Jan 12, 2019
Colorado Springs
Category........
FSW
The whole IP1/IP2 thing should be taken with a grain of salt. They're somewhat arbitrary and no one knows for sure if they actually indicate anything meaningful. Profile statuses evolve differently for different people. The only real indicator of progress is a specific communication from IRCC (like MEP).
Thank you.

ozaN

Nov 29, 2018
Hey everyone,

AOR: 25.12.2018

No updates about MEP

UCI number is still starts with CAN....

Timeline still shows like Date received: December 25, 2018 Estimated completion date: June 25, 2019 There is no remaining weeks or months shown...

I am not pretty sure but nearly from the beginning my details as below;

Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

I am confused that my background check has never been not applicable.

Also my medical visit was on 17.12.2018. Because of further TB analysis, Panel Physician requested me to give 3 consecutive sputums. And it was done on 22.12.2018. PP told me to wait 3 months for sputum results and another X-ray. I think till that time I will not see any change in my MEP status...

Any advise or comments on my situation?

Captmario

Nov 2, 2018
Hey everyone,

No updates about MEP

Timeline still shows like Date received: December 25, 2018 Estimated completion date: June 25, 2019 There is no remaining weeks or months shown...

Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Also my medical visit was on 17.12.2018. Because of further TB analysis, Panel Physician requested me to give 3 consecutive sputums. And it was done on 22.12.2018. PP told me to wait 3 months for sputum results and another X-ray. I think till that time I will not see any change in my MEP status...

December 25 MEP is expected in few days time.

Reactions: ozaN

ramimedhat

May 26, 2018
Hey everyone,

No updates about MEP

Hi Ozan,

It is currently taking 42-44 days to process MEPs, you should be receiving it in 3-4 days or so! I am also AOR Dec 25th btw, I am really looking forward to receiving the MEP and passing the R10.

Reactions: ozaN

Ronaldinho

Dec 9, 2018
Dear team, short question to you:

I got Biometrics letter and already gave it 2 weeks ago,
it has appeared immediately in my account as passed, so my question is at which stage am I ?
In the beginning or at almost in the final stage?
Does anybody know how much time will be taken from biometrics pass to the final decision?
Thanks

Shahanastar

Oct 25, 2018
Category........
FSW
Dear team, short question to you:

I got Biometrics letter and already gave it 2 weeks ago,
it has appeared immediately in my account as passed, so my question is at which stage am I ?
In the beginning or at almost in the final stage?
Does anybody know how much time will be taken from biometrics pass to the final decision?
Thanks
Biometrics is usually the first stage. This is not an indication that final decision is nearing. However, it does generally imply that your application is accepted as complete and promoted in system for review of eligibility and security. This can take anywhere from few weeks to months.

Reactions: Ronaldinho

RayBear

Dec 13, 2018
UK
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
2281/2282
App. Filed.......
19-12-2018
AOR Received.
19-12-2018
Med's Done....
03-12-2018
Has the status bar always been animated or is that part of what changed when everyone got bumped to 4ish months? =P

NOMAD2017

Mar 9, 2017
Mississauga, Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-12-2018
Med's Done....
03-11-2019