+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2017 - Citizenship Applicants

ghapama

Star Member
Jan 15, 2018
Hi everyone,
Quick question about change of province/change of address.
I have the IP already on my file (Dec applicant, IP since Feb 12), and am waiting on a test invite. I am, however, moving back to the province where I originally got PR, due to another employment offer. I am starting the job next week, but have my apartment in my current province until the end of April, but no later than that - so I have access to my mailbox until end of April.

What's the best way to proceed? Do I change both mailing + residential address when I start my job in the other province? Do I keep my mailing address in my current province until about the 20th of April (considering it might take a few business days for changes to take effect - don't want them to be mailing out stuff after the 20th of April to my current address, as by the time the mail arrives, I will no longer have access )? I worry that if the test invite gets sent out some time in mid-April, I will be caught in limbo and my test invite will no longer be accessible as I will have lost access to my mailbox...

But I also am worried that if I change the address now, before a test invite is received, they might be in the process of sending the invite but haven't updated the system online, or something along those lines. Do I take a gamble and hope to receive my test invite in the next 3 weeks? Or is it better to change my address next week?

Will change of residential address prompt a move of file to another office? Or is that prompted by change of mailing address? Or it depends on what stage the application is at? Is the move to another office automatic, or does it have to be requested?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Kan_Sri

Champion Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
Mar 05-2014
App. Type: Family (2)
Physical Presence Day: 1103
App. Sent: Nov. 27, 2017 (Second sending after first sending in October was return in November for unsigned physical presence form. I actually thought they will return it for unsigned photograph as I did not sign that too).
calgary is on FIRE!!! Hopefully they set an example for rest of the IRCC offices

Keyurderasari

Star Member
Feb 13, 2016
gujarat
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13 march 2015
AOR Received.
20 may 2015
File Transfer...
13 may 2015
Med's Request
26 january 2016 (ReMedical)
Med's Done....
1 february 2016
Interview........
hope not
Thank you. I just went to rcmp local office where i did my fingerprint and ask my doubt. The guy told me that the result will come to this office and then they will call me and give me all documents which i have send to citizenship office.they told me it will take 4 weeks max. It might take less but just for safe side they told me 4 week. And about adding my reference number even he is confused too.. he told me that there one barcode number and TCN number is there. He did so my citizenship fingerprints but never seen that reference number thing. He told me not worry. So let hope for best.

linksalman

Jul 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4th May 2011
Doc's Request.
ALREADY SENT
AOR Received.
9th-june-2011
IELTS Request
sent initially
File Transfer...
11th-July-2011 and In Process 21st-Dec-2012
Med's Request
20th February 2013
Med's Done....
1st March 2013, MED line added=12th March 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR1> 11-September-2013 PPR2> 3rd October 2013
VISA ISSUED...
12th Oct 2013
LANDED..........
Feb 2014
I did my fingerprint at rcmp and they give me one copy of all information of me with fingerprint on it but they didn’t include any of my references number from immigration fingerprint request letter. They just took name and DOB and fingerprints. And told me that i have send that copy to citizenship office. They told me that they will send report directly after 4-5 weeks to ottawa. I m so confused. Can somebody direct me what should i do?
I did my finger prints at comissionaries. They gave me a copy of finger prints and told me that the results will go to RCMP in 48 hours and then they will forward it to Vancouver office.
Comissionaries officer also told me 2:
1. call IRCC on April 6( i did my FP on march 19) to confirm if they have received the results
2. ask them about expected Test invite
3. save the copy of finger prints and take them on the test date

btbt

Feb 26, 2018
Hi everyone,
Quick question about change of province/change of address.
I have the IP already on my file (Dec applicant, IP since Feb 12), and am waiting on a test invite. I am, however, moving back to the province where I originally got PR, due to another employment offer. I am starting the job next week, but have my apartment in my current province until the end of April, but no later than that - so I have access to my mailbox until end of April.

What's the best way to proceed? Do I change both mailing + residential address when I start my job in the other province? Do I keep my mailing address in my current province until about the 20th of April (considering it might take a few business days for changes to take effect - don't want them to be mailing out stuff after the 20th of April to my current address, as by the time the mail arrives, I will no longer have access )? I worry that if the test invite gets sent out some time in mid-April, I will be caught in limbo and my test invite will no longer be accessible as I will have lost access to my mailbox...

But I also am worried that if I change the address now, before a test invite is received, they might be in the process of sending the invite but haven't updated the system online, or something along those lines. Do I take a gamble and hope to receive my test invite in the next 3 weeks? Or is it better to change my address next week?

Will change of residential address prompt a move of file to another office? Or is that prompted by change of mailing address? Or it depends on what stage the application is at? Is the move to another office automatic, or does it have to be requested?

Any advice would be appreciated.
They will likely move your file to the office that handles your new home address. They do not take the mailing address into account to determine which office processes your file. You do not need to request the file transfer; it'll happen automatically.

( https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/canadian-citizenship/admininistration/general-file-processing/sending-applications-changes-address.html )

I think if I were in that situation, I'd lean towards changing my mailing address at the same time as my home address -- just to make things more straightforward.

You can use the online change of address tool if "you’re moving within 3 weeks or have already moved", so it is something you could do now (The file transfer is going to take at least a little time, so getting that initiated sooner means your file can get to where it's meant to be sooner).

optimistic6

Star Member
Jul 21, 2015
All,
I just looked at this thread and wanted to share my story. I am also December applicant and sent my package on 22, December 2017, but unfortunately I haven't received AOR yet.

During last month, I received reply to my Web Form inquiry that they are not able to locate my application package and I need to give them more information so I shared tracking number everything but still no AOR. Due to this depressing situation, I sent another application package in March.

After waiting two weeks, I went to MP office and they coordinated with minister office and they received reply that my first application was received on 27th of December. Apart from this information, they did not receive any thing else. Even seems that MP office is not able to help that why my AOR has not been sent yet ?
Really very frustrating and killing situation. Anyone else has similar experience ?

Thanks

optimistic6

Star Member
Jul 21, 2015
Sadly, yeah...
Apparently they misplaced my application somehow. The max time from receipt to AOR I saw was 73 says. Now I have broken the record, with a whopping...93 days. Hoping the rest goes by quickly, cause I don't need to do the test or interview. (Being 17 has it's perks haha)

I guess, I have broken the record with a whopping. I sent application on 22-December-2017 and still no update. No AOR. Its been 96 days. Frustration on its peak.

btbt

Feb 26, 2018
Hello Folks
Finally i got AOR
28 March 2018
What i should expect next ?
Also my son "s name in the PDF received from cic is incorrect
Within 24 to 48 hours you should be able to access the online status tracker (ecas). Once you have access to ecas you can use the (separate) web form to contact IRCC, which you can use to inquire/tell them about the error in the name.

At some point in the future your application will go "in process" (no notification will be sent; you'll only see this by checking ecas). This is usually when the application has been sent to the IRCC office responsible for your area.

Next you will receive an invitation for the test and interview. A notification will be sent. This may be by mail or by email, which depends on the local office. You will get at least two weeks notice. If you need more time to prepare for the citizenship test start reviewing the material early. The guide is online (no paper copy will be sent, even if the AOR notification says so -- they only send the link these days -- unless you ask for one specifically), so you can read it once now, and get a head start on your test preparation.

Background checks can be still be in progress when you're invited for the test. The invitation does not mean your application is otherwise almost complete, so there can be a long wait after the test.

If all goes well, your application will change status to "decision made". No notification will be sent for this either, so it's only visible on ecas.

Some time later you will receive an invitation to the citizenship ceremony.

At any time up until the ceremony you may be asked to provide additional information (fingerprints for a criminal records check, usually because someone with a similar name/date of birth has had a run-in with the law, or documents to prove your presence in Canada during your eligibility period, or some other document related to your application). Not every applicant is asked for additional information.

Do realize that the process can take quite some time -- IRCC's goal is for 80% of all applications to get "decision made" within 12 months. There is a spreadsheet maintained by volunteers on the forum that will show you how long it has taken some applicants to get to the different steps in the process. Note that there are a relatively small number of data points (fewer and fewer the further along in the process), so focusing on how long it has taken for others may be misleading.

Many people on the forum spend lots of their time stressing out because their application isn't processed at exactly the same speed as someone else's. There is quite a bit of variability in processing times, even within the same office. If you can just sit back and relax. Live your life. IRCC will get in touch when they're good and ready.

Dec 26, 2017
Within 24 to 48 hours you should be able to access the online status tracker (ecas). Once you have access to ecas you can use the (separate) web form to contact IRCC, which you can use to inquire/tell them about the error in the name.

At some point in the future your application will go "in process" (no notification will be sent; you'll only see this by checking ecas). This is usually when the application has been sent to the IRCC office responsible for your area.

Next you will receive an invitation for the test and interview. A notification will be sent. This may be by mail or by email, which depends on the local office. You will get at least two weeks notice. If you need more time to prepare for the citizenship test start reviewing the material early. The guide is online (no paper copy will be sent, even if the AOR notification says so -- they only send the link these days -- unless you ask for one specifically), so you can read it once now, and get a head start on your test preparation.

Background checks can be still be in progress when you're invited for the test. The invitation does not mean your application is otherwise almost complete, so there can be a long wait after the test.

If all goes well, your application will change status to "decision made". No notification will be sent for this either, so it's only visible on ecas.

Some time later you will receive an invitation to the citizenship ceremony.

At any time up until the ceremony you may be asked to provide additional information (fingerprints for a criminal records check, usually because someone with a similar name/date of birth has had a run-in with the law, or documents to prove your presence in Canada during your eligibility period, or some other document related to your application). Not every applicant is asked for additional information.

Do realize that the process can take quite some time -- IRCC's goal is for 80% of all applications to get "decision made" within 12 months. There is a spreadsheet maintained by volunteers on the forum that will show you how long it has taken some applicants to get to the different steps in the process. Note that there are a relatively small number of data points (fewer and fewer the further along in the process), so focusing on how long it has taken for others may be misleading.

Many people on the forum spend lots of their time stressing out because their application isn't processed at exactly the same speed as someone else's. There is quite a bit of variability in processing times, even within the same office. If you can just sit back and relax. Live your life. IRCC will get in touch when they're good and ready.
Much appreciated

karambir singh

Apr 18, 2011
CHANDIGARH, PUNJAB
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI TO COLOMBO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
CIC NS 14/02/2013
AOR Received.
CIO :- 25/03/2013, NDVO :- 27/06/2013, CVO :26/11/2013
IELTS Request
submitted with application
File Transfer...
26/11/2013
Med's Request
31/01/2014
Med's Done....
03/02/2014 , ECAS Update :- 08/02/2014
Passport Req..
11/02/2014
VISA ISSUED...
15/02/2014
LANDED..........
30/04/2014
Line added to ecas on March 27 for FP request. Will get it done when i recieve the actual copy through mail.

Please update.