+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***DECEMBER 2017***OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

Jonny Blond

Sep 21, 2017
Persistence has nothing to do with it...actually you probably would have got your application completed in 4 months compared to 5 or 6 if you didn’t bother CIC.

pd1234

Dec 4, 2017
Australia isn’t a visa exempt country. I’m just saying that if you have a spouse in a visa exempt country get ready to wait..if your from the United States, Australia or a visa free joint then your wait won’t be all that bad from what I’ve seen. What Canada CIC should post on processing times shouldn’t be 12 month wait for everyone. It should say that only for visa exempt countries. It says processing times for the United States, Australian and everyone else 12 months but you know it’s all a sham...just saying big boy.
They got decision made JUST for sponsor approval... not his wife's permanent residency application, chill. They were stuck in that initial stage for way longer than even applicants from more difficult visa offices (New Delhi, London, Manila, etc).

somflower

May 17, 2018
They got decision made JUST for sponsor approval... not his wife's permanent residency application, chill. They were stuck in that initial stage for way longer than even applicants from more difficult visa offices (New Delhi, London, Manila, etc).
It also sounds like Jonny Blond thinks "visa exempt" mean "needs a visa." Aside from being rude, the post above makes no sense.

ajmcanada

Apr 23, 2018
Hi, We are in a bit of a unique situation. I am my husband's sponsor, he is American. We submitted our app on 18 Dec. We had some issues with the medical which seem to have delayed our app quite a bit. The doctor is going to be submitting everything this coming week.

I have lived in the US for almost three years now, so my OHIP has expired as I didn't know I had to suspend it or anything. We have just found out that I'm pregnant (very unexpectedly) and I need to get back home quickly (within the next few months) so I can reinstate my OHIP. Is there any way my husband can come with me and wait the app out in Canada?

EDIT: Also, do I need to inform them or update our application at all to say that I am pregnant now?

Last edited:

somflower

May 17, 2018
Hi, We are in a bit of a unique situation. I am my husband's sponsor, he is American. We submitted our app on 18 Dec. We had some issues with the medical which seem to have delayed our app quite a bit. The doctor is going to be submitting everything this coming week.

I have lived in the US for almost three years now, so my OHIP has expired as I didn't know I had to suspend it or anything. We have just found out that I'm pregnant (very unexpectedly) and I need to get back home quickly (within the next few months) so I can reinstate my OHIP. Is there any way my husband can come with me and wait the app out in Canada?

EDIT: Also, do I need to inform them or update our application at all to say that I am pregnant now?
Someone else who is more informed can answer your question about your husband coming to Canada, but as far as a pregnancy goes (I looked this up recently since I got pregnant since sending in our application), it's not considered a significant change in circumstances or update worthy of contacting them over until you've actually had the baby lol.

Ukrainian girl

Oct 7, 2017
App. Filed.......
22-12-2017
AOR Received.
12-02-2018
Med's Request
07-03-2018
Someone else who is more informed can answer your question about your husband coming to Canada, but as far as a pregnancy goes (I looked this up recently since I got pregnant since sending in our application), it's not considered a significant change in circumstances or update worthy of contacting them over until you've actually had the baby lol.
I just recently seen someone posting a copy of their COPR or PPR letter and I’m pretty sure pregnancy and due date were on the list of significant changes in circumstances that PA needed to inform VO about before landing just like birth of a child etc. I think it would be better to inform the VO.

Last edited:
Reactions: GerNatUKRes

somflower

May 17, 2018
I just recently seen someone posting a copy of their COPR or PPR letter and I’m pretty sure pregnancy and due date were on the list of significant changes in circumstances that PA needed to inform VO about before landing just like birth of a child etc. I think it would be better to inform the VO.
Link? On the sponsor approval letter, it says: "You must notify IRCC of any changes to your application. Examples of changes include: - Changes in your personal circumstances, such as birth or adoption of a child, death of a family member, a marriage or divorce..." So that doesn't include pregnancy, and that was confirmed by other threads here on the topic. You only report a birth.

Ukrainian girl

Oct 7, 2017
App. Filed.......
22-12-2017
AOR Received.
12-02-2018
Med's Request
07-03-2018
Link? On the sponsor approval letter, it says: "You must notify IRCC of any changes to your application. Examples of changes include: - Changes in your personal circumstances, such as birth or adoption of a child, death of a family member, a marriage or divorce..." So that doesn't include pregnancy, and that was confirmed by other threads here on the topic. You only report a birth.
Here’s a link to another thread posted on this forum of someone’s PPR letter which states that PA should inform the VO about pregnancy.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/ppr-mail.551449/

Well it’s up to you to report it or not. I personally don’t see any reasons for not reporting it. Takes like one minute to write an email to the VO.

Last edited:

ajmcanada

Apr 23, 2018
Here’s a link to another thread posted on this forum of someone’s PPR letter which states that PA should inform the VO about pregnancy.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/ppr-mail.551449/

Well it’s up to you to report it or not. I personally don’t see any reasons for not reporting it. Takes like one minute to write an email to the VO.
Thank you for your response. I think the circumstance is different since I am not the Primary Applicant, I am a Canadian Citizen and am my husband's sponsor. I think that if the Primary Applicant were to become pregnant, you have a duty to report the pregnancy, but Sponsors don't have the same obligation, as my child would be a Canadian citizen regardless of where they are born (should I apply for that recognition).

This is just what I'm inferring from the difference in the Primary Applicant letter vs the Sponsor letter. I double checked my own and it mentions the birth of a child but not a pregnancy on the sponsor letter. I am assuming those are the regulations I am bound to as a sponsor. My only worry with communicating with the office is a potential delay in our application yet again. When we have reached out to them before, it usually takes them 2-3 weeks to reply to us and seems to slow our app down. Being processed at CPC Mississauga, by the way.

Can anyone help me figure out how my husband can come to Canada with me to wait out the application under Dual Intent?

Ukrainian girl

Oct 7, 2017
App. Filed.......
22-12-2017
AOR Received.
12-02-2018
Med's Request
07-03-2018
Thank you for your response. I think the circumstance is different since I am not the Primary Applicant, I am a Canadian Citizen and am my husband's sponsor. I think that if the Primary Applicant were to become pregnant, you have a duty to report the pregnancy, but Sponsors don't have the same obligation, as my child would be a Canadian citizen regardless of where they are born (should I apply for that recognition).

This is just what I'm inferring from the difference in the Primary Applicant letter vs the Sponsor letter. I double checked my own and it mentions the birth of a child but not a pregnancy on the sponsor letter. I am assuming those are the regulations I am bound to as a sponsor. My only worry with communicating with the office is a potential delay in our application yet again. When we have reached out to them before, it usually takes them 2-3 weeks to reply to us and seems to slow our app down. Being processed at CPC Mississauga, by the way.

Can anyone help me figure out how my husband can come to Canada with me to wait out the application under Dual Intent?
Sure, there’s no need to update IRCC if your the Sponsor, not the Principal Applicant.

Reactions: GerNatUKRes

DanaF

Mar 12, 2018
Hello, December 2017 outland applicant here (Singapore VO). I’m currently visiting my spouse in Canada on a tourist visa (since mid February 2018). While here I got my request for medical and got it done here. Now I’ve been asked for my passport (email received june 13) even though Gckey doesnt say decision made yet (ecas says decision made). We were thinking of sending my passport from Canada instead of going back to my home country.
Does anyone know if that might be possible? Would we need to do anything differently in that case or change our address anywhere on the application?
Also am I to submit all my passports or only the current one?

Apr 27, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-03-2018
AOR Received.
27-04-2018
File Transfer...
09-05-2018
Med's Request
01-05-2018
Med's Done....
10-05-2018
Passport Req..
26-06-2018

From what I understand, your American husband can enter Canada for 6 months as a visitor (there's no extra application for duel intent, just a verbal declaration at the border). He just won't be able to work while in Canada.

In terms of OHIP, he can only apply once Citizenship and Immigration Canada has confirmed that he "meets the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence in Canada" (http://www.health.gov.on.ca/en/public/programs/ohip/ohipfaq_mn.aspx)
After that, it's still at least a 3 month wait to obtain covered services.

Javs

Star Member
Nov 20, 2017
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
8-12-2017
AOR Received.
31-01-2018
File Transfer...
23-03-2018
Med's Request
20-02-2018
Med's Done....
12-03-2018
Hello, December 2017 outland applicant here (Singapore VO). I’m currently visiting my spouse in Canada on a tourist visa (since mid February 2018). While here I got my request for medical and got it done here. Now I’ve been asked for my passport (email received june 13) even though Gckey doesnt say decision made yet (ecas says decision made). We were thinking of sending my passport from Canada instead of going back to my home country.
Does anyone know if that might be possible? Would we need to do anything differently in that case or change our address anywhere on the application?
Also am I to submit all my passports or only the current one?
Hey, congratulations first of all. I’m kind of in the same situation as you. We asked a lawyer and he suggested that you change your address to in Canada’s and email the VO telling them that you are already in Canada and would like to do the landing there. I think they would then email you the procedure of doing it from there. I haven’t gotten my PR request yet so we haven’t tested it out. Please do let me know as well if you try it out as I’m thinking about doing the same instead of going back.

DanaF

Mar 12, 2018
Hey, congratulations first of all. I’m kind of in the same situation as you. We asked a lawyer and he suggested that you change your address to in Canada’s and email the VO telling them that you are already in Canada and would like to do the landing there. I think they would then email you the procedure of doing it from there. I haven’t gotten my PR request yet so we haven’t tested it out. Please do let me know as well if you try it out as I’m thinking about doing the same instead of going back.
Thank you
Do you know wherein I should be changing my address? I’m not thinking about the landing as yet, just about sending about the passport for the visa stamping. My ppr email did say under a ‘residents of canada’ headline that if I were to have a mailing address in canada, I could send it to the cpc Ottawa and no further instructions. I’m wondering if this might be applicable to me since i’m staying here and I do have a mailing address but I’m not absolutely sure if I qualify as a resident as per the cic definition.